Long pants and sandals for men , is it appropriate?

Andrewsmith48

I disagree......what is wrong with sandals on  a guy with both linen and jeans?  I guess this goes back to my old saying "Different strokes for different folks".  I find it totally acceptable.

• Like 8

On our cruise last week in the Caribbean the only males turned away at the dining room were those in sleeveless shirts. I did see some long pants & sandals on men, but most had closed toe shoes. Also saw dress shorts with collared shirts

Years ago DH got a pair of leather fisherman sandals. They are a closed toe like sandal which DH felt very comfortable wearing on our cruises in the dining room and all over the ship in the evenings. I always felt DH as a man had a rougher go of it on our cruises because of the whole socks and shoes usually worn with pants to meet dress codes. Especially since he is so hot blooded and here I, as a woman, could have sandals and more warm weather  appropriate clothing.

• Like 1

I can picture sandals on a man who is also wearing long linen trousers, a chic short-sleeve shirt, and walking around a French resort.  Otherwise....not so sure.

I would hope his feet are clean and groomed.  Not a pedicure, but no dirty nails, rashes, or other offenders.  I've seen a few too many of those.

I'm not too fond of the look but it is what my husband wears most nights.  Or tennis shoes.  Not because he doesn't care, but because of foot problems and the inability, after many tries, to find dress shoes that he can wear without pain.

He has quite a few pairs of supposedly 'comfort' dress shoes sitting in his closet!

• 2 months later...