Live from the Sky Princess 11/20–12/4

KLM3164

26 minutes ago, hunt182644 said:

Crown Bar can do a Dunes for you had one tonite.

Thanks! I have been ordering the Dunes in the MDR and Take 5. Just wish I could order it through the app and have it delivered to my room.🤪

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 12:15 PM, shamrockace said:

I usually just monitor things myself. But the one time I brought it to their attention the first night, they only pointed out what had nuts, but gave no other options. With the medallion, maybe this will change. 

You must deal with your Head Waiter for the special service.  
The waiters don't deal with it. It has nothing to do with medallion.

Ask your waiter first night for the "Head Waiter for an allergy".  You'll hopefully experience a whole different world.  Every head waiter my daughter has dealt with has been excellent - about 10 years of annual cruises since her allergy appeared.  She really misses hazelnuts & nuttella!! 

She even checks with the head waiters in the buffet as they do double duty, or actually any head waiter up there will help too.  

We fill in the allergy section of the website personalizer, they email us, we give them details, they confirm and say the ship will be informed.  That is hit and miss.  But first night we talk to the Head waiter and everything is great from there.  

• Like 2

Another glorious morning on the Sky Princess. Once again enjoying watching the birds dive into the water looking for their next meal. I’m so glad we are staying on the ship for another week as I’m so not ready to go home.

Received additional information on the timing of our covid test tomorrow and when we will be walked off the ship to go through customs. We are planning to come right back onboard and not go out into FL tomorrow. 

After lunch in the MDR spent the day chilling at the pool. It’s been windy and overcast today and the water was a little cold so I just put the feet in and enjoyed a Malibu Sunrise at the edge of the pool. 

Farewell dinner in the MDR but luckily we don’t have to say goodbye to table 471 in the Cielo. Show tonight was Mike Mentz who put on another great performance.

Have to get up early tomorrow for the Covid test and hoping our party of 4 are all negative. Fingers crossed for all of us.🤞 

Wishing safe travels to everyone joining the ship tomorrow. She is beautiful!

Ciao for now!

3F26549F-CD6E-4641-A825-57BABE7817C3.jpeg

757AD287-BC08-4448-A8CA-8ACB8485CE9D.jpeg

EA1E2183-69B7-4CFE-AC03-572A7B216F07.jpeg

8FA80B4F-0102-4ADE-9901-BFDAB04E999F.jpeg

B33E98BF-4980-4D52-A1ED-EF939C21209E.jpeg

E91DDDAD-4884-4DA0-998A-B49A6032DF3C.jpeg

19886114-E50A-4870-BBF0-1C05E99B6F4A.jpeg

4E6681F4-1F59-49A8-B292-7469E328CBD9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kangelop said:

Does anyone know which terminal the ship is docked it?  I can't find the information anywhere.  Thanks.

All Royal Class ships will dock at #2, Princess main terminal.  If there are other Princess ships in port and they are not the larger Royal Class ships, they will usually be at #19.

I always check with the port website or call the harbormaster since we drive to the port and I want to know which locations the ship will be in at both ends of the voyage.

31 minutes ago, kangelop said:

Does anyone know which terminal the ship is docked it?  I can't find the information anywhere.  Thanks.

You can also consult the ship schedule, published 1 week in advance:  https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

On December 4, the Sky Princess is due to dock at terminal 21 and the Regal Princess at terminal 2.

• Like 1

We are back in Ft Lauderdale docked at Terminal 2 this morning. They started allowing the walk off passengers to disembark at 7:15 am. There are six cruise ships docked this morning including the Caribbean Princess. 

We got our Covid tests and then you are free to walk about the ship and they will only contact us if we are positive. We will walk off the ship at 9:30 as a group and then walk back on.

12391240-E075-4FF2-A2CC-96A0113F741E.jpeg

B7B61347-67D1-40CA-A98F-1ECE7D0AF623.jpeg

F7524D15-1A59-4A99-B8E8-2B2D5E45E344.jpeg

4BE0AB92-569F-4310-9047-E0064414B24F.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Another glorious morning on the Sky Princess. Once again enjoying watching the birds dive into the water looking for their next meal. I’m so glad we are staying on the ship for another week as I’m so not ready to go home.

Received additional information on the timing of our covid test tomorrow and when we will be walked off the ship to go through customs. We are planning to come right back onboard and not go out into FL tomorrow. 

After lunch in the MDR spent the day chilling at the pool. It’s been windy and overcast today and the water was a little cold so I just put the feet in and enjoyed a Malibu Sunrise at the edge of the pool. 

Farewell dinner in the MDR but luckily we don’t have to say goodbye to table 471 in the Cielo. Show tonight was Mike Mentz who put on another great performance.

Have to get up early tomorrow for the Covid test and hoping our party of 4 are all negative. Fingers crossed for all of us.🤞 

Wishing safe travels to everyone joining the ship tomorrow. She is beautiful!

Ciao for now!

EA1E2183-69B7-4CFE-AC03-572A7B216F07.jpeg

6 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

We are back in Ft Lauderdale docked at Terminal 2 this morning. They started allowing the walk off passengers to disembark at 7:15 am. There are six cruise ships docked this morning including the Caribbean Princess. 

We got our Covid tests and then you are free to walk about the ship and they will only contact us if we are positive. We will walk off the ship at 9:30 as a group and then walk back on.

Thank you, once again, for sharing this information. We are SO looking forwarding to boarding 1 week from today! 

14 minutes ago, capriccio said:

You can also consult the ship schedule, published 1 week in advance:  https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

On December 4, the Sky Princess is due to dock at terminal 21 and the Regal Princess at terminal 2.

Beat me to it, thank you. 😉  

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
add multi-quote

51 minutes ago, mrselhombre said:

We board this morning. After all this time, so excited to be back cruising. Two weeks to look forward to. 

Welcome aboard! If you feel like sharing please post photos and any experiences you’d like to share with others. I always enjoy reading about others experiences onboard the ship.

KLM3164

Again thanks for all of your posts and information.  Especially thankful for you walking us through the B2B COVID-19 Testing process along with the official notifications Princess provided you.  It is really giving us incite on what our Christmas/New Years cruise on the Sky.

Safe travels and hope to see you around the promenade someday!

Cheers

• Like 1

So here’s how the walk off process went for us today. All in-transit guests not going ashore met in the Soleil dining room at 9:30. At 9:45 we were told to proceed to the terminal where we had our faces scanned and then we were told to have a seat and wait to go back on the ship. At 10:42 they announced the ship was cleared and they would start letting people back onboard. The people in wheelchairs go on first. Then people who are standing will go next. Finally people who are seated in the lounge chairs will go last. For what it’s worth it doesn’t pay to be one of the first people off the ship as you will be in the seated section and last to get back onboard. If I’d known this we would have been at the end of the line to get off and then we would have been in the standing group. We each have a blue slip that says “testing complete in-transit guest”. We’ve been told to keep this slip of paper in hand as we proceed back onboard. In the end no one asked for our slip of paper to get back onboard. We officially walked back on the ship at 11:03 am.

This process took way longer than I expected but I guess it’s because there are 436 in-transit guests. My past experience with B2B cruises there were less than 20 people who were continuing on another week.

We are now in Bellini’s having our first drink of the second week of cruising. A drink called the Tropical Bellini. 

Ciao for now!

AA9C0DCE-1533-45EB-B000-94AFD0D06A13.jpeg

Edited by KLM3164
  • Like 3

We had a wonderful 1st Princess cruise on the Sky and can’t wait to cruise Princess again. Sorry I stopped posting, it just got very annoying to type up a post and it not work. Then to clear cookies, login again, re-post and it still not work. So I gave up. Hope all those doing a back-to-back or embarking today have a great cruise! We just picked up our dogs from the sitter and are home now to watch some college football. 

16ABC8B8-D78C-4E26-93A0-528BFE45F862.jpeg

757BE268-2DDD-4C1A-A665-EB1165F0F3EC.jpeg

0AD6D86A-C388-405C-9197-A44FF6D05ED5.jpeg

1CB74929-29E6-4A70-B481-00C04FD9FE8F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1