Binoculars Aqua class

yayoye

I am sailing on the Summit in 2 days.  Some YouTube videos indicate that Celebrity supplies binoculars in the Aqua class cabins.  Is that still true?  I am considering leaving mine at home if so.  Any recent info, i.e. since the start of sailing this year,  would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, yayoye said:

I am sailing on the Summit in 2 days.  Some YouTube videos indicate that Celebrity supplies binoculars in the Aqua class cabins.  Is that still true?  I am considering leaving mine at home if so.  Any recent info, i.e. since the start of sailing this year,  would be much appreciated.

Even the binoculars in top suites are fairly limited, we always bring our own…

2 hours ago, yayoye said:

The binoculars are very small and kind of useless. We bring our own.

• Like 1

Just off the Summit in Aqua class.  Yes binoculars are provided but they are small and kind of useless as others have said.   I've tried using them to view something I saw in the water (maybe 500m out) and (1) it was pretty hard to find it through the binoculars, and (2) when I did find it, the magnification wasn't so great that I could determine what it was.

Oh, you are going to love sailing on the Summit -- the ship and crew were great.  

Edited by TickledBlue

Agree with others.   The binoculars in AQ are almost the quality of a children's set.   I was please recently in SS and above they have upgrade them to some nice regular size ones.   Not great but better than the toy ones.

On 11/11/2021 at 3:30 PM, Northern Aurora said:

We spent two weeks in a SS1 on the revolutionized Millennium in September, and the binoculars were not upgraded.  We always take our own.

Interesting -   we were in an accessible SS2 on Millennium,  just after you and we had a nice pair of Bosch full size binoculars

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting -   we were in an accessible SS2 on Millennium,  just after you and we had a nice pair of Bosch full size binoculars

Perhaps the last occupants forgot to pack them!

We were in the PH on Silhouette in September and there were binoculars but not good ones…No big deal from past experience we had taken our own.

Could be as binoculars wear out or ‘disappear’ they are replacing them with upgraded ones. That definitely would be a plus.

Perhaps this is one of those threads that needs longevity….

• 2 years later...

You are much better off bringing your own.  The ones they supply look like a prize from a Cracker Jack's box!

Quick story.  Way back when you could still smoke on your balcony, I always liked to end my evening with a cigar and I would scan the horizon with my binoculars.  That particular evening there was another cruise ship on a course parallel to us.  As I stood there, cigar in hand, I scanned the balconies of our "shadow" ship.  What did I see?  There was another guy, cigar in hand, with binoculars checking out our ship!  I tried to wave my arms to get his attention but he never saw me!  

Anyway, bring your own!

Elvis