Walgreens Testing Question

I think each state has it's own rules and regs regarding testing. so While in FL we can find Rapid Tests all over the place.  CVS, Walgreens, public health sites, private lab sites, airports,  In other states it's not that easy.

Best advice if things aren't readily available in your area is the BinaxNOW home test.

40 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

We've done the ID Now test at Walgreens twice - they didn't even ask for our insurance info and we were not charged.

But again... that's Florida.   Other states may be different.  We're being tested next week for our post Turkey Day cruise, but co-workers here are able to get CVS or Walgreens test at no charge for themselves or family at practically the day of request.    But our area is seeing a drastic drop in positive tests and vaccinated rates are increasing so we're not in the same crunch as back in August when school children had to get tested every time a class mate came down with Delta.

• Like 1

I’m in Florida.  Whether or not I enter symptoms/exposure, I do not see rapid antigen test (no ax now) available near me (closest that displays is VA).  I do see multiple locations for the NAAT (ID now, <24 hour TAT).  

Are other Floridians also seeing/booking  the Walgreens ID Now?  Or are other Floridians able get the rapid antigen test option as well?

I have the emed tests, but would like to know if Walgreens is a viable option too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Are other Floridians also seeing/booking  the Walgreens ID Now?  Or are other Floridians able get the rapid antigen test option as well?

I have the emed tests, but would like to know if Walgreens is a viable option too.

ID Now and had our results both times in an hour or less.  They say within 24 hours but most people report it's much quicker.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, packedandready said:

The CVS rapid antigen test is NOT available in our area. The information on Walgreens website state their results in about 24 hours. How long did your Walgreen results actually take? I'm trying to determine a back-up plan.

My husband and I did the ID Now test at Walgreens before our Celebrity cruise earlier this month. We had the results 20 minutes later. I got up in the middle of the night 5 days prior to make the first two appointments 9:30 and 9:45. So simple.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, packedandready said:

The CVS rapid antigen test is NOT available in our area. The information on Walgreens website state their results in about 24 hours. How long did your Walgreen results actually take? I'm trying to determine a back-up plan.

I got my results from Walgreens using ID Now in about 90 minutes; way sooner then the 24 hour turn round promised.  

The cruise lines do not seem to care that very difficult for passengers to get these test depending on where you live and the posts do you want to be honest and tell the truth telling the truth cost you a lot of money when the basic premise is you need the test to go on the trip or to see whether you are sick or not so why are they charging when they’re willing to give you the vaccine for free there seems to be a problem in this system. Personally I think the cruise line should be giving everyone the test the day of the cruise they can buy the test at such a volume and charge you a small fee after all you are going on their cruises and they are making money so they need to try to make it a heck of a lot easier for passengers and I don’t think they do at all.Meanwhile I’m stressing out for a cruise I’m about to go on and can’t get really excited about it until two days before when I go get the darn  test there needs to be a better how to handle this. If you’re having tests done for kids at the pier why can’t you have test on for adults it’s very inconsistent I need it to go on the cruise but when I go back from Bahamas and come back to United States I don’t need to test it needs to be one way or both ways or something everybody needs to get on the same damn page it’s too much and people are getting tired and disgusted and stressing people out on what supposed to be a nice vacation

This is a world wide pandemic. They do not want to charge you to get the vaccine

they want to charge you to get the test.Regardless of what you need the test results for travel employment to see if you’re sick whatever it should all be done for free after all nothing is for free in this country the taxpayers are paying for all of it the vaccines to for everyone so why not give everyone the darn and test for free?Companies are finding a way to make profit on this as usual so you’re penalized now if you want to go on vacation and you need to test to spend extra money

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

But again... that's Florida.   Other states may be different.  We're being tested next week for our post Turkey Day cruise, but co-workers here are able to get CVS or Walgreens test at no charge for themselves or family at practically the day of request.    But our area is seeing a drastic drop in positive tests and vaccinated rates are increasing so we're not in the same crunch as back in August when school children had to get tested every time a class mate came down with Delta.

Same in Missouri

20 hours ago, packedandready said:

We got our results back in about 1.5 hours. 

1 hour ago, goldengirl said:

If you’re having tests done for kids at the pier why can’t you have test on for adults it’s very inconsistent I need it to go on the cruise

Children (unvaccinated) have to be tested 3 days before AND at the pier on embarkation day.  Can you imagine the line for 3,000+ being tested on embarkation day?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, travelhound said:

Yikes 😳 

Try getting a rapid test at Walgreens or cvs with no car. I’m not getting a test done in a Lyft, can you imagine the poor driver?

I will order the proctor test but because I’m sailing after 1/15/2022 (CDC says they will stop monitoring ) not sure what RCL policy will be.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I'm in So. Cal. and the CVS/Walgreens here do not offer $0 cost Covid testing for travel. Why...is a big question....as I see in Florida and other states cruisers are stating it's easy to get the Antigen test for $0 for travel. In our local area rapid tests are $100-$150pp. 

For our upcoming cruise(s) we'll do the EMed monitored tests. Really curious why it's different with CVS/Walgreens in different parts of the US. 

I just recently got an antigen test in San Clemente at a CVS for free. Worth a drive? 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Try getting a rapid test at Walgreens or cvs with no car. I’m not getting a test done in a Lyft, can you imagine the poor driver?

I will order the proctor test but because I’m sailing after 1/15/2022 (CDC says they will stop monitoring ) not sure what RCL policy will be.

The CVS near us that administers the rapid antigen is not drive thru. They have what's called a Minute Clinic so you go inside. Our Walgreens says to contact them if you don't have a vehicle. I'm not sure what the option is but it's worth a call.

• Like 2

Just now, CruisinNole said:

The CVS near us that administers the rapid antigen is not drive thru. They have what's called a Minute Clinic so you go inside. Our Walgreens says to contact them if you don't have a vehicle. I'm not sure what the option is but it's worth a call.

Thank you so much I will call them.

25 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Yup, we are flying in 3 days early to Florida and will not have a car.  Hopefully RCL will reconsider these overly excessive protocols, especially for fully vaccinated passengers.

• Like 1

Florida folks, do you know if you have to be a Florida resident to make a test reservation at a Walgreens or CVS?  Do you suppose I could use the address/zip code of the hotel I'll be staying in?  I'm on a redeye flight that gets in to Miami at 10:40 a.m. the day before I leave on the cruise, so I'm hoping I can use that means as my Plan B.  I still have two at-home (proctored) tests, but want to save them in case I can't get tested onboard before the second part of my side-to-side.

1 minute ago, IRMO12HD said:

Florida folks, do you know if you have to be a Florida resident to make a test reservation at a Walgreens or CVS?  Do you suppose I could use the address/zip code of the hotel I'll be staying in?  I'm on a redeye flight that gets in to Miami at 10:40 a.m. the day before I leave on the cruise, so I'm hoping I can use that means as my Plan B.  I still have two at-home (proctored) tests, but want to save them in case I can't get tested onboard before the second part of my side-to-side.

We have loads of winter Floridians aka snowbirds who are Florida for months; I’m sure they get tested as needed.  SoI don’t think they will beat an eye at your out of state ID

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maitaivegas said:

some CVS stores in our area have a drive-through and some have a small room for walk-ups. When you are scheduling, it actually tells you which store has what option.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

Children (unvaccinated) have to be tested 3 days before AND at the pier on embarkation day.  Can you imagine the line for 3,000+ being tested on embarkation day?

I went on NCL which tests everyone for free. I would pay for a test to not have to endure that again! Testing times started at 9am but boarding wasn't until 11:30. A whole lot of lines and waiting. No thanks.

• Like 4