72 hour sale

Ombud

I was alerted to this by another cruise critic member ( @HQE910) so I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. Main thing (for me) is the ramped up OBC (up to 400) & lower deposits ESPECIALLY since I'm booking under Best Price not Best Value. It's not on all cruises but it is on 2 of my 4 future ones. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

THE 3 Day Sale is not a Princess promo and it normally occurs over a weekend I thought.

😕  Asking Moderator to change title to 72 hour sale

Edited by Ombud

Earlier today  I noticed that sale for the cruise that I have already booked using FCD.

image.png.de9e9c4feb4f7e5fb11c5f861aa54ff5.png

I wonder if I could get the extra OBC from a PVP or if I would need to refare and pay the normal deposit as the FCD I used is now more than 2 years old?

8 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Earlier today  I noticed that sale for the cruise that I have already booked using FCD.

image.png.de9e9c4feb4f7e5fb11c5f861aa54ff5.png

I wonder if I could get the extra OBC from a PVP or if I would need to refare and pay the normal deposit as the FCD I used is now more than 2 years old?

If Princess has a new fare code for this promo, your res needs to reflect that.  In order to get the new OBC, your fare has to change to current amt. 

ETA:  If you are re-booking, ask TA to ask Princess to extend the original FCD so when orig booking is cancelled, the FCD can be re-used on the new booking.  A re-fare under same booking code doesn't need a new FCD.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If Princess has a new fare code for this promo, your res needs to reflect that.  In order to get the new OBC, your fare has to change to current amt. 

ETA:  If you are re-booking, ask TA to ask Princess to extend the original FCD so when orig booking is cancelled, the FCD can be re-used on the new booking.  A re-fare under same booking code doesn't need a new FCD.

It looks like the fare is $1 per person more...

• Host Kat changed the title to 72 hour sale

My PVP added OBC to 2 of my existing cruises. My fare did not change, kept booking #, managed to keep my other 100 OBC (BW room), and specialty dining. This was new for me. In situations like this before it would require a rebooking not just adding perks

My other cruises did not qualify. 1 -> within 56 days. 1 -> 45% more than I paid last May

ADDED::

This is just conjecture.  Could it be that if the cruise can be canceled without penalty they just add OBC rather than cancel, rebook, transfer everything (FCC, money pd, wifi purchase, shareholders, previous perks) over which is more work?

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

ADDED::

This is just conjecture.  Could it be that if the cruise can be canceled without penalty they just add OBC rather than cancel, rebook, transfer everything (FCC, money pd, wifi purchase, shareholders, previous perks) over which is more work?

Could be.  Makes sense if they are logical about it.

8 hours ago, dog said:

I just got a promotion in the mail today. First by snail mail this year that I’ve received it isn’t this one but fares looked good for 2022 cruises from US 

Same here a couple of days ago.  Have not checked if savings are much.  The 35% is based on original prices and not what they were just before this promo came into effect.  It's another one of those targeted promos (U9*).

2 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

In conjunction with this "sale", Princess lowered a lot of the near term cruises by a significant amount, which isn't surprising due to lack of demand.  However, I don't see any value in the "Best Value" option.  It is so much more expensive than the "Saver" price.

image.thumb.png.b626e22420194d063178cb1ac7a81f58.png

Is that for a 10 night cruise for two?  If not, it isn't a deal ... if it is, $40 a day pp for the perks is a fabulous deal, IMO.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I'm not sure exactly how you're thinking about it but it's a 5 night cruise for one so maybe we're on the same page?

No, they clearly had the price listed for the Princess Plus for 2 for a 10 night cruise as it was nearly $800 more for adding that feature.  I did notice that there is a discrepancy in the pricing for the Princess Plus pricing if you book solo.  It should be $40 a day pp. so $400 pp for a ten day cruise.  

There is definitely something wrong in their IT dept for solo cruisers that want their Princess Plus.  A good TA or PVP should be able to solve that for you.  

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 4:16 PM, Ombud said:

I was alerted to this by another cruise critic member ( @HQE910) so I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. Main thing (for me) is the ramped up OBC (up to 400) & lower deposits ESPECIALLY since I'm booking under Best Price not Best Value. It's not on all cruises but it is on 2 of my 4 future ones. 

Thank you for the heads up on this!  It didn't help me as I would need to rebook at a higher price for my stateroom, but dear SIL doubled her OBC by rebooking her stateroom.

Thanks again.  This is where being on CC pays off...👍

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

No, they clearly had the price listed for the Princess Plus for 2 for a 10 night cruise as it was nearly $800 more for adding that feature.  I did notice that there is a discrepancy in the pricing for the Princess Plus pricing if you book solo.  It should be $40 a day pp. so $400 pp for a ten day cruise.  

There is definitely something wrong in their IT dept for solo cruisers that want their Princess Plus.  A good TA or PVP should be able to solve that for you.  

If you are talking about the image posted from Princess.com with the fare quote above, that is not pricing for two people.  It is pricing for a single person which is double the base fare.

Singles generally pay double the base fare, single for port taxes, and single for PLUS.  Princess only charges $40/day for a single if buying PLUS (normal pricing).

As has been posted here over recent weeks, sometimes Princess is dropping the SAVER fares for Drop & Go purposes, but not really dropping the PLUS fare much, or at all.  In such situations, the cost for PLUS balloons up relative to the reduced SAVER fare, and then often makes it no value for folks who used to see value in $40/day.

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Yes, I get enough OBC to negate the value of Princess Plus thanks to my PVP (I'm positive a TA could do it too)

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Yes, I get enough OBC to negate the value of Princess Plus thanks to my PVP (I'm positive a TA could do it too)

Yes, my PVP always solves these issues.  Clearly, when they charge $800 extra for a 5 night sailing, it really isn't such a deal, especially is it is for a solo passenger.  

• Like 1

@OmbudThanks for the heads up!  I was able to rebook and get an additional $100.00 in onboard credit.  I did have to pay an extra $100.00 deposit, since I had booked under a reduced deposit Labor Day sale.  But the price was the same, and I would have had to pay that $100.00 eventually anyway.  Thanks again!

• Like 1