Saint Greg's Panorama - LIVE - October 23-30 2021

Saint Greg

4 minutes ago, mommio said:

I will always avoid AA. I live near IAH. Every flight on AA seems to require a connection in DWF that is always “delayed” (cancelled), no plane, or no crew. 

I skip the baloney and just use United. Even though hubs collects aa points, it’s not worth sitting at dfw for hours 

Funny cause I had kind of the same thing when I flew United earlier this year. There were limited options to Cozumel and every United flight out of DFW had to connect through IAH so I just drove to IAH.

• Like 2

All this airline drama is why we decided to do our next cruise out of Baltimore. . . which is the closest drive port to our home.  It's eleven hours on the road 😞, but flights have become less reliable and convenient and so I keep moving the bar on what distance traveled makes the one option better than the other.  And we really can't say one airline or another guarantees a better experience or more reliability anymore. 

Basically I am at - anything less than 8 hours it's better to drive; 8-12 hours is a toss up; have to be over a 12 hour drive to say the flight is the better option.  Unfortunately the logistics of getting to and from a port are a real drag no matter how we choose to do it. Everyone's details on their recent journeys adds more and more reminders.

• Like 6

We flew almost home on American.  Flight from LA, aircraft had to be downsized due to staff shortages.  28 overbooked seats. Luckily we were not bumped.  Made it to Miami with texts saying connecting flight to Orlando was on time.  Wanted to check gate number and found flight was cancelled.  American sent an email at that same time alerting us of cancelled flight and informing us our new flight would be Tuesday morning, today.  Asked at luggage service desk if our luggage would be distributed off the plane for immediate pick up.  Nope, would take six hours as it was supposed to go to Orlando.  Asked the representative to open an incident report to have our luggage delivered as we were renting a car and driving to Orlando.  Made it home in time but still no word on luggage.  Maybe tomorrow…. Will not be using American again.  Second time we have been stranded by them along with baggage issues.  St. Greg’s exit row on Spirit is sounding worth checking out next time.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Webecruzen said:

We flew almost home on American.  Flight from LA, aircraft had to be downsized due to staff shortages.  28 overbooked seats. Luckily we were not bumped.  Made it to Miami with texts saying connecting flight to Orlando was on time.  Wanted to check gate number and found flight was cancelled.  American sent an email at that same time alerting us of cancelled flight and informing us our new flight would be Tuesday morning, today.  Asked at luggage service desk if our luggage would be distributed off the plane for immediate pick up.  Nope, would take six hours as it was supposed to go to Orlando.  Asked the representative to open an incident report to have our luggage delivered as we were renting a car and driving to Orlando.  Made it home in time but still no word on luggage.  Maybe tomorrow…. Will not be using American again.  Second time we have been stranded by them along with baggage issues.  St. Greg’s exit row on Spirit is sounding worth checking out next time.  

Wow that's horrible. That's the kind of thing that makes me not want connecting flights. You can miss the flight. The luggage can miss the flight. You increase your chances of being killed since most of those happen near takeoff/landing. Now I did purposely book that layover in Vegas last year just so I could get out and see Vegas. But other than that, I don't want to do it. When I flew to Cozumel I just drove to Houston and flew direct instead of connecting through Houston.

Glad you made it home. Hopefully your luggage does as well. If you really want to spurge on Spirit check out their big comfy seats. That would've been an additional $60 each way for me. But they're like first class seats. Big seats in the first two rows of the plane and only two seats per row.

I don't think it has quite the leg room I had in the exit row...but it does look comfy.

spirit-big-front-seat.jpg?resize=854,641

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Wow that's horrible. That's the kind of thing that makes me not want connecting flights. You can miss the flight. The luggage can miss the flight. You increase your chances of being killed since most of those happen near takeoff/landing. Now I did purposely book that layover in Vegas last year just so I could get out and see Vegas. But other than that, I don't want to do it. When I flew to Cozumel I just drove to Houston and flew direct instead of connecting through Houston.

Glad you made it home. Hopefully your luggage does as well. If you really want to spurge on Spirit check out their big comfy seats. That would've been an additional $60 each way for me. But they're like first class seats. Big seats in the first two rows of the plane and only two seats per row.

I don't think it has quite the leg room I had in the exit row...but it does look comfy.

If I remember correctly AA changed their direct return flight into a connecting flight at the last minute and then screwed them in the end. ☹ We got home yesterday morning after taking a United red eye with no issues. Lucky, since we read that there was a blackout at LAX right after we left. 🙏😖

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 4

On 10/24/2021 at 10:23 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m so excited to see Jameis throw interceptions tomorrow night. 😉 We really miss him… guess we will just have to see how this Tom guy works out. 😝

Ouch. That didn't age well...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Well at least we don’t have to play against his crab leg stealing butt again this year. 

Dirty play by Devin White, who by the way was a statutory rapist in high school, causes a season ending injury and that is the attitude? Nice.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Dirty play by Devin White, who by the way was a statutory rapist in high school, causes a season ending injury and that is the attitude? Nice.

I only saw the replay once but it was not a horse collar. Not really a pro football fan (love college) so don't have a horse in the race. What was dirty about bringing him down by the shoulder pad? 

Also, what did you say you put your vaccination card in and where did you get it?

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canes20 said:

I only saw the replay once but it was not a horse collar. Not really a pro football fan (love college) so don't have a horse in the race. What was dirty about bringing him down by the shoulder pad? 

Also, what did you say you put your vaccination card in and where did you get it?

Thanks.

It was a horse collar. The reason it’s illegal is to prevent injuries like that.

Thanks.

My post was mostly about how surprising it is to see someone openly express joy about a player having a season ending injury. That’s something I never see outside of possibly a Philadelphia Eagles fan forum.

But we can get into NFL rules if we need to.

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.”

He’s grabbing him at the name plate and pulling him down to the ground. This is exactly why the rule was created.

8E4622D6-785B-4F5B-BBF5-5FCE8BD6FA03.thumb.jpeg.0ae014d81cceb4d5c5c3b2df18f68b6b.jpeg

Thanks.

This is what I got but Amazon has a ton of different styles 

Vaccine Card Protector PU Leather... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095X7FCPQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

This is what I got but Amazon has a ton of different styles 

Vaccine Card Protector PU Leather... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095X7FCPQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thanks for the link. 

I really did not see much about the tackle and did not know about the shoulder pad part of horse collar. Liked Winston at Florida state. Hate to see him out. 

• Like 1

Had three pieces of luggage delivered at 12:45 this morning.  One was not ours. Turns out it was supposed to be on an international flight.  Hope they didn’t receive our suitcase full of dirty laundry.  Wrong luggage picked up and one more delivered.  I guess our dirty clothes are traveling the world.  American Airlines still have no idea where it is.   May have to think about driving to Baltimore for our next out of state cruise in August.  I

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webecruzen said:

Had three pieces of luggage delivered at 12:45 this morning.  One was not ours. Turns out it was supposed to be on an international flight.  Hope they didn’t receive our suitcase full of dirty laundry.  Wrong luggage picked up and one more delivered.  I guess our dirty clothes are traveling the world.  American Airlines still have no idea where it is.   May have to think about driving to Baltimore for our next out of state cruise in August.  I

wow!

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 10:48 AM, Saint Greg said:

I'm a fan of Spirit's Big Front Seat. The new airline economy has me conditioned to accept a la carte pricing and back in the olden days of air travel, seats like this on the mainstream airlines cost something like 2-3x the price of coach which was ridiculous - the only times I flew first class back in those days was when I was with an airline employee on their passes.  So the extra fee seems reasonable. I flew from O'Hare to DFW a few years ago and opted for this and absolutely loved it.

• Like 1

Greg, I can’t wait to follow this review, as I’m following along in your adventures. I saw that you were in the steakhouse on the first night and wanted to see the Art at the Table. I will try to upload my video of when we did it on the Glory in February 2020, just before the shutdown.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 4:03 PM, canes20 said:

Thanks.

Not that 25k will hurt a millionaire...

Devin White fined for tackle that injured Jameis Winston

Buccaneers linebacker Devin White was penalized for a horse collar tackle on the play that ended Saints quarterback Jameis Winston‘s season last Sunday and he heard from the league about the play as well.

White was also penalized for roughing Saints backup quarterback Trevor Siemian and for taunting at the end of a run by Saints running back Mark Ingram.

The total bill was $15,450 for unnecessary roughness and $10,300 for unsportsmanlike conduct.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/06/devin-white-fined-for-tackle-that-injured-jameis-winston/#comments