QR codes for vaccine proof

zitsky

And getting a QR functional is still a battle anyway for many Californians ( I got mine after initial rejection, and redoing it,  but DH is still struggling 4 months after starting the process and going back and forth with website and bureaucrat phone call confusion -- and he's the ultratechie, not me, so it is not a UE issue).  We applied for a QR in an identical manner at the same time ( vaxxed in a rural vax center unaffiliated with any big health complex like Kaiser), but got different results.

My upcoming cruise e-paperwork says they want the original vax record, not a "copy" ( presumably not an iphone picture), and I like that, because then I don't have to worry the QR code will not scan. But if someone only has a QR, like Canadians??

26 minutes ago, Froufie said:

Here in Canada (Ontario)  we don't have a 'card', just the QR code/document to show them!

You still have the original from the ON Govt., they will accept that. 

Edited by If only
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

The information on acceptable proof of vaccination is on the Celebrity website.

I have looked at the website.  I don’t see something about QR codes one way or the other.  I appreciate the responses.

30 minutes ago, If only said:

You still have the original from the ON Govt., they will accept that. 

I have the document provided by the Ontario Ministry of Health - says I got 2 vaccines - but only shows date of SECOND vaccine (not the first) so don't believe that is good enough?

Before the QR code you could download 'vaccine receipts' but I see that is no longer available so all we have is the QR code document (I will bring that long with the original OMH document mentioned above)....

Edited by Froufie

This post contains a Celebrity's latest missive on proof of vaccination.

Vaccination Policy:
Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination. All guests 12 and older should bring proof of vaccination with the last dose given at least 14 days before the sailing. The CDC will also consider a guest fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination that can include a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines, with a minimum of 28 days between doses: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinovac, or Sinopharm.

2 minutes ago, Froufie said:

I have the document provided by the Ontario Ministry of Health - says I got 2 vaccines - but only shows date of SECOND vaccine (not the first) so don't believe that is good enough?

The second is actually the one of interest to X.  Min 14 days prior to sail date.

48 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Cards or proof of vaccination in electronic form. 

They don’t have capability of scanning a QR.   In California they have a QR Code to verify but also shows Vax date, Lot number etc. 

Luckily our new QR code documents (Ontario, Canada) also include date/types of vaccine/lot number so no scanner required!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Cards or proof of vaccination in electronic form. 

They don’t have capability of scanning a QR.   In California they have a QR Code to verify but also shows Vax date, Lot number etc. 

Well, Celebrity had better discover the capability of scanning a QR Code, as that is what our Provincial Government has issued to us Ontarians for purposes of 'International Travel'!  And a sheet of paper with the QR Code on it is what I have!

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

The second is actually the one of interest to X.  Min 14 days prior to sail date.

I know - which is why the QR code document is more relevant - lists dates of both vaccines/types/lot numbers (no need to scan) but better information for cruiseline than the original OMH document! (I would bring both I guess?)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Froufie said:

Before the QR code you could download 'vaccine receipts' but I see that is no longer available so all we have is the QR code document (I will bring that long with the original OMH document mentioned above)....

1 minute ago, GeriatricNurse said:

Well, Celebrity had better discover the capability of scanning a QR Code, as that is what our Provincial Government has issued to us Ontarians for purposes of 'International Travel'!  And a sheet of paper with the QR Code on it is what I have!

Celebrity has said since the beginning that they want the "original" proof of vaccination. Did you not download a copy of your receipt after each shot? I think that the most recent version with the QR code is the most informative, even without scanning the QR code, but will Celebrity accept it?

• Like 1

I think people have to realize that just because they have a QR code these can't be scanned with a random camera. The California one for example requires a specific app, if you just scan it with your phone then it returns no result (Invalid QR code). How could Celebrity or any other company prepare for that?

The issue is more that some local authorities think it's ok to only issue a local solution that can't be universally verified. The European Covid Pass has both a QR code but also lists all relevant information in writing + details about the patient. At the same time the paper CDC card in many cases issued without a stamp or signature is a joke as well for international use.

Edited by Fly and Sail
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Froufie said:

Luckily our new QR code documents (Ontario, Canada) also include date/types of vaccine/lot number so no scanner required!

I have the same on mine plus will bring hard copies of both vaccinations 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Celebrity has said since the beginning that they want the "original" proof of vaccination. Did you not download a copy of your receipt after each shot? I think that the most recent version with the QR code is the most informative, even without scanning the QR code, but will Celebrity accept it?

Nope never had the need for the vaccination receipts - and they are now unavailable having been replaced by the QR code document.  

Didn't even know about the receipts for a long time, given our ORIGINAL proof of vaccination was the OMH document that was emailed to us after our 2nd vaccine.  No mention of having to have a receipt or even getting a receipt?  This was our original proof... but while it does not have the vaccine specifics and date on it, the QR code document does! 🙂

Edited by Froufie

19 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

I suggest you do more checking, because this is incorrect. The current Ontario certificate contains all of the data necessary for international travel. Name , DOB,  date, type and lot number of both vaccinations, AND a QR Code.  However the QR Code requires a specific app in order to be read and was primarily intended for use within the province. Highly doubtful that other countries,  or entities within those countries would have that app. However the certificate itself, whether digital or printed is sufficient proof of vaccination. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

I am thinking Celebrity will tell you that the onus is on you to provide the proof that meets THEIR requirements.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

Froufie,

If you go here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-covid-19-proof-vaccination.html

You should be able to resolve your issue by printing.

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 15.26.50.png

Thanks - that is exactly what we have - but others are saying you need the 'original' dowloaded receipts (from months ago) which, as mentioned, are no longer available, having been replaced by this "QR document - I agree that this has all the required information - the scanning is irrelevant to anyone outside of Ontario, but the proof of being fully vaccinated is still evident!

1 hour ago, mom says said:

I suggest you do more checking, because this is incorrect. The current Ontario certificate contains all of the data necessary for international travel. Name , DOB,  date, type and lot number of both vaccinations, AND a QR Code.  However the QR Code requires a specific app in order to be read and was primarily intended for use within the province. Highly doubtful that other countries,  or entities within those countries would have that app. However the certificate itself, whether digital or printed is sufficient proof of vaccination. 

No, we were informed that the QR Code was for International Travel, (and NOT primarily intended for use within the Province)!