NextCruise still around?

JuliaMS

Can someone sum this up for me?  I'm a bit confused about deposits and credits.  I'm never used this program before, but I have used NCL's and that is pretty simple.

If I book a cruise onboard, then I get the deposit charged to my room and an OBC for my current cruise or on the new cruise I'm booking?

There is really nothing worth while about booking a cruise on the ship.

Some are going to boast about receiving some OBC,  but in the end there is no significant value you can get anywhere else.

Most are caught up in the "moment" of being on a cruise and taking the plunge of booking another because they are having a good time.

You will find better deal through a TA that have group bookings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

Maybe not for you, but we always do B2B cruises in suites, and being able to get the same suite on the deck and in the location we prefer for both legs along with booking as soon after the new itineraries are released provides us with both economic value and personal enjoyment value. We really don’t care about OBC because it barely covers gratuities, and we would never do a group booking through a TA for reasons that should be obvious even to you.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 10:00 AM, matj2000 said:

Some are going to boast about receiving some OBC,  but in the end there is no significant value you can get anywhere else.

Most are caught up in the "moment" of being on a cruise and taking the plunge of booking another because they are having a good time.

You will find better deal through a TA that have group bookings.

I have always been able to transfer my reservation I made on board a cruise ship to my TA and reep the benefits that the line offers on board and then combine it with the benefits my TA gives me their OBC (not the cruise lines) / a free specialty dining, what ever...  Does Royal not offer that? 

This was my experience with other lines. Never used NextCruise.

We always book our week cruises while on a cruise.  Nice to get the $100 OBC.  Deposit is less, but I don't really care about that, but for those that want to know, it will be $200 for 2 people vs $500.  Short cruises I book from home as you get nothing for booking it on the ship

18 minutes ago, binro01 said:

I have always been able to transfer my reservation I made on board a cruise ship to my TA and reep the benefits that the line offers on board and then combine it with the benefits my TA gives me their OBC (not the cruise lines) / a free specialty dining, what ever...  Does Royal not offer that? 

This was my experience with other lines. Never used NextCruise.

Royal doers this as well. I believe you have 60 days from booking to make the switch.

The low deposit was a deal breaker for me when I used Next Cruise  recently. I was booking a 12-night cruise so the normal deposit would have been $450 each versus the  $100 at NC. And the $200 OBC was a nice perk too.

Also, the agent told me that because of booking with NC my TA would get an immediate bonus of $200, which he said was something Royal were doing to help TAs out during the pandemic. 

• Like 1

Just now, FionaMG said:

Also, the agent told me that because of booking with NC my TA would get an immediate bonus of $200, which he said was something Royal were doing to help TAs out during the pandemic. 

Thats nice! You should now transfer that booking to your TA, and make sure they give you some nice additional perks 😛

1 hour ago, binro01 said:

Thats nice! You should now transfer that booking to your TA, and make sure they give you some nice additional perks 😛

I thought so too. It's been really tough for TAs with so much work to do handling all the Covid switches and cancellations and practically no money coming in.

I didn't have to transfer the booking. They automatically assigned it to the same TA I had used for the cruise I was on when I made the booking and since I was happy with her service I told them that was fine.

39 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I thought so too. It's been really tough for TAs with so much work to do handling all the Covid switches and cancellations and practically no money coming in.

I didn't have to transfer the booking. They automatically assigned it to the same TA I had used for the cruise I was on when I made the booking and since I was happy with her service I told them that was fine.

Did the TA, give you any additional OBC for the new booking you made with RoyalUp that they got credit for?

Edited by binro01

13 hours ago, binro01 said:

Did the TA, give you any additional OBC for the new booking you made with RoyalUp that they got credit for?

No, but I wasn't looking for that anyway. We always book cheap rooms that don't pay much commission so if she were to be giving us extra OBC that would cut down her income even more.

For us, the big deal is knowing that she is very responsive and has our back if we need it, which is very important since we're in Europe. Anything I need, a quick email is all it takes and it's sorted.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

No, but I wasn't looking for that anyway. We always book cheap rooms that don't pay much commission so if she were to be giving us extra OBC that would cut down her income even more.

For us, the big deal is knowing that she is very responsive and has our back if we need it, which is very important since we're in Europe. Anything I need, a quick email is all it takes and it's sorted.

That’s so awesome! This goes to show folks that a good TA is more valuable than just some extra OBC and/or a dinner at A specialty restaurant.

I too book low to midrange cabins. But we do splurge here and there if just the wife and I are traveling and not the whole clan and I find a deal on a suite.

Edited by binro01
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 11:49 AM, dad son team said:

Can someone sum this up for me?  I'm a bit confused about deposits and credits.  I'm never used this program before, but I have used NCL's and that is pretty simple.

If I book a cruise onboard, then I get the deposit charged to my room and an OBC for my current cruise or on the new cruise I'm booking?

The deposit has to be charged to a charge or debit card you have in hand, it can't be charged to your cabin. I don't remember if you can use the OBC on your current cruise, we are always happy to push it forward.