Sorry another Southampton hotel question

Presto2

Well, had a look at our hotel bookings on Accor.  Both our Dolphin bookings are still showing, so 🤞.  Tried a dummy booking for our dates for next month and Feb, both show no availability across all the Accor hotels (Dolphin, both Ibis, Novotel) for our dates.  The December one was like that a few weeks ago, but it is Christmas party time so was simply pleased we had booked early at a good rate.

Thanks again for the heads up Andy.  Forewarned is forearmed and all that.  Might do a cancellable booking elsewhere just in case Accor haven't got round to updating what's happening.  Grrrrr

• Like 1

I'm not sure what is happening in June 2021, but before our cruise to Iceland, PI (West Quay) is £131!  This seems like the best option  as Holiday Inn- approx £300 without parking! Have used Dolphin before, noisy but convenient. However contract for refugees may be extended? And who knows after that. 

Must investigate some new  places. 

Found the Southampton Echo article.  Basically, people who have already have bookings will be sent to a nearby hotel, no further details.

Will be pleased if it's Novotel.  Not so pleased if Ibis Budget.  Somewhere in the middle re Ibis.

Cheapest I've found elsewhere so far is mid £90s....

12 hours ago, rumbalizw said:

Agree. We have in the past stayed in Basingstoke, and more than once ,Fleet, a 50 minute drive into Southampton.  Had a Miller and Carter next door and one of those drive thru Starbucks.

Next May, I've stumbled upon "New Place" ,a country manor style hotel and wedding venue . It's in Fareham, 30 minutes from Southampton. I booked yesterday,through Booking dot com for just £74 b&b 😲. I'd looked at reviews and the best deal came up while I was reading them . There's a restaurant and bar meals ,reasonable ish  prices though menu looks limited , or a pub round the corner,,for more choice for food  . 

The New Place Hotel is lovely, the main house and grounds are beautiful. 

I'm sure you will have a nice stay. 

Andy 

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 8:28 PM, AndyMichelle said:

The New Place Hotel is lovely, the main house and grounds are beautiful. 

I'm sure you will have a nice stay. 

Andy 

Check with the hotel as to the size of the bed in a standard (small) room before booking it, as the hotel may be still calling a 4ft wide bed a “double” within their blurb.  When the bed should be classified as a “small double”.  Also, when one has a complete set of cruise luggage in the standard room, the floor space disappears.

9 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Check with the hotel as to the size of the bed in a standard (small) room before booking it, as the hotel may be still calling a 4ft wide bed a “double” within their blurb.  When the bed should be classified as a “small double”.  Also, when one has a complete set of cruise luggage in the standard room, the floor space disappears.

Thanks for the heads up ,might give them a call ,however, we'd leave the cruise luggage in the car

On 11/23/2021 at 7:39 AM, rumbalizw said:

Agree. We have in the past stayed in Basingstoke, and more than once ,Fleet, a 50 minute drive into Southampton.  Had a Miller and Carter next door and one of those drive thru Starbucks.

Next May, I've stumbled upon "New Place" ,a country manor style hotel and wedding venue . It's in Fareham, 30 minutes from Southampton. I booked yesterday,through Booking dot com for just £74 b&b 😲. I'd looked at reviews and the best deal came up while I was reading them . There's a restaurant and bar meals ,reasonable ish  prices though menu looks limited , or a pub round the corner,,for more choice for food  . 

We have used the New Place several times, we have had meals included with the park and cruise package on occasions, they are very good for long cruises as they have plenty of parking so are reasonably priced.

• Like 3

Hi everyone. Many thanks for all of the helpful suggestions and replies. I thought it fair to return and tell you what we decided to do having checked them ALL out and priced them all up for the dates we need.

Drum roll ......... and after all of the searching we decided ......

To go back to the Holiday Inn !!!!!! 🤣 😂 

Not what we were expecting, but your replies and ideas have helped us to decide that it is the best hotel for us at that time. The prices didn't differ much when we added meals and parking etc. (The joys of school holidays)

All we need now is to feel more comfortable about cruising on Iona in May and we are set to go .........................................

Thanks again everyone

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 2