Playmakers etiquette

11 hours ago, acpalmer said:

That's disappointing to hear.  We are on the December 26th Oasis sailing and I know my husband and older son would love to watch some of the bowl games.  It's fine, we'll still have a great vacation, just was hoping to have that as an option.

If the bowl games are on ESPN or ESPN2 they will be available on the ship. Fortunately these channels broadcast a lot of bowl games. The problem with regular season college games is a lot of the top games are broadcast by one of the major networks, which means they aren’t available on ships since RCI no longer carries the major networks.  

8 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Pretty sure that game was on ESPN. But ESPN is not the end-all, be-all for college football. There's games on all 4 major networks, FS1, and I think at this point, every conference has their own network that airs games not picked up by anyone else.

Since you are apparently an Alabama fan, looks like next Saturday's Alabama vs. Ark game is on CBS. Not sure that will be watchable at Playmakers.

If the games are on the SEC network and ESPNU, it'll be on the ship (both at Playmakers and your cabin TV).   It's a coin flip if whatever games are on ESPN/ESPN2 will be shown.  Got to hope that soccer/cricket/tennis won't get precedence over college FB for those channels.

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

chicken croquettes?!?!?!?  Free Vector | Floating laughing emoji characters

I saw a picture posted of wings in playmakers and maybe some fried pickles with a caption they were sure good.

So they  might have some chicken .. wings. 

I thought the thread titled etiquette was about how to eat the wings and stuff could they use their fingers. Lol .. thread title didnt make me think football. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Stuart Suss said:

I will be on the Oasis.  I want to watch the football games at Playmakers on Sunday afternoon.

I do not have the unlimited dining package.  I do not want to pay for surcharged food or surcharged beverages.

1. If I sit down to watch the games and I decline to order any food or beverages, will they throw me out?

2. May I bring food and beverages from a non-surcharged dining venue into Playmakers with me?

3. Will I be able to request a non-surcharged beverage from the staff at Playmakers?

Thank you.

Even at home, I can't sit down in my easy chair, and watch 4 hours of football, without eating some sort of snack and a beer.  But yes, you can get a glass of water, in any bar on the ship, and not drink or eat. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mets123 said:

I guess not people like yourself who have  caviar and lobster on a daily basis. We common folk enjoy not so healthy every now and then.

I am emphasizing the word "buy" 

Not the food items themselves...

Think about it first before you respond..

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

I am emphasizing the word "buy" 

Not the food items themselves...

Think about it first before you respond..

See we were throwing out in-expensive items because we were sure you wouldn’t want to take a table that the waiter can be making tips on.

Think about it. 🥰

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I saw a picture posted of wings in playmakers and maybe some fried pickles with a caption they were sure good.

So they  might have some chicken .. wings. 

I thought the thread titled etiquette was about how to eat the wings and stuff could they use their fingers. Lol .. thread title didnt make me think football. 

I can not eat wings in public, some how the sauce gets every where lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Who goes on a cruise to buy bar-food and snacks??

Who goes on a cruise forum to always be rude?  I love bar food, I wish Playmakers was on Harmony.

1 hour ago, Maitaivegas said:

I can not eat wings in public, some how the sauce gets every where lol

That means you're doing it right. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, cindyscruise said:

Not sure I understood question 2 about the surcharged drinks.    I know they charge for the food but what is meant by the surcharged drinks?  Aren't the drinks just like at any other bar?  Can you use the drink package for this?  

He doesn't want to buy any drinks, not even a Coke. Yes, you can use your package.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

See we were throwing out in-expensive items because we were sure you wouldn’t want to take a table that the waiter can be making tips on.

Think about it. 🥰

Some people get their jollies complaining about other peoples posts,  matj2000 has a history of that.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, cindyscruise said:

Not sure I understood question 2 about the surcharged drinks.    I know they charge for the food but what is meant by the surcharged drinks?  Aren't the drinks just like at any other bar?  Can you use the drink package for this?  

Yes you can.

The OP appears to be unwilling to spend money yet wants prime seats in a pay venue.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

Was it on CBS? I’m a Georgia alum and am boarding the odyssey on the day of the SEC championship game. Was hoping to watch it at playmakers

I wish I could tell you, but I wasn’t paying attention to the station-sorry!  But my mom is friends with Vince Dooley...Should I have her call him and request that he make it happen? 😁

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 8:05 PM, matj2000 said:

Who goes on a cruise to buy bar-food and snacks??

Another question might be who goes on a cruise and wastes a day watching football... 😜

Edited by chaswelf
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaswelf said:

Another question might be who goes on a cruise and wastes a day watching football...

Different folks, different strokes..the different choices/venues are what makes cruises interesting to me..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chaswelf said:

Another question might be who goes on a cruise and wastes a day watching football... 😜

Maybe the same person who goes on a cruise hunker down on a secluded deck lounger to read a book.  Or book a cruise to sit elbow to elbow with 100s of their newest friends to get some sun.  Or goes on a cruise to shop for jewelry, watches and t-shirts......etc.

• Like 2