Another California Adventure! – Baja Mexico & Mexican Riviera aboard the Miracle & Panorama (with pics) – October 2021.

Jamman54

Here’s our television, table, and mini fridge…..

IMG_6982-X2.jpg

IMG_6987-X2.jpg

Plenty of closet space…..

IMG_6985-X2.jpg

IMG_6986-X2.jpg

Power and USB ports…..

IMG_6983-X2.jpg

Our Havana Letter…..

IMG_6988-X2.jpg

Our Havana Experience wristbands…..

IMG_7001-X2.jpg

It’s time to head up to lunch. We programmed an elevator to take us to Deck 11, and when it opened there was just enough space for us to squeeze in. The elevator made two more stops on the way up, but no one else would be able to get on. Both JiJi’s and Cucina are up here on Deck 11. We peeked into JiJi’s and it wasn’t busy at all…..

IMG_6989-X2.jpg

IMG_6992-X2.jpg

IMG_6991-X2.jpg

To be continued…….

• Like 12

The ride to the port was too crazy not to be funny!  The required covid test and the confusion of staff over Carnival’s protocols was not at all funny.  Craziest embarkation of all time!  Things turned around after a Thirsty Frog and a great lunch!  

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Webecruzen said:

The ride to the port was too crazy not to be funny!  The required covid test and the confusion of staff over Carnival’s protocols was not at all funny.  Craziest embarkation of all time!  Things turned around after a Thirsty Frog and a great lunch!  

I seriously don’t understand the re-testing? If you’ve presented with a negative test in the last 2 days why on earth would you need to test again??

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Webecruzen said:

100% Our lunch at Cucina will be the next thing posted. :classic_smile:

12 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

I seriously don’t understand the re-testing? If you’ve presented with a negative test in the last 2 days why on earth would you need to test again??

Because the staff at the port didn't know the protocols. I can't believe that we were the first ones to go from the Miracle over to the Panorama. At least we didn't get charged for the tests. I would have really flipped! :classic_angry:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

IMG_6982-X2.jpg

IMG_6987-X2.jpg

Plenty of closet space…..

IMG_6985-X2.jpg

IMG_6986-X2.jpg

Power and USB ports…..

IMG_6983-X2.jpg

Our Havana Letter…..

IMG_6988-X2.jpg

Our Havana Experience wristbands…..

IMG_7001-X2.jpg

It’s time to head up to lunch. We programmed an elevator to take us to Deck 11, and when it opened there was just enough space for us to squeeze in. The elevator made two more stops on the way up, but no one else would be able to get on. Both JiJi’s and Cucina are up here on Deck 11. We peeked into JiJi’s and it wasn’t busy at all…..

IMG_6989-X2.jpg

IMG_6992-X2.jpg

IMG_6991-X2.jpg

To be continued…….

Absolutely LOVED The Havana Cabana we had on The Vista. No going back now 

• Like 1

We met Jim and Pat and we went across the hallway to Cucina, which also was nearly empty…..

IMG_6994-X2.jpg

IMG_6995-X2.jpg

IMG_6996-X2.jpg

IMG_7009-X2.jpg

The Chefs are waiting for our orders….

IMG_6997-X2.jpg

We each filled out an order form and handed it to our server…..

IMG_6999-X2.jpg

First, we were served our bread and Caesar salad….

IMG_7002-X2.jpg

IMG_7003-X2.jpg

About 10 minutes later our pasta dishes were served…..

IMG_7004-X2.jpg

IMG_7006-X2.jpg

IMG_7007-X2.jpg

IMG_7008-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 8

After eating, Patti wanted to go take pictures of the Cloud 9 Spa and Fitness Center. She missed out getting these shots on the Horizon this past August.  The only time you can go see the Thermal Suites is on embarkation day when they are giving tours, unless of course you have a Spa cabin or have purchased a pass. We all decided to go with her. We have arrived at the Cloud 9 Spa and Fitness Center, located on Deck 12 forward…..

IMG_7023-X2.jpg

IMG_7022-X2.jpg

IMG_7024-X2.jpg

This is the Women’s Locker Room…..

IMG_7029-X2.jpg

IMG_7030-X2.jpg

IMG_7031-X2.jpg

IMG_7032-X2.jpg

IMG_7033-X2.jpg

IMG_7034-X2.jpg

IMG_7035-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 6

We head into the Thermal Suites. This is the Thalassotherapy Pool and heated tile loungers. To tell you the truth, the T-Pool on this class of ships is puny. The best T-Pools can be found on the Dream Class of ships, and the Carnival Splendor…..

IMG_7036-X2.jpg

IMG_7047-X2.jpg

IMG_7038-X2.jpg

IMG_7037-X2.jpg

The Experience Showers…..

IMG_7039-X2.jpg

IMG_7040-X2.jpg

The Hammam Chamber…..

IMG_7041-X2.jpg

IMG_7052-X2.jpg

The Aroma Steam Room…..

IMG_7044-X2.jpg

IMG_7045-X2.jpg

IMG_7046-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 6

Continuing with our tour of the Thermal Suites, this is the Laconium…..

IMG_7048-X2.jpg

IMG_7051-X2.jpg

This is the Infrared Sauna…..

IMG_7049-X2.jpg

IMG_7050-X2.jpg

You can drop off used towels and get fresh ones here…..

IMG_7053-X2.jpg

Patti next moves into the Fitness Center…..

IMG_7069-X2.jpg

IMG_7066-X2.jpg

IMG_7065-X2.jpg

IMG_7064-X2.jpg

IMG_7063-X2.jpg

IMG_7062-X2.jpg

IMG_7061-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 7

After we toured the Spa, Jim and Pat went back to their cabin to relax and unpack. I went on my “Hunt for Saint Greg” which I will detail a little later, and Patti continued with her picture tour. Patti heads down to Deck 5. Here is the Dreamscape in the Atrium…..

IMG_7072-X2.jpg

Patti checks out the shops on Deck 5 forward…..

IMG_7073-X2.jpg

IMG_7074-X2.jpg

IMG_7075-X2.jpg

IMG_7076-X2.jpg

IMG_7077-X2.jpg

IMG_7078-X2.jpg

IMG_7080-X2.jpg

IMG_7081-X2.jpg

IMG_7082-X2.jpg

IMG_7083-X2.jpg

IMG_7087-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 10

Patti is checking out the Liquid Lounge from the upper level…..

IMG_7092-X2.jpg

IMG_7091-X2.jpg

IMG_7089-X2.jpg

IMG_7088-X2.jpg

She runs into our old friend, Cruise Director Lee Mason…..

IMG_7093-X2.jpg

Moving aft past the Atrium, Patti checks out the Library Bar…..

IMG_7095-X2.jpg

IMG_7096-X2.jpg

IMG_7097-X2.jpg

IMG_7098-X2.jpg

IMG_7101-X2.jpg

IMG_7102-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

IMG_6982-X2.jpg

IMG_6987-X2.jpg

Lots of people love to find reasons to complain about cruise ship rooms, however these little updates have been very welcome. I'm very appreciative that there are more power options, bigger tvs, and better refrigerators. I'll survive with the tiny room.

• Like 5

Across the way is Piano Bar 88. Scott is the Piano Bar player for our cruise…..

IMG_7107-X2.jpg

IMG_7108-X2.jpg

IMG_7111-X2.jpg

IMG_7112-X2.jpg

Patti next checks out Bonsai Teppanyaki. We will be eating here tomorrow night…..

IMG_7113-X2.jpg

IMG_7103-X2.jpg

IMG_7104-X2.jpg

IMG_7105-X2.jpg

IMG_7106-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 6

Moving even further aft, is the Pixels Photo Gallery…..

IMG_7125-X2.jpg

IMG_7126-X2.jpg

IMG_7133-X2.jpg

IMG_7134-X2.jpg

Just past Pixel’s is the Pig & Anchor. We enjoyed this venue on the Horizon, so we will be eating here later tonight…..

IMG_7135-X2.jpg

IMG_7140-X2.jpg

IMG_7139-X2.jpg

IMG_7138-X2.jpg

IMG_7146-X2.jpg

IMG_7148-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 6

Just past Java Blue is the Ocean Plaza. This is a trivia players dream during the day, and great for the music lovers at night…..

IMG_7152-X2.jpg

IMG_7157-X2.jpg

IMG_7156-X2.jpg

IMG_7155-X2.jpg

The Ocean Plaza Bar…..

IMG_7159-X2.jpg

Patti heads out on to the Lanai…..

IMG_7158-X2.jpg

IMG_7129-X2.jpg

IMG_7128-X2.jpg

Patti then heads back to our cabin, which is just around the corner from the Ocean Plaza, to begin unpacking our bags.

To be continued…..

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We met Jim and Pat and we went across the hallway to Cucina, which also was nearly empty…..

IMG_6994-X2.jpg

IMG_6995-X2.jpg

IMG_6996-X2.jpg

IMG_7009-X2.jpg

The Chefs are waiting for our orders….

IMG_6997-X2.jpg

We each filled out an order form and handed it to our server…..

IMG_6999-X2.jpg

First, we were served our bread and Caesar salad….

IMG_7002-X2.jpg

IMG_7003-X2.jpg

About 10 minutes later our pasta dishes were served…..

IMG_7004-X2.jpg

IMG_7006-X2.jpg

IMG_7007-X2.jpg

IMG_7008-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

LOL, Patti asked for zucchini and got precisely one and a half thin slices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/18/2021 at 2:46 PM, Jamman54 said:

We did eat in the Steakhouse one night. Patti and I have always been MDR people, but when we were on the Horizon in August things changed. We had Your Time Dining and were enjoying dinner on the first Elegant night. They proceeded to sit another couple at the table 4" from us even though there was plenty of empty space throughout the dining room. Nothing against the other couple but what happened to social distancing? We ate in the buffet or at "other" venues the rest of that cruise. When you think about it, most of what is being served in the MDR is available at the lido. The food comes from the same place,  it's just plated and made pretty for you in the MDR. 

On the Panorama we didn't eat in the dining room except for brunch. We ate at the "other " venues for 6 nights and the buffet one night. 

We are doing a B2B on the Mardi Gras in April and I see us eating in the MDR only once or twice. 😎

Thank you for that insight.  We are going on a cruise to Iceland in July - my husband is a bit nervous, so if we’re not comfortable in the MDR, there’s lots of other choices!

• Like 1

“The Hunt for Saint Greg”

Earlier today after we had toured the Cloud 9 Spa, Patti had continued on her picture tour, and I went over to the Red Frog Rum Bar for a few Thirsty Frog Wheat beers. I pulled out my phone to check on emails and stuff, and then jumped onto Cruise Critic to check out Saint Greg’s thread. I posted something to the effect that “I’m sure we’ll bump into you later” and then it hit me, let’s try and track him down!

The last bar he posted from was the Lobby Bar in the Atrium, so let me head down there. Having no idea what he looked like, all I had to go on was to look for a guy that appeared to be travelling solo, and he had a monkey. I get down there, and it doesn’t appear that anyone at the bar now fits the description. I ordered a drink and whipped out my phone.

It appears that he’s now posting from the Alchemy Bar! I gulp down my drink and sprinted, (really I walked slowly), up the two flights of stairs up to Deck 5, and then back to the Alchemy Bar. Once there, I checked out all the male “suspects” and again, nobody fits the bill. He had escaped again! I ordered a drink and whipped out my phone.

It wasn’t long before he was posting a string of posts from the nearby Pig & Anchor. I’ve got a bead on him. I can’t gulp down my drink, because you just don’t gulp down drinks at the Alchemy Bar, but once I was done, I made my move.

There, sitting in the back of the Pig & Anchor all by himself, was the man, Saint Greg! We shook hands and then sat down and talked like old friends for quite a while. Being that we do photo reviews, I asked him if he showed up in any of our photos, would we be allowed to use them. He told me that he preferred that we didn’t.

Like I said earlier in this review, we will never use pictures of someone, or identify anyone, without their permission, so Saint Greg’s response was fine by me. He then proceeded to give me his reasons why he didn’t want to be shown, which he really didn’t have to do. So, not only have I been accepted into the Saint Greg Society by actually knowing what he looks like, I also have been shown the secret handshake!

Let me just say to all of you that have never met him. What you picture of him in your mind is probably pretty close. The knowledge, wit, and humor that comes across on these pages, comes across in real life. I’m glad to have finally met him, and I will not betray his trust.

We do have pictures of him, both posed and otherwise, which we have moved to our private albums, so don’t bother looking on our host site. When Patti did her tour of the Deck 5 venues, there was one venue we had to leave out, the Alchemy Bar. That’s because she had no idea that she had caught him posting on his phone from there!  :classic_unsure:

And that’s all I’m going to say about that! :classic_biggrin:

Moving on, it was getting close to sail away time. An announcement was made that 200 people had still not done their emuster! Come on people, it only takes 5 minutes!

Jim and Pat had invited us up to their cabin for sail away, so we made our way to the Havana Bar to pick up some drinks…..

IMG_7160-X2.jpg

IMG_7167-X2.jpg

IMG_7163-X2.jpg

IMG_7166-X2.jpg

While I was being served, Patti stepped outside and took some shots of the Havana Pool area…..

IMG_7168-X2.jpg

IMG_7169-X2.jpg

IMG_7170-X2.jpg

IMG_7171-X2.jpg

IMG_7173-X2.jpg

IMG_7175-X2.jpg

The Havana Towel Hut…..

IMG_7174-X2.jpg

The outside Havana Bar…..

IMG_7172-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We have made it up to Jim and Pat’s cabin for sail away….

IMG_7201-X2.jpg

Sailing away from Long Beach…..

IMG_7181-X2.jpg

IMG_7199-X2.jpg

IMG_7200-X2.jpg

IMG_7203-X2.jpg

A Princess ship follows us out to sea…..

IMG_7208-X2.jpg

We head back towards our cabin. This is the hallway our cabin is in…..

IMG_7204-X2.jpg

We decide to head back to the Havana Pool area and get some more pictures…..

IMG_7212-X2.jpg

IMG_7218-X2.jpg

IMG_7211-X2.jpg

IMG_7220-X2.jpg

IMG_7221-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 10

This is the outside shower…..

IMG_7224-X2.jpg

Here’s a look at the port side Havana Cabanas…..

IMG_7222-X2.jpg

IMG_7223-X2.jpg

This is the first sunset of the cruise….

IMG_7209-X2.jpg

IMG_7237-X2.jpg

Heading back inside, Patti takes some more shots of the seating in the Havana Bar…..

IMG_7227-X2.jpg

IMG_7228-X2.jpg

IMG_7229-X2.jpg

IMG_7230-X2.jpg

IMG_7233-X2.jpg

IMG_7234-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 11