Another California Adventure! – Baja Mexico & Mexican Riviera aboard the Miracle & Panorama (with pics) – October 2021.

Jamman54

Day # 16  (October 24th)  -  Fun Day at Sea # 1!

We were up at 7 am to a sunny but chilly day. The good news is that it will warm up into the 80’s later today. That’s great, since we can’t wait to hang out by the Havana Pool area. Here are today’s “Fun Times”…..

IMG_7369-X2.jpg

IMG_7370-X2.jpg

Around 8:15 am, Patti and I head around the corner to the Ocean Plaza for some breakfast. They are already set up for the Carnival Tower game which will start at 9 am…..

IMG_7371-X2.jpg

Like I mentioned, they have a mini breakfast buffet set up here every morning. This is very handy for us because like I said, our cabin is just steps away. Here are the daily offerings…..

IMG_7372-X2.jpg

IMG_7373-X2.jpg

IMG_7374-X2.jpg

IMG_7375-X2.jpg

IMG_7376-X2.jpg

IMG_7377-X2.jpg

IMG_7378-X2.jpg

IMG_7379-X2.jpg

IMG_7381-X2.jpg

I grab my plate and sit down and talk with Saint Greg, who is probably  working on his second or third cup of coffee.

To be continued…..

• Like 11

Saint Greg leaves to head to the Sea Day Brunch, and at 9:30 am Patti and I head to the Liquid Lounge for the “Morning Show”. However, it’s not called the “Morning Show” anymore, it’s called “The Wave”…..

IMG_7388-X2.jpg

Jim and Pat join us at the show. As always, Lee Mason hosts the show, assisted today by Fun Squad members Tony and Christian…..

IMG_7390-XL.jpg

IMG_7391-XL.jpg

IMG_7395-X2.jpg

IMG_7393-X2.jpg

Tony brings Lee a new energy drink called the “Bob Ross” energy drink. Some of you may get the humor in that. :classic_tongue:

IMG_7400-X2.jpg

Lee gives it a try…..

IMG_7410-XL.jpg

IMG_7411-XL.jpg

IMG_7412-XL.jpg

IMG_7413-XL.jpg

IMG_7415-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 10

Lee brings on Brent the Shopping Expert on board the Panorama to talk about the highlights from the Shopping Show that will take place later this morning…..

IMG_7402-X2.jpg

IMG_7407-X2.jpg

Today’s show is over…..

IMG_7416-X2.jpg

Pat and Patti decide that they are going to stay for the Fun Aboard, Fun Ashore and Shopping Shows. Jim and I head back to the Havana Pool area. Lee hosts the Fun Aboard, Fun Ashore Show…..

IMG_7418-X2.jpg

IMG_7419-X2.jpg

Pat and Patti order a round of drinks for themselves……

IMG_7421-X2.jpg

The Shopping Show is hosted by Brent…..

IMG_7422-X2.jpg

IMG_7426-XL.jpg

After the shows, the girls meet us back in the Havana Pool area where we will be spending a good part of the day. Sorry, no pictures as we are being lazy, relaxing, and having a “few” cocktails. At some point Jim, Pat, and Patti head up to the Lido for lunch, but I stay behind to utilize one of the hot tubs, which I have to myself!

A little after 3 pm, everyone started heading back to the cabins, but I went up to grab a Guy’s Burger and went over to the Red Frog Rum Bar for a Thirsty Frog to wash it down.

On my way back to the cabin I passed the Alchemy Bar and noticed SG sitting there, so I joined him for a couple of drinks. Around 4:30 pm I went back to the cabin to take a nap before dinner.

At 6:30 pm, we met up with Jim and Pat at the Havana Bar for some pre-dinner drinks. Who do we see but Marky Mark, fresh out of quarantine , hosting High Seas Karaoke…..

IMG_7428-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 7

We have a 7:15 pm reservation at Bonsai Tappanyaki. We pass Bonsai Sushi which is right next door. They are open from 5 pm to midnight for dinner…..

IMG_7435-X2.jpg

IMG_7439-X2.jpg

We have arrived at Bonsai Tappanyaki. They are still getting the tables ready. There are three dinner sittings every night. One at 5:30 pm, one at 7:15 pm, and the last at 9 pm. Seats are limited, so they fill up quickly. They also do lunch sittings.

IMG_7432-X2.jpg

Here we are though I think Jim is sleeping! :classic_biggrin:

IMG_7450-X2.jpg

IMG_7452-X2.jpg

Our drinks have been served…..

IMG_7475-X2.jpg

Chef is taking everyone’s entrée orders…..

IMG_7446-X2.jpg

The Chef is just showing off now…..

IMG_7454-X2.jpg

IMG_7455-X2.jpg

IMG_7457-X2.jpg

IMG_7458-X2.jpg

IMG_7460-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We have a 7:15 pm reservation at Bonsai Tappanyaki. We pass Bonsai Sushi which is right next door. They are open from 5 pm to midnight for dinner…..

IMG_7435-X2.jpg

IMG_7439-X2.jpg

We have arrived at Bonsai Tappanyaki. They are still getting the tables ready. There are three dinner sittings every night. One at 5:30 pm, one at 7:15 pm, and the last at 9 pm. Seats are limited, so they fill up quickly. They also do lunch sittings.

IMG_7432-X2.jpg

Here we are though I think Jim is sleeping! :classic_biggrin:

IMG_7450-X2.jpg

IMG_7452-X2.jpg

Our drinks have been served…..

IMG_7475-X2.jpg

Chef is taking everyone’s entrée orders…..

IMG_7446-X2.jpg

The Chef is just showing off now…..

IMG_7454-X2.jpg

IMG_7455-X2.jpg

IMG_7457-X2.jpg

IMG_7458-X2.jpg

IMG_7460-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

3 dinner times with 10 per table? How many tables are there? 

It’s time to cook the veggies…..

IMG_7508-X2.jpg

IMG_7510-X2.jpg

IMG_7511-X2.jpg

Everyone gets a bowl of fried rice…..

IMG_7512-X2.jpg

Finishing up the veggies…..

IMG_7515-X2.jpg

IMG_7520-X2.jpg

IMG_7522-X2.jpg

Patti’s got soup, salad, and fried rice…..

IMG_7514-X2.jpg

It’s time for the good stuff….

IMG_7526-X2.jpg

Chef is starting with the salmon…..

IMG_7528-X2.jpg

IMG_7530-X2.jpg

IMG_7532-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 11

For dessert, everyone gets a box…..

IMG_7552-X2.jpg

These are the individual desserts…..

IMG_7548-X2.jpg

IMG_7549-X2.jpg

IMG_7550-X2.jpg

IMG_7547-X2.jpg

IMG_7546-X2.jpg

IMG_7545-X2.jpg

We really enjoyed this experience. We left there with our bellies full. Afterwards, we went our separate ways. Patti was tired and went back to the cabin. I went to play blackjack for a couple of hours and lost a little bit. Back to the cabin around 11 pm. Here is today’s towel creature. Goodnight!

IMG_7553-X2.jpg

Coming up next: Another day at sea. Halloween activities, Diamond event, dinner at JiJi’s, and Soulbound!

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Next, Chef does the chicken and shrimp…..

IMG_7527-X2.jpg

IMG_7533-X2.jpg

IMG_7534-X2.jpg

IMG_7537-X2.jpg

IMG_7539-X2.jpg

And finally, Chef does the beef and shrimp…..

IMG_7540-X2.jpg

IMG_7541-X2.jpg

IMG_7542-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

This would probably end up being my favorite place. It all looks terrific. Did you reserve before the cruise or onboard.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

OMG teppanyaki fried rice is the best!

For sure! At the end there was like an extra bowl full on the grill. Chef asked if anyone wanted some more, so I said sure fully expecting to split the rest with the rest of the folks at the table. Nobody wanted any more, so I wound up eating another full bowl. Delish!!! :classic_tongue:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

My post didn’t seem to work…. Ate Chopsticks every sea day on our 14 day Pride Cruise!  So glad they have that option.

Love it! Can't wait until our B2B on the Legend so I can eat there again! :classic_tongue:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

There once was this team that the fans put paper bags over their faces...wait, what?  Never mind.  Back to @Jamman54  Sorry for the hijack.

41 years ago. If you’re old enough to remember it that’s your problem, not mine.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Love it! Can't wait until our B2B on the Legend so I can eat there again! :classic_tongue:

Mine too, visited daily on the Pride, even if just for a snack and will enjoy it on the Legend next year too!

Edited by aztekpm

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

No it wasn't. If it was I would have had it for sure. 😎

Interesting. When I went last year I had steak and lobster the first time. But I liked the flavor on the steak so much I just got that the second time.

When I went to Planet Hollywood Cancun this year, they had salmon instead of lobster. I thought that was because their restaurants were no additional charge. But then when I went to Barcelo Maya Riviera they had huge lobsters at their Teppanyaki and at no additional charge. 

Seems like maybe a cutback by carnival there. 

• Like 3