Anthem Nov 14 ( Covid vs non covid)

Just back from Oasis out of Cape Liberty.   They ask to see your vax card at check-in several times.  Even if you've uploaded it.   Line was very long getting into the port building, so people please show up only at your assigned check-in time!   I had never waited in a line at Cape Liberty till October 24th.   

Windjammer had certain tables blocked off, but some clubs did not.   Some crew were rigid at enforcing distancing in the Studio B, (not one on Anthem I realize this) but it was not consistent.   Masks required while indoors except lower theater area (vaxxed only pax there).  Still, I believe we came off the ship on Sunday with no cases!   YAY!

We had 3,750 passengers onboard that sailing.   

Hope you enjoy Anthem.  It's a beautiful ship.  

• Like 4

Hard to tell. Anthem's first USA-based cruise is Nov. 8 (was 7th). I'm on the 14th, also. The only guidance provided was the protocol email they sent. I know what it was like on the 9/19 Oasis out of Bayonne, but that is probably irrelevant by now. 

The only relevant information will be when those ON the November 8 cruise start posting. I check in the Meet and Mingle sub-forum to see what they are posting. That will be the best source.

I somewhat understand the nature of the previous answers; describing recent protocols will not be close to definitive. Even the protocol email is flawed; don't expect spaced seating in event areas.

Follow the Anthem November 7/8 thread. They find out first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomahawk246 said:

What differences will I notice? Will there be restaurants and or venues closed or limited? Will there be fewer people on board? Any info on this subject will be helpful? Thank you.

On some ships some restaurants (windjammer for dinner, etc) are closed, on others not. Most ships currently have fewer people, not sure how long that lasts. Look for the "live" threads for the most current for those ships.

Edited by RedIguana
saw the sailing info in title
  • Like 1

Hi

We were on Anthem last week doing a UK cruise.  UK regultions were PCR test 72hrs before and our daughter who is only 10 had to do a lateral flow at the port.    No issues, just added an extra 20mins to check in.

Room was fantastic and all the bars and restaurants were open and the service was very fast.   No issues at all.   Really good.   Mask wearing indoors unless you are eating or drinking.    This was RCL's biggest cruise of the summer with approx 3300 guests.   Shows seemed to be socially distanced and were about 75% full so there was still a good atmosphere.   One thing - they 'release' you from the show in sections.   Sensible I suppose but the bars will be full if you're last out.

The only issue was that they shut kids clubs.   This was combined with prety poor UK weather and so the pools were shut.    RCL didn't have a plan B so there were a lot of bored kids.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaz52002 said:

Hi

We were on Anthem last week doing a UK cruise.  UK regultions were PCR test 72hrs before and our daughter who is only 10 had to do a lateral flow at the port.    No issues, just added an extra 20mins to check in.

Room was fantastic and all the bars and restaurants were open and the service was very fast.   No issues at all.   Really good.   Mask wearing indoors unless you are eating or drinking.    This was RCL's biggest cruise of the summer with approx 3300 guests.   Shows seemed to be socially distanced and were about 75% full so there was still a good atmosphere.   One thing - they 'release' you from the show in sections.   Sensible I suppose but the bars will be full if you're last out.

The only issue was that they shut kids clubs.   This was combined with prety poor UK weather and so the pools were shut.    RCL didn't have a plan B so there were a lot of bored kids.

Do you remember what sections they released first in the theater?

11 hours ago, Dall said:

Do you remember what sections they released first in the theater?

We were on a couple of weeks before. Downstairs they released the sides first, then the back section and then the front last.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 4:01 PM, Jaz52002 said:

Shows seemed to be socially distanced and were about 75% full so there was still a good atmosphere.   One thing - they 'release' you from the show in sections.   Sensible I suppose but the bars will be full if you're last out.

As I have said in other threads the issue with full bars on the Anthem is a cultural issue with cruises in the UK. One doesn't have to go to a bar after a show, so being the last one out of the of the theater hasn't been an issue with any cruise I've been on. 

Edited by kwokpot