Trouble Posting Review

I'm hoping someone out there can help me.  I'm having trouble posting reviews since the updates on CC.  I'm writing my review in Word.  When I copy and paste into this section, the spacing is all off and I can't fix it.  It looks terrible and I don't want it posted that way.  Also, neither Photobucket or Shutterfly will let me insert photos anymore they way I used to do it.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  I'm more concerned with the way the text looks when I pasted it.

Thanks for any help you can give.

9 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

This is a question best asked in the General forums areas, since it has nothing to do with Carnival.

I looked and couldn't find any board that sounded appropriate.  I was hoping to find a computer expert who might be able to help.  Sorry that I inconvienced you.  So much for my Mardi Gras review!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/859-need-help-using-the-forums-check-here/

That's where I would ask.  This Carnival forum, though popular, may not have the same level of tech-savvy folks as you might find there. 

6 minutes ago, Terre said:

Sorry that I inconvienced you.

It isn't inconveniencing me, it is the forum rules - post only Carnival-related question here, otherwise your post will get moved or deleted.  This thread will therefore likely move shortly.

EDIT: and the other reason for posting your question there is that in the future, other people that cruise other lines might see your question and the possible solution, whereas they will never find it if it is posted here.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

I have been having a problem since all the CC upgrades/updates, etc., posting my reviews.  I write in Word, then copy and past into the board.  They used to be perfect, but now the spacing is all off and my pictures are not posting at the appropriate size.

What am I doing wrong?

2 hours ago, Terre said:

I have been having a problem since all the CC upgrades/updates, etc., posting my reviews.  I write in Word, then copy and past into the board.  They used to be perfect, but now the spacing is all off and my pictures are not posting at the appropriate size.

What am I doing wrong?

Howdy @Terre emo22.gif

Please note at this time there are numerous existing threads here concerning various ongoing software issues. 

Website Trouble ???

Like button doesn't work

Can't post to CC web site the last two days--replies or quotes/replies--what's up

iPad problems anyone?
Inability to react to posts and more

not staying logged in

Is Cruise Critic Down!

CC Help Jenn, the IT team as well as the software developer are all working on the various software problems as best they can. Please have patience. See her post # 439 for her last update.

Thanking you in advance for your patience,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited to add:

Thank you @Host Carolyn for moving the @Terre thread to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum where it will be on topic. I have merged the other thread also posted here by the OP so now there is only one thread.

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.

24 minutes ago, Terre said:

What am I doing wrong?

The web site generally uses the default font when text is pasted. Bullets and numbered paragraphs are formatted differently and background colors are not carried over. Font colors, underline, italic, and bold may be retained, although I am not sure if all colors are supported. Tables will carry over. Instead of using multiple tabs, a table is more likely to retain the desired appearance. Remember, the web pages get displayed on a number of different devices with very different capabilities.

Once a picture is pasted you can tap / click it and adjust its display size.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terre said:

I looked and couldn't find any board that sounded appropriate.  I was hoping to find a computer expert who might be able to help.  Sorry that I inconvienced you.  So much for my Mardi Gras review!

Try saving your Word doc as Plain Text then cut and paste. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1