Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The paired Châteauneuf-du-Pape was so good that I bought a bottle!

Agree, we loved on 6 October Journey cruise.  We didn’t do the Italian (too many substitutes needed to remove nuts) and had the Explorers Dinner would happen on the 13th but it was cancelled due to low demand 

85802A72-72C4-45F1-BC1D-60B44284F028.thumb.jpeg.2c38b6e019b0f7718dbd0b4cc84a125f.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The paired Châteauneuf-du-Pape was so good that I bought a bottle!

Yes, I love it, too - smooth and full body, with lovely structure; here in Ontario we still have it at $55 CAD but in Quebec it’s all gone! 

55 minutes ago, uktog said:

Agree, we loved on 6 October Journey cruise.  We didn’t do the Italian (too many substitutes needed to remove nuts) and had the Explorers Dinner would happen on the 13th but it was cancelled due to low demand 

85802A72-72C4-45F1-BC1D-60B44284F028.thumb.jpeg.2c38b6e019b0f7718dbd0b4cc84a125f.jpeg

Thank you so much for posting the menu - you and Jazzbeau convinced me to try it next time I’m on board (which is in less than 2 mts - in fact, just yesterday we were talking about it, so perfect timing)!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Excuse me if I've missed something but what are we looking at here? Is this the chef's table menu?

2 minutes ago, federalexpress said:

Excuse me if I've missed something but what are we looking at here? Is this the chef's table menu?

French chefs table. A fabulous wine pairing on journey 

3 hours ago, federalexpress said:

OK, useful to know. Am I right in thinking there are one or two other theme nights for the chef's table. Think I saw an Italian one and maybe an Arabic one.

I've seen a California Table.  Not a Chef's Table,but they've done a rijstaffel dinner in the past at times. 

Just heard last night that due to airport strike our flights home have been cancelled. Meeting at 9 in the Cabaret to outline new plan. We've been booked on flights in two days time. Azamara finding hotel for next two nights. Not sure how many are affected. Steward wonders how this will affect passengers due to board today.

5 hours ago, mchell810 said:

For any one who's sailed in the last month or two:

It's my understanding that Windows Cafe is open on embarkation day for a late lunch.  In your experience was the patio grill also open? 

Patio was open until 6 on embarkation day on journey 

1 hour ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Just heard last night that due to airport strike our flights home have been cancelled. Meeting at 9 in the Cabaret to outline new plan. We've been booked on flights in two days time. Azamara finding hotel for next two nights. Not sure how many are affected. Steward wonders how this will affect passengers due to board today.

Good luck, at least you have your flights in a package, wonder how others are coping who booked themselves 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Sorry  about your flight  problems, glad to hear that Azamara is looking after you.  What was your original flight routing and with which airlines ?

22 minutes ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Originally British Airways. Now we're flying with Vueling via Barcelona to Edinburgh. Never heard of Vueling airlines before! Currently just sitting in board waiting for coach to the hotels. Looks like about 50 of us.

Vueling is a budget airline and part of the IAG group so a sister airline to BA and Iberia.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Originally British Airways. Now we're flying with Vueling via Barcelona to Edinburgh. Never heard of Vueling airlines before! Currently just sitting in board waiting for coach to the hotels. Looks like about 50 of us.

Riocca has it right as always- a word of warning check what weight allowance you now have with vueling as it’s less than KLM/BA. 
Another thing although Azamara booked your flights you may be entitled to EU261 delay compensation from BA. Check their website, flyertalk orCAA for details though I think strike action may be outside the parameters but always worth a check (261 applies to all guests not just those from the EU)

1 hour ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

We usually use Vueling for Barcelona, no complaints and they are pretty good. Similar to Jet 2, so they're at the 'top end' of budget category.

2 hours ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Reassuring to hear about Vueling. Now worrying about my case. It's very heavy.

Hotel is not great. At a petrol station on a busy road 30 mins from Rome and same from the airport. To pay and claim back for meals apparently.

I hope you make it home as smoothly as possible.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hamrag said:

We usually use Vueling for Barcelona, no complaints and they are pretty good. Similar to Jet 2, so they're at the 'top end' of budget category.

Good to hear. I had never heard of them, but am booked from Lisbon to Barcelona on them next March

• Like 1