Stateroom Recategorization for 2023+ bookings...

Jeremiah1212

Anyone find anything interesting? The 2023 deck plans are posted but I don't see anything noticeably different. 

Taking a page from the RCCL playbook, designations like Prime, Deluxe, Sunset, etc. will be added to certain cabin categories. 

Aqua Class Sky Suites (as introduced on Beyond) are bookable on Eclipse and Solstice on deck 12. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Anyone find anything interesting? The 2023 deck plans are posted but I don't see anything noticeably different. 

Taking a page from the RCCL playbook, designations like Prime, Deluxe, Sunset, etc. will be added to certain cabin categories. 

Aqua Class Sky Suites (as introduced on Beyond) are bookable on Eclipse and Solstice on deck 12. 

See this link for Celebrity's multi-page explanation on stateroom recategorization:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_STATEROOM_RECATEGORIZATION_23-24.pdf

• Thanks 3

Overall it does make more sense. 

I = inside

O = oceanview

V = veranda 

Followed by a D/1/2/3 for Deluxe, Prime, Veranda, or Partial View. Anything Sunset is aft. 

S3's on Edge become Magic Carpet Suites as MS

S1's and S2's will be essentially grouped together as S1

• Thanks 1

Also the Family Veranda cabins on Eclipse and Solstice will be designated as Ultra Deluxe Veranda which likely means that their conversion to Sunset Suites has been pushed off for a while.  I would assume that this is true for Reflection, too.

FV cabins on S class which were converted to Sunset Suites will be renamed Horizon Suites.

image.thumb.png.2c7c860456c4d050ee93a18243189cca.png

Edited by mahdnc

Edge IV cabins are streamlined as well with only E1, E2 and E3. Anything with a 3 (in any category) always indicates an obstructed view. 

S class will have no C3 Concierge Cabins. Only Sunset Concierge, C1 and C2. C3 will remain on Edge class. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Once you read through it, I think it's really pretty straight forward. 

Agree, when we first started cruising with X it was very confusing, particularly verandas with 1 & 2s with a, b, c, and d.  Prime , Deluxe are more understandable .

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Are the new deck plans available?   It will be easier to see what they have done looking at a deck plan.  They have obviously peeled off all the most desirable cabins to separate categories to be able to charge a premium for them.

So far only SolsticeEclipse, and Millennium have deck plans with the new categories on Celebrity's website.

Edited by mahdnc

11 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Give it time.  They will undoubtedly come back

Yes, undoubtedly, indeed.

There are some reversals.  The Millennium FVs were going to be sold as Sunset Suites.  Same for the FVs on Solstice. 

Now they will not become suites and instead are going to be renamed Ultra Deluxe Veranda--with an ultra deluxe price, I am sure.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Anyone remember the aqua suites on reflection that were reclassified? What sails around comes back on the next wave.

I remember them well as they really didn't sell very well.   I used to get them pretty regularly by booking suite GTY's.   In the past they had the advantage of the AQ shower and Blu (before Luminae).   I remember reading in the Beyond rollout some spa access but on the itineraries I looked at they were over 1k more than a S2.

I noticed on the Eclipse deck plan that they seemed to take the S2's which I've heard are the quieter ones at forward part of the deck 12 hallway and made them AS.   I wonder if people will pay the AS price to just get these staterooms?

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Now they will not become suites and instead are going to be renamed Ultra Deluxe Veranda--with an ultra deluxe price, I am sure.

For a VERY brief time long back, the web site actually displayed prices for these as suites.  More than an S1, but also a better cabin.  Would swear they were more than a CS as well ... I recall that really getting my attention.  As FV, always one if our favorites, but no surprise if they run as high as an S1 as UDV.  It's prime real estate.  It was the most $/S.F. you could find, inside and out.

7 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

I don't think they're gone, just not the default choice:

image.png.157978efa294efdeabbfa29825f848bd.png

The drop down boxes for showing the deck plans during different time periods have been on Celebrity's website for at least a couple of years, so I am pretty familiar with them.  Yesterday, I was clicking on the drop down box to do a comparison, but only the post May 20 2023 date was available.