50% off 2nd Passenger Offer

mahdnc

I just did a mocking booking.  The room I chose stated $2612 a person

I did no add ons. When I get to the confirmation page my per person rate has now jumped up to $3720

less the 50% for second guest $1860.

What a rip off.

Edited by Elainemh

7 minutes ago, Elainemh said:

I did no add ons. When I get to the confirmation page my per person rate has now jumped up to $3720

What a rip off.

I’m guessing this is because the advertised price ($2612) is showing the average cost per person after the sale price is applied. Whether we all like it or not, this is usually how prices are displayed for products/services like this. 

With the previous 20% off sale, the advertised prices included that discount - this is the same idea as that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Elainemh said:

What a rip off.

The lowest price is based on a NRD and per person with the 50% off 2nd passenger averaged between the 2 guests.  

Taking your figures

Passenger 1       $3720

Passenger 2        $1860

Total.                    $5560.  divided by 2. $2790  so $178 higher pp-  could the difference be ports fees/taxes??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I booked this same C1 category, same cruise last June and my rate for person was $2769.

My rate was higher even with the 20% sale.

I see your math Jelayne makes sense, but I was
hoping to see 50% off of the $2769 

Edited by Elainemh

30 minutes ago, Elainemh said:

What a rip off.

A booking I've been looking on Apex in March, came down just over $400 on the least expensive suite...not bad...

Edited by PTC DAWG

18 minutes ago, kaprin02 said:

I’m guessing this is because the advertised price ($2612) is showing the average cost per person after the sale price is applied. Whether we all like it or not, this is usually how prices are displayed for products/services like this. 

With the previous 20% off sale, the advertised prices included that discount - this is the same idea as that. 

Just tried our Silhouette TA in April - total price was higher than we are currently paying. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Just tried our Silhouette TA in April - total price was higher than we are currently paying. 

Yeah, the cruise I have booked is still slightly higher than what I paid as well. But I’ll be monitoring the prices to see if they come down at all. 

• Thanks 1

Nothing changed for the ones Im watching, hopefully they have some good Black Friday/Thanksgiving sale going on, will look since I will be on a sailing then and see what is then, all the sales are always within same amounts at this point for me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Sail(get it?) runs through the end of March...

Edited by PTC DAWG

1 hour ago, kaprin02 said:

why wouldn't they display the price after the discount is applied?  I certainly would not assume that any of my potential customers would or even could do the math.

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Think it’s called Creative accounting- they put prices up in UK to then promote them.

We booked on16/09/21.Later at the beginning of October the 20% off promotion was £1000 more than we paid.

F0661818-3EA7-4035-BBE3-BCE23453154A.thumb.jpeg.e3272564a78a5ef22012b4fed5074a70.jpeg
 Today’s promotion final pricing is £250 more than 20% promotion.

8645815E-D82B-47F5-9FD7-1664A685A899.thumb.jpeg.7397350466ed50e4dc38da5b7421a576.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

2 hours ago, Elainemh said:

What a rip off.

1 hour ago, Elainemh said:

I booked this same C1 category, same cruise last June and my rate for person was $2769.

My rate was higher even with the 20% sale.

I see your math Jelayne makes sense, but I was
hoping to see 50% off of the $2769 

I see what the issue is, you were thinking that the price would remain the same and that is clearly not what happens.

Cruise pricing is what some of us refer to as "dynamic" which means that it can fluctuate from hourly to daily to weekly to monthly etc...

Pricing for most sailings from last June more than likely will not be the same. Some lower some higher, supply and demand and how C-19, CDC and other outside forces conspire.

This difference has even occurred during times when there was no pandemic to concern ourselves with.

I suggest it is timing and not a ripoff, as suggested.

bon voyage

• Like 4

Best part of this sale is it applies to some 2023 sailings and also applies to Beyond. 

Our March 2022 Edge sailing is $246 cheaper, January 9-day Equinox has dropped enough to go from a S2 to CS for $200. 

Now, I think we will do the Edge transcanal in 2023. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

Things must be slowly getting back to normal with Celebrity changing their offers and everyone runs to see if the new offer is better than the one they booked.  This is similar to what we saw pre-pandemic.  What next, a thread about dining room attire? 🤣

I booked under the last offer and compared pricing under the new offer and wasn’t shocked to see there was no savings to be had.  Be thankful there are now discounts being offered and keep checking if the new offer is better for you.

Stay safe everyone.

• Haha 1

We just received $334.00 of OBC after calling our TA about this new sale. Add that to the $600.00 OBC and we are at $934.00 OBC for our Edge sailing plus a $450.00 in store Costco card. Thank you Costco and Celebrity!

I can't do apples to apples comparison because our aft cabin seems sold out.  But comparing Aqua A2 to A1, with this half off promo, we would pay at least $500 *more* for our cruise.  So no benefit here.

I also looked at a South America cruise that I'm debating for 2022 or 2023 but there does not seem to be a big change for 2022.

I opologize for using the word rip off. I should have phased it differently.

I check  regularly for price drops for my next cruise 

of May 2022.

I am happy for all who were able to receive a price drop with this new promotion .

Maybe next sale I will get lucky

Edited by Elainemh
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, davekathy said:

They inflate the prices and then offer a limited time only special discount. :classic_rolleyes:

Of course they do, and they are NOT the only type of business that does this.  Anytime we see something for buy one - 50% off the second, or buy one - get one free, the price we are paying for item one has been increased BEFORE the sale is announced.  Sell enough of the product (bring others into the store, oh while I'm here let me check on cruise xxx, they accomplished what they intended.  I do not believe it is buyer beware at all.  We want the product, we make the purchase.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Elainemh said:

I opologize for using the word rip off. I should have phased it differently.

I check  regularly for price drops for my next cruise 

of May 2022.

I am happy for all who were able to receive a price drop with this new promotion .

Maybe next sale I will get lucky

I don't think you should apologize.......

• Thanks 1