Take own masks or hope that MSC provides?

PRH

I am planning to take masks and handwash them.  But surprised no one has mentioned what they did and/or what they found on-board.  Did you take yours?  Did MSC provide masks?  Disposable or washable?  Thanks 

6 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

50 count packs of masks on Amazon are under $5.  I'd just take a box onboard.

This is exactly what we did. Even though we're really good about wearing them, you'd be surprised how easy it is to walk out of your stateroom without one. Happened to us all the time. Seeing our butler or steward in the hallway wearing one would trigger us and we'd run back.

4 hours ago, Joebiden said:

I only use single use masks once just as they were intended. They will give me a new one each time right? 

Since you, as a guest, are required to wear masks in public areas and have agreed to that as part of a condition of travel I am questioning why you would expect "they" to give you a new one each time?  You can't leave your stateroom without a mask on - is the steward to stand there in the hallway to give you a mask?  Way easier to take self responsibility and bring a pack.  

*Unless you are in YC, in which case I guess you could be "that guest" and have your butler meet you at your door each time you exit 🙂

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Since you, as a guest, are required to wear masks in public areas and have agreed to that as part of a condition of travel I am questioning why you would expect "they" to give you a new one each time?  You can't leave your stateroom without a mask on - is the steward to stand there in the hallway to give you a mask?  Way easier to take self responsibility and bring a pack.  

*Unless you are in YC, in which case I guess you could be "that guest" and have your butler meet you at your door each time you exit 🙂

well you can actually leave your room without a mask many guests do forget. They do have Health Safety Officers that monitor the areas around the elevators to monitor if guest are wearing theirs masks and to give them one if they forgot. And they are supposedly leaving new masks in your cabins as you need them. I had my own so I never asked for any from my room steward. 

Just returned from the Meraviglia today. We took our own masks and washed them when needed. We also took one pack of disposable masks.  Masks were available when entering any venues, and signs posted around the ship say passengers must wear them when moving about the ship. As in most places, masks should only be removed when eating and drinking. 

i have to say MSC did an amazing job of keeping us all Covid-safe.  Many said they felt safer there than when they’re home and in public. 

• Like 2

Even though I brought my own masks - I would not have needed to do so- in YC I got one- sometimes -two mask per day in an envelope- but that was YC. I have no idea if the provide them in the other parts of the ship.

Stupid masks? They protect others and if worn by all- yourself- use your brain before writing such drivel.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Joebiden said:

It is an older reference, but note it has requirements for use of masks on 'public transports', at least indoors; and cruise ships are considered public transports.

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 3

We received a couple of very nice, comfortable, re-usable ones (along with bottles of hand sanitizer) on NCL in September.  Don’t know if it was because we were in a Club cabin:

34DD08F8-2B59-479D-9D17-9F1AC7DF972B.thumb.jpeg.bcb90c0b3fc09339d0097699e5274636.jpeg

MSC had nothing like them onboard, just the disposable ones.  We wore these on Seashore. 😁

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 9:35 AM, tallnthensome said:

Why would anyone think that MSC was going to give you multiple masks multiple timess instead of bringing a pack yourself? 

Well, they did on Seashore.  There were 2 disposable masks provided in the cabin at embarkation and you could pick them up at GS anytime.  Others have reported that they were also available in bars.  I’m sure our cabin steward would have provided us with daily supplies had I asked, but we had brought several reusable ones with us. 

• Like 1

We went on our first post-covid cruise a few weeks ago and found a suggestion that worked for us: get a couple of hooks w/a magnet base and use them on the door itself or a wall next to the door and just hang your mask there when you take it off. That way you'll see it as you leave the room and help jog your memory to take it. 

With my memory being as bad as it is, I need to use every little trick I can! 😄

Edited by karmamule
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

The excursions on our next cruise indicate some for vaccinated and others for not fully vaccinated:

0614CB80-8201-4A13-932A-50CC1FC92063.thumb.jpeg.065f8b6886e0499c651a3e89894edf65.jpeg

On our Divina 11/14th cruise it is the same even though all 12 and older have to be vaccinated to cruise. I’m assuming it’s to accommodate families with children under 12 who are not vaccinated.

53 minutes ago, Joebiden said:

Correct it just goes to show you that the CDC is wrong quite often 

Actually it just goes to show that during a pandemic things change especially when new variants become present. 

If you don’t want to wear a mask, don’t wear one. You don’t have to go on a cruise, it’s a choice. 
I choose to cruise and to be an adult concerning their face mask policy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1