Luggage Tags

mauimary

Mine arrived this past Friday, exactly one month to the day before my December 5th cruise. 

When I got my eDocs via email, and also when they became visible in the Cruise Planner, the luggage tag(s) where on the very last page of the PDF.

Since I don’t have a printer at home, I’ll have to go to the local Staples since I also want several of these and in color. 

😎

Via email…

9C0F36E6-FA6D-467A-A695-C7F02ED3F705.jpeg

And on the Cruise Planner…

8F6B1A49-69D8-4F3A-981E-D5B0B16AF2DD.jpeg

Edited by matt1

There is a page at the last page of the edocs.  Print as many as you want/need.  We do 2 per checked bag. I also have plastic holders.  Before we got the holders, if we were flying i would borrow a stapler at the hotel to attach before checking out and heading to the ship.  

20 minutes ago, matt1 said:

Mine arrived this past Friday, exactly one month to the day before my December 5th cruise. 

When I got my eDocs via email, and also when they became visible in the Cruise Planner, the luggage tag(s) where on the very last page of the PDF.

Since I don’t have a printer at home, I’ll have to go to the local Staples since I also want several of these and in color. 

😎

Via email…

9C0F36E6-FA6D-467A-A695-C7F02ED3F705.jpeg

23 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

There is a page at the last page of the edocs.  Print as many as you want/need.  We do 2 per checked bag. I also have plastic holders.  Before we got the holders, if we were flying i would borrow a stapler at the hotel to attach before checking out and heading to the ship.  

We are now 1.5 wks from sailing and do not have them!  Looked on cruise planner and do not see them. 

And on the Cruise Planner…

8F6B1A49-69D8-4F3A-981E-D5B0B16AF2DD.jpeg

33 minutes ago, loman said:

I print mine and then show the porter at the dock and he makes up the tags for me.

I give him 5 bucks for two bags and watch him smile as he puts my bags on the trolley.

I print our luggage tags at home, put them on the luggage at the pre cruise hotel, hand our tagged luggage over to the porter, followed by the tip. He smiles as he puts our luggage on the cart as he has one less thing he has to do. 🤣

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I print our luggage tags at home, put them on the luggage at the pre cruise hotel, hand our tagged luggage over to the porter, followed by the tip. He smiles as he puts our luggage on the cart as he has one less thing he has to do. 🤣

Yes.  Often a shorter line if your tags already on your bags.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heymarco said:

The people replying on this form are fond of the nostalgic memories of doing their own luggage tags, similar to how people got a paper airplane ticket in the mail back in the day.

The actual correct answer is that you are not expected to do anything for a luggage tag these days. Tell the porter your cabin number and your bags will arrive in your room. Cheers!

Sorry, don't agree.  I like extra tags on bags and don't want to wait while the busy porters have to tag my luggage.   They don't always do a good job putting those tags.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

The people replying on this form are fond of the nostalgic memories of doing their own luggage tags, similar to how people got a paper airplane ticket in the mail back in the day.

Wait, WHAT? They’ve done away with airplane paper tickets?!?!? Gasp, the horror. 😳

https://youtu.be/_D6SU0HONSw

😎

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Sorry, don't agree.  I like extra tags on bags and don't want to wait while the busy porters have to tag my luggage.   They don't always do a good job putting those tags.  

Definitely agree. There’s also that sort of thrill going through the process of folding and slotting the printed tags into their plastic holders, then securing it to your luggage. It’s like one of the big milestones on the check-off list: 

LUGGAGE TAGS - Check 🎉

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, matt1 said:

Definitely agree. There’s also that sort of thrill going through the process of folding and slotting the printed tags into their plastic holders, then securing it to your luggage. It’s like one of the big milestones on the check-off list: 

LUGGAGE TAGS - Check 🎉

Agree 100%, this is one of today’s projects3FF446ED-7657-4B0A-8407-D331F7F7517B.thumb.jpeg.20b5c4dce22fdf938097fb924729e796.jpeg

• Like 9

I love taking my printed, full color, glorious luggage paper tickets into work and hanging them on the giant cork bulletin board above my desk for a few days - just reminding everybody there that they’re NOT going on a cruise. LOL 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Exactly this ^.   🙂 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Yup, one on the top, one on the side.  Learned from experience how fun it is when your single tag gets torn off.  😮  

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Disagree , they have always done a splendid job with the tags , as he is a professional and has the tag thing down to an art. And the fiver speaks for itself.😃

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, loman said:

Disagree , they have always done a splendid job with the tags , as he is a professional and has the tag thing down to an art. And the fiver speaks for itself.😃

My sister did that once.  Porter printed out her tags for her.   HIs scribble was almost unreadable as he was in such a hurry, or he just had bad handwriting.  Cabin attendants had a tough time reading his writing trying to get her bag to her cabin.  

I have since trained her to do it my way.  And I have had many porters thank me for having the nice neat, color printed tags on my bag in the plastic sleeve.  And yes...I still tip them. 

But...hey...what do I know.  Just a newbie.  😉   It's just all personal preference.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, loman said:

I think for every situation - for every ship, for every porter, and for every port of embarkation - it’s going to be different. I can only imagine the porters standing at Cape Liberty in the dead of winter when it’s 10° outside and the wind blowing, that they are grateful to those who have already put on their luggage tags, and that they don’t have to remove their thick winter gloves and pull out a marker to write out the passenger’s information. 

😎

Edited by matt1
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

My sister did that once.  Porter printed out her tags for her.   HIs scribble was almost unreadable as he was in such a hurry, or he just had bad handwriting.  Cabin attendants had a tough time reading his writing trying to get her bag to her cabin.  

I have since trained her to do it my way.  And I have had many porters thank me for having the nice neat, color printed tags on my bag in the plastic sleeve.  And yes...I still tip them. 

But...hey...what do I know.  Just a newbie.  😉 

Newbie, now that's funny. 😂

Agree. And we always get our luggage before we head to the DL for pre dinner HH. 🍷 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2