Covid insurance

watercruise

1 hour ago, tipsygirl said:

We have a Medjet policy that covers medical evacuation and medical care for illness when traveling including Covid, for an annual fee. They do not cover being quarantined,but not in need of medical care.

You have a MJA policy that covers "medical care for illness"?

What is the name of that policy type?  I know they have several "types" of policies, but I didn't know that any included medical care.

Thanks.

GC

Ditto for PhD-iva's recommendation for Steve and his crew at the Trip Insurance Store.  I just finished our purchase from them today.  Make a list of all your Covid/Health questions.  They have been more than helpful to us, especially navigating some of our own personal needs.

One thing I did learn from them:  Since we did not purchase within 20 days of our deposit, we will not be covered if the cruise line defaults.  Hope is not a plan.  Will be relying on prayers going forward.

Katie

On 11/10/2021 at 12:48 PM, GeezerCouple said:

You have a MJA policy that covers "medical care for illness"?

What is the name of that policy type?  I know they have several "types" of policies, but I didn't know that any included medical care.

Thanks.

GC

We have the MedJet Horizon insurance.

15 minutes ago, tipsygirl said:

We have the MedJet Horizon insurance.

I didn't notice that among the extra services for the Horizon level membership. and I don't seem to be able to find it.  Could you copy and paste a bit, or give a link?  That would be very good to know.

Many thanks!

GC

On 11/10/2021 at 11:08 AM, KatieBelle said:

Ditto for PhD-iva's recommendation for Steve and his crew at the Trip Insurance Store.  I just finished our purchase from them today.  Make a list of all your Covid/Health questions.  They have been more than helpful to us, especially navigating some of our own personal needs.

One thing I did learn from them:  Since we did not purchase within 20 days of our deposit, we will not be covered if the cruise line defaults.  Hope is not a plan.  Will be relying on prayers going forward.

Katie

Your credit card should cover you if a cruise line defaults..Thats why you NEVER pay cash..

Jancruz1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tipsygirl said:

If you go to medjetassist.com you can find the details.

7 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Thank you.

I already mentioned that I had looked and could not find anything under the Horizon plan that included medical care.

GC

I've just called MedJetAssist, as coverage for medical care would be great.

However, they state that they absolutely do NOT provide this type of insurance on the Horizon plan.  The rep I spoke with told me that the closest thing they have is something like a cash advance to help you pay for medical care.  (I didn't go into detail, because we are not looking for anything like that.)

IF you can provide a link or quote, I'd be happy to call them back, as we are very interested in this, if it exists.

[And if you can't provide a link or direct quote from their website, then...???]

GC

2 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

However, they state that they absolutely do NOT provide this type of insurance on the Horizon plan.  The rep I spoke with told me that the closest thing they have is something like a cash advance to help you pay for medical care.  (I didn't go into detail, because we are not looking for anything like that.)

IF you can provide a link or quote, I'd be happy to call them back, as we are very interested in this, if it exists.

[And if you can't provide a link or direct quote from their website, then...???]

GC

2 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

GC

The medical care provided by MedJet is for medical evacuation, not medical costs. If you are hospitalized for Covid or any other medical reason they can arrange a secure transport to  your hospital of choice back home.They can advance up to $50,000 for medical care, but it is a loan until you can get reimbursed by whatever health insurance policy you have.

On 11/12/2021 at 4:33 PM, tipsygirl said:

The medical care provided by MedJet is for medical evacuation, not medical costs. If you are hospitalized for Covid or any other medical reason they can arrange a secure transport to  your hospital of choice back home.They can advance up to $50,000 for medical care, but it is a loan until you can get reimbursed by whatever health insurance policy you have.

Read their fine print, it depends on the country you are in, the country you are returning to, the status of your illness, and all the rules applying to the above.

Medjet also does not cover medical evacuation that is not hospital to hospital. So unless you are taken to a hospital following illness or accident while away from home AND require hospital care near your home which they can transfer you to, Medjet evacuation coverage doesn't work.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:55 AM, watercruise said:

We are required to have Covid medical insurance to enter Chile. Any recommendations?  Thank you

Why are you all talking about Medical Evacuation insurance...

Chile requires Medical Insurance for 30K minimum and insurance that will cover costs of quarantine. 

To the OP.  It does not require Med Evac and Med Evac insurance will not be acceptable.

As stated -- contact a reputable insurance agent like Tripinsurancestore.com and they can steer you in the right direction.

We also use tripinsurancestore.com for travel insurance for all our trips. I just purchased insurance for a trip starting in Argentina through them. Argentina also requires COVID medical coverage and I was assured by Kim that all the companies they recommend treat COVID as any other illness.

• 5 weeks later...
  •  

We are on a cruise to Chile next month and have just been told by Oceania that they are supplying Covid insurance to guests at no charge. This is from the email I received. 

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

We want to provide you with an important update to your upcoming voyage aboard Marina to South America.

As Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay have established very specific insurance regulations for entering travelers that have caused concern for many of you, we are pleased to inform you that Oceania Cruises has acquired the necessary coverage for all guests, of all nationalities.

This coverage will be provided to you, free of charge, compliments of Oceania Cruises, to ensure your peace of mind. 

This coverage will meet or surpass all currently established insurance requirements for Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay. If you hold a current travel insurance policy, this policy will provide you with coverage above and beyond what you currently hold. 

The policy is via AON-Affinity and includes up to $50,000 USD coverage for Emergency Accident Medical Expenses and for Emergency Sickness Medical Expenses and most importantly, covers Covid-19 related treatment if required. 

There is No Action Required on your part, Oceania Cruises will acquire the coverage for you, free of charge, as noted above. You will then receive an email notification from our Special Services department that contains your enrollment confirmation, which provides a link to certificate of coverage and the policy information.

Edited by firsttimers68
  • Thanks 1