Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

4 hours ago, FengShui@Sea said:

This was a private seafood specialty dinner we attended last evening ($75 pp). There were six courses, and about 14 passengers attended. The food and wine were outstanding!

IMG_20231218_184652.jpg

IMG_20231218_184658.jpg

IMG_20231218_192119.jpg

IMG_20231218_202707.jpg

IMG_20231218_205609.jpg

4 hours ago, FengShui@Sea said:

This was a private seafood specialty dinner we attended last evening ($75 pp). There were six courses, and about 14 passengers attended. The food and wine were outstanding!

IMG_20231218_184652.jpg

IMG_20231218_184658.jpg

IMG_20231218_192119.jpg

IMG_20231218_202707.jpg

IMG_20231218_205609.jpg

So much for so little 

10 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Wow! What was the occasion?

They have been offering a Chef's Table dinner ($95 pp) every second day.  The first was French, then Italian (which we attended) and finally Cuban.  Two days later was offered this seafood dinner in honor of Sir Ernest Shackleton. Because of the popularity they have added another French dinner tonight which we have signed up for.  We have (had 🙄) a large ship board credit so have been enjoying these offerings.  We had dinner twice in the main dining room and it has also been wonderful.  

Edited by FengShui@Sea
  • Like 11

We headed back northward yesterday and the Drake Passage was treacherous.  Fifty-five mile an hour winds hitting us port side had the ship listing.  Our Chefs Table dinner was postponed until this evening.  Both Aquafina and Prime C were closed due to the winds.  Having an after dinner beverage in Discoveries Bar we could hear glass smashing, and around 8:30 p.m. we were ordered back to our cabins by the Captain for our own safety.  It was an adventure indeed.  

Today we are finally seeing land, with tendering in Ushuaia, Argentina, and the sun is out!

IMG_0655.jpeg

Edited by FengShui@Sea
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, FengShui@Sea said:

We headed back northward yesterday and the Drake Passage was treacherous.  Fifty-five mile an hour winds hitting us port side had the ship listing.  Our Chefs Table dinner was postponed until this evening.  Both Aquafina and Prime C were closed due to the winds.  Having an after dinner beverage in Discoveries Bar we could hear glass smashing, and around 8:30 p.m. we were ordered back to our cabins by the Captain for our own safety.  It was an adventure indeed.  

Today we are finally seeing land, with tendering in Ushuaia, Argentina, and the sun is out!

IMG_0655.jpeg

Guess I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a “Drake Lake” in February!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Guess I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a “Drake Lake” in February!

Something that has really come in handy due to the lack of counter space is the foldable baskets I brought.  I am sure a lot of passengers had their toiletries flying all over the bathroom last night.

image.jpg

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, FengShui@Sea said:

Something that has really come in handy due to the lack of counter space is the foldable baskets I brought.  I am sure a lot of passengers had their toiletries flying all over the bathroom last night.

image.jpg

Not I - nothing disturbed at all. 

• Like 2

I have a serious issue with Azamara sailing that part of the world where the weather is very unpredictable and the sea can become extremely rough, when the ship is effectively only able to operate one screw and they can’t heat the ship correctly.  Just completely bonkers and tells you a lot about the financial status of the company when they are not prepared to cancel a cruise because the ship has mechanical problems.

9 hours ago, M109 said:

I have a serious issue with Azamara sailing that part of the world where the weather is very unpredictable and the sea can become extremely rough, when the ship is effectively only able to operate one screw and they can’t heat the ship correctly.  Just completely bonkers and tells you a lot about the financial status of the company when they are not prepared to cancel a cruise because the ship has mechanical problems.

I think you are connecting dots that may not actually connect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, M109 said:

The ship has 4 screws.  On our cruise before the current one, 3 screws were operating and one was not.  It is unclear whether the fourth one has been fixed yet or not.

Aboard the Onward for 14 nights in the Caribbean.    We joined 4 other ships in the Bahamas today.  Must of been 15,000 people in port today.      The ship is lovely with familiar faces -  both crew and passengers from last year.    The theatre stage is all ready for the Christmas show covered in fluffy ‘snow’ and decorations!  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PAtravelbug said:

Aboard the Onward for 14 nights in the Caribbean.    We joined 4 other ships in the Bahamas today.  Must of been 15,000 people in port today.      The ship is lovely with familiar faces -  both crew and passengers from last year.    The theatre stage is all ready for the Christmas show covered in fluffy ‘snow’ and decorations!  

We haven't seen your friendly faces yet, but we'll keep looking.

Toni

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wcc19 said:

The ship has 4 screws.  On our cruise before the current one, 3 screws were operating and one was not.  It is unclear whether the fourth one has been fixed yet or not.

That's news to me, to the best of my knowledge the main propulsion unit has two screws but four Generators to provide the power for the Ship., It also has bow thrusters.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

That's news to me, to the best of my knowledge the main propulsion unit has two screws but four Generators to provide the power for the Ship., It also has bow thrusters.

That’s what I read.

The R One is fitted with four Wärtsilä 12V32LNE diesel electric engines, each of which produces 4,860kW at 720rpm. They are resiliently mounted to reduce vibration and operate on heavy fuel oil.

Oil purifiers were supplied by Westfalia and oil/water separators by Sofrance. With a cruising speed of 18k, the ship has a maximum speed of 21k.

The vessel has two Cegelec variable frequency propulsion machines each with a double-winding synchronous motor of 6,750kW at 170rpm, two six-pulse synchrodrive convertors of 6,750kW and two propulsion transformers of 4,300kVA. GEC Alsthom supplied the four 4.6MW alternators, as well as the 750kW motors for the Brunvoll bow thrusters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

I can’t believe you and @tgg haven’t seen each other yet!  It’s a small ship!

Merry Christmas to all!

How was Christmas Eve and Christmas morning meals and activities?!

Very Christmassy. Captain Carl's four kids along with the others on board (not too many) got their presents this morning. Santa and elves made an appearance for photos. Lots of silly shirts and colorful outfits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, tgg said:

Very Christmassy. Captain Carl's four kids along with the others on board (not too many) got their presents this morning. Santa and elves made an appearance for photos. Lots of silly shirts and colorful outfits.

Merry Christmas to you and DH!
Is there a brunch on Christmas Day?

I am sure you must have had the Christmas carols and cookies! 

58 minutes ago, tgg said:

We are living vicariously between you and @PAtravelbug!!

Wish we were there.

We will be on our first Christmas and New Years cruise next year on Azamara.

On 12/21/2023 at 1:40 PM, FengShui@Sea said:

IMG_0655.jpeg

Jonas shut the ship down at 20:30. Some would still be at dinner.

18 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

We had a brunch but my butler did not follow breakfast card orders to walke. With time change I barely madeit.

i ruin his day telling him he was wrong and not listening to me.and brought me my normsl breakfast not just a latte at 10. Made it about noon and wondered where music was.

all we had Cmas eve was carols at 17:15 ..Cmas show tonight  late.even the gingerbread houses not as good as Quests.we have less space but it like something missing.

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

Brunch today from 10:00 - 12:30 with many choices. There have been carols and cookies. Christmas Eve dinner last night very crowded and loud. Food was mediocre. We're opting for Prime C tonight.

This all would have been more fun if you were here.

The best part of this cruise and the last is that there are fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries every morning to go with my yogurt or cottage cheese.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgg said:

Brunch today from 10:00 - 12:30 with many choices. There have been carols and cookies. Christmas Eve dinner last night very crowded and loud. Food was mediocre. We're opting for Prime C tonight.

This all would have been more fun if you were here.

The best part of this cruise and the last is that there are fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries every morning to go with my yogurt or cottage cheese.

Maybe join us next year on Journey?! Would love to see you!