50% off 2nd Passenger Offer

mahdnc

17 minutes ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Has anyone used their price drop form instead of waiting on hold?

I looked at the form, but I decided not to use it.  It has you calculate the new price.  I much prefer that they figure out that price and reduction, if any, so that I need not be concerned with having it rejected on that issue.  For the same reason, it's no good on a sailing where your category is sold out.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:31 PM, Snoopkat said:

Just did a dummy booking on a sailing I've already booked on and I think I would be saving $500 (minus the change fee).  Now waiting for my TA to confirm. Question for those more knowledgeable - my booking isn't till Feb 2023, should I take this offer and reprice now or wait to see if something better comes along given the cruise is still more than 12 months away?

TA made the change for me and all it took were 2 email requests and saved $500. Lost the $50 OBC from the original booking and the complimentary transfer (which I didn't even know I had).  Thanks OP for the thread!

On 11/2/2021 at 4:59 PM, KAE27 said:

Wow, I sort of ignored this promo until reading this thread.  Then decided to check the Panama Canal March 2023 cruise I booked while on board last week.  It resulted in a saving of $4000 each on two Celebrity Suites.  😲  Thanks so much to the OP and the other helpful folks here.

We are on the same cruise we booked last Dec. and I was not paying attention to the emails till this morning! I texted my TA and said he would take care of it.We will save around $2700 on our sky suite !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdnich said:

We are on the same cruise we booked last Dec. and I was not paying attention to the emails till this morning! I texted my TA and said he would take care of it.We will save around $2700 on our sky suite !

Wow, that's fantastic!  And I can't wait for our cruise!

1 hour ago, Snoopkat said:

TA made the change for me and all it took were 2 email requests and saved $500. Lost the $50 OBC from the original booking and the complimentary transfer (which I didn't even know I had).  Thanks OP for the thread!

Do it now. If a lower amount comes along you can request it be done again. No limit to how many times you can call.

1 hour ago, KAE27 said:

Wow, that's fantastic!  And I can't wait for our cruise!

We booked the Transcanal on Edge on 3/27/23 while we were onboard Edge last week. Today, that same SS is $2000 higher for 2. Glad I booked it when I did, the day after the latest promo was announced. 

I also noticed a January 2023 Equinox cruise I was looking at went up by $1400 for an S1 between this morning and this afternoon. Looks like they kicked up some of the 2023 prices today. 

For some 7-day sailing in Jan/Feb/Mar 2023, the Beyond is actually cheaper than Apex. Haven't seen that before.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

We booked the Transcanal on Edge on 3/27/23 while we were onboard Edge last week. Today, that same SS is $2000 higher for 2. Glad I booked it when I did, the day after the latest promo was announced. 

I also noticed a January 2023 Equinox cruise I was looking at went up by $1400 for an S1 between this morning and this afternoon. Looks like they kicked up some of the 2023 prices today. 

For some 7-day sailing in Jan/Feb/Mar 2023, the Beyond is actually cheaper than Apex. Haven't seen that before.

mac_tlc

Sounds like several of us got lucky on this one, before the prices went back up.  That's really surprising to hear about Beyond, too.

Hope you had more success than I.  I waited 2hrs 15min for the call to be picked up (regular 800 number) only to be told that I have to dial another number (individual reservations) for possible repricing of my 2023 cruise.  Way beyond frustrating.

2 hours ago, BBsails said:

Hope you had more success than I.  I waited 2hrs 15min for the call to be picked up (regular 800 number) only to be told that I have to dial another number (individual reservations) for possible repricing of my 2023 cruise.  Way beyond frustrating.

Frustrating yes, but the potential savings are worth the effort. IMO. Good luck .

1 minute ago, BBsails said:

Thanks, Shadow9612.  You are so right!  I called at 8:55 pm PST and got through immediately.  Phone call resulted in a $1300 fare reduction due to the 50% off second passenger offer.

Still pretty rewarding even when you factor in yesterday's frustration!

• Like 1

Thanks all- this is one of the many reasons I love CC! I finally got around to checking this out today for our Dec 5 Caribbean sailing on the Edge. Since we are 3.5 weeks out from sail date and well past final booking they wouldn't give me on board credit but I was able to move from an S3 (Sky Suite on the Magic Carpet path) to an S1 Corner Aft Sky Suite (Love those large balconies!) for no charge, while keeping all the perks. Took an hour on hold to get to my TA (big box store) plus another hour for us both to get to a Celebrity rep but that gave me time to plan shore excursions! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BBsails said:

Thanks, Shadow9612.  You are so right!  I called at 8:55 pm PST and got through immediately.  Phone call resulted in a $1300 fare reduction due to the 50% off second passenger offer.

Fantastic!!  That's phenomenal. Congratulations 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Prices are certainly confusing to this newbie.

The base discounted "prices" are the same at my favorite online site as on the Celebrity site.

Online offers upgraded drink package and $600 OBC.  Celebrity offers 50% off second passenger.  One "presumes" that the discounted is off the new base price that is the same at both places.