Speculation - Black Friday 2021 Specials??

Cruisegoer

Hello,

Pre-pandemic Celebrity would regularly have discount promotions on drink packages/upgrades.  I was wondering if anyone else might speculate whether Celebrity may offer a Classic to Premium drink package upgrade for Black Friday? On the same note, I'm curious if any shore excursions will be on sale for the holiday sale?

3 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Hello,

Pre-pandemic Celebrity would regularly have discount promotions on drink packages/upgrades.  I was wondering if anyone else might speculate whether Celebrity may offer a Classic to Premium drink package upgrade for Black Friday? On the same note, I'm curious if any shore excursions will be on sale for the holiday sale?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lovrccl said:

I just saw that Norwegian is having a Black Friday sale, 70 percent off a second guest. Plus many other goodies! 

Now that would be truly sweet of X offered the same 70% off 2nd guest. That would be at least another $500 off our Nov 2022 cruise. Heck, it might be enough to finally beat our group rate on our Aug 2022 Alaska cruise. 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just watching a Blog on why Black Friday may not be best time to book.  Worth a watch.

He makes a very valid point, waiting doesn't necessarily guarantee a better price. As an example I just looked up one of the bookings we have for 2022 and the last S3 cabin is now priced higher than an S2 

I think a lot of the allure of Black Friday in the past was the $25 deposit that a lot of people took advantage. I remember a lot of people bragging here on CC that they had no intention of actually going on most of them all and would just cancel just before final payment and get their $25 deposit back.

11 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

He makes a very valid point, waiting doesn't necessarily guarantee a better price. As an example I just looked up one of the bookings we have for 2022 and the last S3 cabin is now priced higher than an S2 

I think a lot of the allure of Black Friday in the past was the $25 deposit that a lot of people took advantage. I remember a lot of people bragging here on CC that they had no intention of actually going on most of them all and would just cancel just before final payment and get their $25 deposit back.

Now -- who would do something like that (hmm... looking up to ceiling).   I kept many of mine but it really allowed me to pick up some good cabins.     They often thrown in a low deposit promotion during Wave Week also.    As he suggested this is probably the best time to buy (if anything is available).  My biggest problem right now is most of the longer cruises are sold out in most classes.

45 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I kept many of mine but it really allowed me to pick up some good cabins.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to single out anyone in particular, as I know there were a lot of people like you that cruise a lot.🙂 With any luck, 2022 will be the start of us taking multiple cruises a year. 🙂 My issue back then was with those that were tying up a lot of cabins and were admitting they had no intention of taking more than 1 or 2 cruises (if that). I am one of those that constantly keeps an eye on pricing and will take advantage of the fact we can reprice. Right now I'm waiting for X to release the Fall/Winter 2023 Caribbean schedule so we can start planning.

On 11/11/2021 at 7:39 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Just watching a Blog on why Black Friday may not be best time to book.  Worth a watch.

I'm not looking to book a sailing with a Black Friday promo, I'm wondering if the cruise lines will be offering any amenities sales to those already booked (discounted drink packages, sales on shore excursions, etc).

3 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

I'm not looking to book a sailing with a Black Friday promo, I'm wondering if the cruise lines will be offering any amenities sales to those already booked (discounted drink packages, sales on shore excursions, etc).

I think there is a good possibility but I don't believe anyone except Celebrity Marketing know for sure.   Like suggested if there is a current promotion in place book it and call to reprice or cancel and re-book at best price.   At least you lock in best price so far.

I don't have any knowledge but almost every company offers some type of Black Friday promo.

59 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

hmmm... isn't that the same promo we have had for the past months -  except for it being called Black Friday sale.    Looks like Celebrity's normal Shell Game in lieu of a real sale.

It's the same promo, but I'm wondering if the OBC is the Black Friday "sale"? 

It would be great to see discounts but I don't think I'll find something better than my current price for Spain / Portugal.

I'm waiting for a cruise that's not on the calendar (South America).  I wish I could find a discount. 

12 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Jim this would be in addition to the Indulge OBC for booking a suite.  $300 extra OBC per cabin on 10 night or longer from Celebrity.   Right?

The one I booked last week for a SS on a 11 night cruise   with the promotional 2nd guest 1/2 price it included an OBC  of $400 pp (total $800)   I got an additional $300 OBC using a Cruise Certificate I booked while on my last cruise.

image.thumb.png.c35f2c6cd905e4690c450efbb0dbc044.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

hmmm... isn't that the same promo we have had for the past months -  except for it being called Black Friday sale.    Looks like Celebrity's normal Shell Game in lieu of a real sale.

I thought the current one was 30% off not 50%? 
I usually let my TA pay attention to sales and discounts

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The one I booked last week for a SS on a 11 night cruise   with the promotional 2nd guest 1/2 price it included an OBC  of $400 pp (total $800)   I got an additional $300 OBC using a Cruise Certificate I booked while on my last cruise.

image.thumb.png.c35f2c6cd905e4690c450efbb0dbc044.png

Yea  I wonder if the Black Friday sale would be able to be combined with the onboard booking OBC.  If so that would be another $300 OBC.   They may really restrict to new bookings as well.   It's all a marketing game

40 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yea  I wonder if the Black Friday sale would be able to be combined with the onboard booking OBC.  If so that would be another $300 OBC.   They may really restrict to new bookings as well.   It's all a marketing game

I read on a TAs FB page that Nov 23 is the Celebrity black Friday sale. ???

So instead of reducing the price, they're going to offer onboard credit. The onboard credit will only be for new bookings between 11/23/2021 - 11/30/2021. If the Cruise Price goes down, you can request a price adjustment to your current booking, but with the Black Friday Offer, you'd need to cancel and loose or receive FCC for your non-refundable deposit in order to rebook to receive the onboard credit. This seems like a sneaky way to get around having to honor their Price Guaranteed Policy.   

Edited by HBDave

I received an email today from Azamara announcing their 'Black Friday +Cyber Monday Event' starting today for two weeks. Maybe a Celebrity sale is coming soon.

On another note, a cruise that I have watching for several weeks dropped $400 last night. When I checked it again this morning, it was back up to the previous price.