Need Some Help Please!

Aruba76

We are cruising on the Edge on October 23, 12 days from now.  A few days ago we noticed a credit on our credit card, and after some investigation, we found that Celebrity had canceled our Cruise Care Insurance.  After speaking with a Celebrity representative, we were told that when we changed our flights, our Cruise Care Protection was mistakenly deleted from our reservation.  Celebrity is taking no responsibility for this, and we were told that we now have to buy the insurance directly from the insurance carrier ourselves because we are so close to the sailing date.  Celebrity will not help us with this.  We are very angry, and disappointed in Celebrity for allowing this to happen.  When we tried to purchase the insurance from the company directly, the cost is significantly more than what we originally paid to Celebrity, and it also excludes a major benefit, trip cancelation.  Has this happened to anyone else?  If so, how did you resolve it?  We are looking for a Celebrity phone number for someone who can actually help us.  

My Celebrity  insurance quote on my February ,2022 was almost twice the cost  compared to my Sept 2021 cruise.. If you really want the insurance so close to your sail date, Do some research online.   I cancelled Celebrity"s policy (2022)  and purchased an annual  policy very inexpensive compared to Celebrity. ..Saved a ton of $$ as I have a few trips planned.  You can add whatever your major  needs are to the policy including Cancellation,   Now I'm covered for any trips out of the country for the next year. 

You should write to CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com which should get you to the higher level Guest Relations.   Explain in a calm logical way what happened and that you are asking for the insurance to be restored without additional expense to you.

You can also go to the Insurance Forum here on CC to read about other options that might be available to you at this time...

Good luck and bon voyage

Edited To Add: Cancellation 'may not' be the most important benefit. Also, when did you change flights and then noticed that the insurance was canceled? In the insurance world, it is not likely that you will be able to get it re-instated at the original price as it (insurance) is related to timing and coverage in the travel world. Also, X's insurance is underwritten by a third party and as such they have limited control over it. Someone needed to advise that when any aspect of your travel plans change your coverage will change at that point.

Edited by Bo1953

If you have more than one trip look at getting an annual policy or one time trip policy. I agree cancellation is the least of the problems it is the health issues that can become costly. There are annual and one time trip policies out there that don’t require waiting period and don’t punish for pre-existing conditions. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for all your good suggestions.  I am happy to say that, after a very long time on the phone with Celebrity, being transferred from one department to another, our insurance was added back onto our Booking Confirmation, for the same price we had paid.  Before our next cruise in June, we are going to look into getting annual insurance.

• Like 7