50% off 2nd Passenger Offer

mahdnc

1 hour ago, CarolCoupon said:

We have an S1 on the Beyond.  I don't see available rooms in that category currently.  Would we be eligible to have the sailing repriced?  tia

Yes. I repriced a sold out category room (maybe two, but I didn't even look at the other one that might have been sold out).

• Thanks 1

Had my TA  check with Celebrity to reprice my Alaskan cruise, which was lifted and shifted from last year.  had to cancel the existing cruise, then immediately rebook the same cabin.  Lost my initial deposit, but even after that and an upgrade to Elevate, still saved £600.  One happy cruiser! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just did a dummy booking on a sailing I've already booked on and I think I would be saving $500 (minus the change fee).  Now waiting for my TA to confirm. Question for those more knowledgeable - my booking isn't till Feb 2023, should I take this offer and reprice now or wait to see if something better comes along given the cruise is still more than 12 months away?

17 minutes ago, Snoopkat said:

Just did a dummy booking on a sailing I've already booked on and I think I would be saving $500 (minus the change fee).  Now waiting for my TA to confirm. Question for those more knowledgeable - my booking isn't till Feb 2023, should I take this offer and reprice now or wait to see if something better comes along given the cruise is still more than 12 months away?

Take it now, and just keep watching the prices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snoopkat said:

Do what the penguins say. You can take advantage of all price drops offered prior to final payment.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Snoopkat said:

Another vote for strike now for the reasons stated earlier.  Also it is not uncommon for cruise fares to slowly drift up over time after your initial booking to find that you cannot take advantage of an offer that occurs in the future because the higher fare offsets the savings.

A few things I have noticed over the years... when doing a mock booking...look at the gross price on the cruise as well as the discounted price. They often seem to raise the gross price..so the % off sounds good but is not really a savings at all. The other thing I have noticed recently is that port fees for some itineraries have jumped quite a bit.. so make you you include that in your calculations. The only deal I have found was the residents discount..but that excluded the AI features...which I decided to keep.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Belle5129 said:

Is there a limit to how many times you can request a price adjustment? For a June 2022 Alaska cruise, I had called and received a couple hundred dollars back when the 20% sale first came out. Checking now, looks it has dropped another $100+ under this promotion. Not huge, but I am willing to sit on the phone for awhile to save some money! Just wasn't sure if I can go back again. Thanks in advance!

Keep going to the well until X says it is dry... LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 2

Price drops work best when you already have an existing booking and that cruise qualifies for the price reduction, provided the discount is applicable across all cabin categories. Unless the promo states "New Bookings Only" you are in great shape because your original cruise cost will apply. Just saved some cash on a already booked 2022 cruise and I am about to save a lot more on one in 2023. As previously mentioned, these sale promos on new bookings will  see the cruise cost increased quite a bit in order to cover the discount.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CarolCoupon said:

We have an S1 on the Beyond.  I don't see available rooms in that category currently.  Would we be eligible to have the sailing repriced?  tia

12 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Yes. I repriced a sold out category room (maybe two, but I didn't even look at the other one that might have been sold out).

How is that possible, since her S1 category no longer has a price or any availability.  Wouldn’t it be impossible to know the current prevailing rate?  It would be nice if Celebrity would take the price that you booked and just reduce the 2nd person by 50%.  Is that what they did for you?  
or did you possible “reprice” a higher or lower category and apply it to your booking?

I. did this once in a different cruise line.  They introduced a free drink package with all bookings.  They told me that I could not add it to my reservations as no cabins were available in my category.  I asked them to change my booking to a lower category, so I could ad the drink package.  Surprised I was suddenly able to add it to my higher level category.  

Thanks

27 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

How is that possible, since her S1 category no longer has a price or any availability.  Wouldn’t it be impossible to know the current prevailing rate?  It would be nice if Celebrity would take the price that you booked and just reduce the 2nd person by 50%.  Is that what they did for you?  
or did you possible “reprice” a higher or lower category and apply it to your booking?

I don't understand how or why it happens, but it happens.  I did it with my October Summit sailing when the 20% promotion started.  I've done it twice with my upcoming Millennium sailing.  I've done it twice with our Equinox sailing next year.  There would just be some keyboard tapping (and perhaps a brief hold), and they would come back with a number.  It's added up to middle four-figures across just those three bookings.  It's all been the same category (same cabin) with same perks and amenities (and I do wait on the phone to review the amended invoice).  I can only surmise that they maintain some notation of what the price would be in the event of a cancellation or other such availability.

You are correct that I had no mock booking to compare it to, but I wasn't going to argue about the figures they told me and then applied to our bookings.  I may not have a whole lot of sense, but I have THAT much.

So, yes, it's worth a call even if your category is sold out. 

Ironically, the one booking where the category wasn't sold out is the one I had to fight a little bit (a very little bit) about.  I had done the mock booking and saw about a $500 savings from only last week.  At first, the gentleman I was speaking with said he saw no reduction.  I retorted that I had seen that savings on a mock booking the night before.  Heck, I even acknowledged that I might have missed out if a bunch of folks booked overnight.  He did his own mock booking while I was on the phone, saw the savings, and immediately adjusted our balance accordingly.  Needless to say, I thanked the gentleman for his time.

Edited by DCPIV

32 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I. did this once in a different cruise line.  They introduced a free drink package with all bookings.  They told me that I could not add it to my reservations as no cabins were available in my category.  I asked them to change my booking to a lower category, so I could ad the drink package.  Surprised I was suddenly able to add it to my higher level category.  

Thanks

Not quite the same thing, but we've been able to get 3rd/4th passenger fare  adjustments even if our cabin category was sold out. I think we were able to do that because 3rd/4th passenger rates are usually the same across many categories. 

Edited by mahdnc

Under the previous 20% off booking I saved a little over CDN$300 off our upcoming  March 2022 cruise.  Under this latest sale I just saved another $350 so was worth it for me to spend less than an hour on hold early this morning.  As Bo1953 says - I’ll keep going to the Celebrity well until it’s dry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a 2022 Reflection TA repriced by our TA about two weeks after booking when the sale hit.  Was originally waitlisted for the cabin class we wanted .. everything from CS and up was sold out - pretty typical for TA cruises.  Had no way to dummy book anything to see current rate.  Reprice still happened.  Saved a bundle - don't have invoice in front of me, but well into 4 figures.

So while the TA took care of it for me, it taught me that regardless of what inventory looks like, it's always worth finding out.

• Thanks 1

This is all Revenue Management for the cruise lines.

Their goal is to get the highest possible total revenue from each sailing, and they have to constantly balance rate and promotions to fill each ship and each sailing.

But they also cant lower prices drastically because a high percentage of people will want lower prices for their existing reservations. 

They need to create pricing and promotional strategies that don't result in a drop of overall revenue because everyone who previously booked will want credits. But they also don't want everyone to wait until the last minute to book special deals because they rely on our deposits to pay for current operations. It's in their interests to offer the best prices 1-2 years in advance and gradually increase prices as the sailing date gets closer. 

23 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I don't understand how or why it happens, but it happens.  I did it with my October Summit sailing when the 20% promotion started.  I've done it twice with my upcoming Millennium sailing.  I've done it twice with our Equinox sailing next year.  There would just be some keyboard tapping (and perhaps a brief hold), and they would come back with a number.  It's added up to middle four-figures across just those three bookings.  It's all been the same category (same cabin) with same perks and amenities (and I do wait on the phone to review the amended invoice).  I can only surmise that they maintain some notation of what the price would be in the event of a cancellation or other such availability.

You are correct that I had no mock booking to compare it to, but I wasn't going to argue about the figures they told me and then applied to our bookings.  I may not have a whole lot of sense, but I have THAT much.

So, yes, it's worth a call even if your category is sold out. 

Ironically, the one booking where the category wasn't sold out is the one I had to fight a little bit (a very little bit) about.  I had done the mock booking and saw about a $500 savings from only last week.  At first, the gentleman I was speaking with said he saw no reduction.  I retorted that I had seen that savings on a mock booking the night before.  Heck, I even acknowledged that I might have missed out if a bunch of folks booked overnight.  He did his own mock booking while I was on the phone, saw the savings, and immediately adjusted our balance accordingly.  Needless to say, I thanked the gentleman for his time.

Thank for the excellent detailed explanation.  In the future I will have my TA call and see if I can get an additional savings.  I wonder if I have been missing out.

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

Had a 2022 Reflection TA repriced by our TA about two weeks after booking when the sale hit.  Was originally waitlisted for the cabin class we wanted .. everything from CS and up was sold out - pretty typical for TA cruises.  Had no way to dummy book anything to see current rate.  Reprice still happened.  Saved a bundle - don't have invoice in front of me, but well into 4 figures.

So while the TA took care of it for me, it taught me that regardless of what inventory looks like, it's always worth finding out.

Thank you for the confirmation.

5 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

This is all Revenue Management for the cruise lines.

Their goal is to get the highest possible total revenue from each sailing, and they have to constantly balance rate and promotions to fill each ship and each sailing.

But they also cant lower prices drastically because a high percentage of people will want lower prices for their existing reservations. 

They need to create pricing and promotional strategies that don't result in a drop of overall revenue because everyone who previously booked will want credits. But they also don't want everyone to wait until the last minute to book special deals because they rely on our deposits to pay for current operations. It's in their interests to offer the best prices 1-2 years in advance and gradually increase prices as the sailing date gets closer. 

Pre-pandemic, Celebrity would drop their prices inside the booking penalty period. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Thank you, OP. We had already saved $1,000 on our April 2022 cruise on Celebrity Millennium (Concierge Class stateroom) with the 20% discount. This promotion saved us another $235.

You are welcome, but I will also credit @mfs2k who posted an earlier alert that I didn't see when I started this thread.

• Like 3