Cruise passenger capacity in Dec 2021

jkx

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

And there are those of us who won't cruise if they don't require masks inside. I support dropping the mask requirement once those 5 and over need to be vaccinated, which will be sometime in 2022. 

What about if a 1 year old is on board that isn't vaccinated?  

We were scheduled for a multi-generational New Year's Eve week long cruise, but wound up canceling that and booking a June 2022 one, instead.  It would have been nice to enjoy some limited capacity on the ship, but with a few under age 12 and several vaccinated adults with pre-existing health issues, we just were not ready to take the risks.

I will be watching the threads, though, to see how holiday cruises wind up for those that do sale.

20 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

It's pretty easy to avoid a 1 yr old. They are not mobile like an 8 yr old is or pressing elevator buttons.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 2:44 PM, sellwingri said:

I’m booked on Allure over New Years Eve and very few cabins are available; no balconies at all.  I wonder if they hold back 50% or if this is such a popular time to cruise that they we will sail close to capacity?  I’ve been on 3 cruises so far since sailing started again with about 20% capacity on all and loved it!

Curious about this as well.  I'm booked on a Thanksgiving cruise and a month or so ago, there was a big price drop, so I called looking to bump up a class and was told that there were no balconies available on the sailing.  So either they're holding back inventory or the cruise is at or near capacity.  I'd tend to think the former more likely, but who knows?

6 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

I won't be interacting on board with a one year old. Also, if you look at the statistics, those under five are unlikely to contract Covid, therefore unlikely to pass it on. 

I have not read any of the comments, but I have been reading various sights about cruising, it looks like it will be about 50 or 60% which is fine with me, as we will be able to "navigate" around the ship a little better at times. 🙂

On 10/12/2021 at 9:58 PM, Heymarco said:

I think Royal already announced they were targeting 100% by end of year (if you read in-between the lines). 

Good luck to them with that.  Right now, there is going to be a group that won't sail under certain conditions.  They can't please everyone, and with the current hoops to jump thru, they won't fill the ships.  Just my opinion, tho.  🙂

• Like 2

I am scheduled on the Anthem NYE21 cruise. It is pretty much sold out (4-5 rooms available to book as of today).

I check weekly and most rooms available appeared to be spaced out. Which was odd to me because i have never seen rooms available in that specific pattern (every other room available to book) for the past month)

So I wonder if they are capping it at 50-60% to accommodate spacing out of rooms and ability for people to "ROYAL UP" .  I just received my royal up offer via email yesterday.

On 10/12/2021 at 9:51 PM, jkx said:

For people that cruised with over 50-60% capacity, how many nights was your cruise? It seems like the RCL ships that were completely full were weekend cruises, but cannot verify.

I'm on Oasis seven-night sailing now. It was announced this a.m  at the top tier event that we are sailing with 3300 guests and that this is the largest guest capacity to date. That doesn't seem to be accurate since someone posted Freedom (with a much smaller guest capacity) is sailing with that exact number. It was announced that guest numbers will be increased with each future sailing.

It feels pretty crowded to me but I know it will soon get worse.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:52 PM, Evilgrin72 said:

I'm booked on a Thanksgiving cruise and a month or so ago, there was a big price drop, so I called looking to bump up a class and was told that there were no balconies available on the sailing.

there are plenty of balconies left on our HOTS Thanksgiving cruise.