Minibar costs with drink package?

phdiva

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Mini bars are only in your cabin if your loyalty status is "elite", and in that case, it's a perk for being elite.

OR if you are booked in a full suite. Mini Suites don't count. If you are Elite and also booked in a full suite then you get two mini bar setups.

I think sometimes folks confuse the mini bar with the drinks that used to be in the refrigerator when you got to the cabin. Those drinks were not included and some folks ended up paying for drinks they thought were included. I "think" Princess quit doing that as we haven't had anything in the refrigerator the last few cruises we took.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, phdiva said:

Do drinks in the minibar cost if we have the drink package?

As mentioned if you already have the mini bar set up due to your loyalty status or being in a full suite that initial set up is no charge. If you do not have the set up and order the small 50ml bottles of spirits, you will be charged. If you call room service and order other items or order through the ocean now program you will be charged according to the terms and conditions shown below. Note that you can only order one item at a time using the beverage package. If you order two at the same time the 2nd is charged. If you do not qualify for the free mini bar set up there may or may not be any mini bar items in your fridge. If your fridge was pre-stocked and if you use any of these items you will be charged.

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/disclaimer/

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

I think sometimes folks confuse the mini bar with the drinks that used to be in the refrigerator when you got to the cabin. Those drinks were not included and some folks ended up paying for drinks they thought were included. I "think" Princess quit doing that as we haven't had anything in the refrigerator the last few cruises we took.

That’s what I was thinking about. It’s been a while since we cruised with Princess. Thanks. 

• 2 years later...
On 10/16/2021 at 8:34 AM, skynight said:

As mentioned if you already have the mini bar set up due to your loyalty status or being in a full suite that initial set up is no charge. If you do not have the set up and order the small 50ml bottles of spirits, you will be charged. If you call room service and order other items or order through the ocean now program you will be charged according to the terms and conditions shown below. Note that you can only order one item at a time using the beverage package. If you order two at the same time the 2nd is charged. If you do not qualify for the free mini bar set up there may or may not be any mini bar items in your fridge. If your fridge was pre-stocked and if you use any of these items you will be charged.

If you’re in a suite and get a minibar set up, how do you order what you want, and how good is the selection? Also, does it come with mixers? If not, what do you do?

8 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

If you’re in a suite and get a minibar set up, how do you order what you want, and how good is the selection? Also, does it come with mixers? If not, what do you do?

It will come with an assortment of alcohol and non alcoholic drinks you can change things out alcohol for alcohol and soda/water for like. They will not be high end brands

49 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Call room service to change your selections. Selections may vary according to the ship supplies.

51 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

You'll have 8 alcohol minis, 2 beers, 2 Perrier, 2 still waters and 6 mix of soda/mixers. For a total of 20 items.

You can trade all for water, all for soda, all for a bottle of wine, or like for like, ie swap all the booze for one type of minis or all beer, and all the non-alcoholic for all water or all soda or all ginger ale, etc.  

Room Service or your room steward to change.

Generally, the minis are 2 vodka, 2 gin, 2 or 4 scotch . No rum available on minis. (50ml, airline size.).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

You'll have 8 alcohol minis, 2 beers, 2 Perrier, 2 still waters and 6 mix of soda/mixers. For a total of 20 items.

You can trade all for water, all for soda, all for a bottle of wine, or like for like, ie swap all the booze for one type of minis or all beer, and all the non-alcoholic for all water or all soda or all ginger ale, etc.  

Room Service or your room steward to change.

Generally, the minis are 2 vodka, 2 gin, 2 or 4 scotch . No rum available on minis. (50ml, airline size.).

Thanks. So, we’ll be good with two vodkas for my wife with tonic, and trade everything else for six Jack Daniels and Diet Cokes for me.😉

4 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Thanks. So, we’ll be good with two vodkas for my wife with tonic, and trade everything else for six Jack Daniels and Diet Cokes for me.😉

I don't think Jack is one of the options. Dewar's for scotch usually. And Courvoisier sometimes.  Absolut vodka, sometimes Sky.

4 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

I don't think Jack is one of the options. Dewar's for scotch usually. And Courvoisier sometimes.  Absolut vodka, sometimes Sky.

Unless they have rum or a half-decent whiskey, my wife is going to win the minibar swap out sweepstakes.  Do not care at all for gin or scotch.

1 hour ago, Mark_K said:

Never have seen Jack Daniels. On my many cruises I've seen Sky Vodka, Gordon's Gin, Dewar's Scotch, Courvoisier Brandy. Beer is normally Dos Equis. Non alcoholic includes 2 plain waters, 2 Perrier, 2 Diet Coke, 2 Regular Coke, 2 tonics. 

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Never have seen Jack Daniels. On my many cruises I've seen Sky Vodka, Gordon's Gin, Dewar's Scotch, Courvoisier Brandy. Beer is normally Dos Equis. Non alcoholic includes 2 plain waters, 2 Perrier, 2 Diet Coke, 2 Regular Coke, 2 tonics. 

Unfortunately, Princess has gone downhill in this area. When we first started, they had Courvoisier VSOP. Now they only have Courvoisier VS. A definite step down.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 7:34 AM, skynight said:

If you do not qualify for the free mini bar set up there may or may not be any mini bar items in your fridge. If your fridge was pre-stocked and if you use any of these items you will be charged.

It's been YEARS since there was anything in the fridge!

It is funny that when in the Caribbean where gallons of rum is made that no small bottles of any kind of rum is available  for the mini bars. Strange.