Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales??? Anyone know

VacationCharlene

Happy to report that my TA was able to get this for 3 out of my 5 upcoming sailings! One of the other two was not included in the promotion and the other one had a significant price increase so it didn't make sense to update. 

• Like 2

For any lurkers, because of the Black Friday sale my big box TA showed a price reduction of $100 for my Verandah booking and $40 for my inside booking, and they were able to give me that.  Took 2 hours of waiting on the phone, but saved $140.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PACD_JG said:

For any lurkers, because of the Black Friday sale my big box TA showed a price reduction of $100 for my Verandah booking and $40 for my inside booking, and they were able to give me that.  Took 2 hours of waiting on the phone, but saved $140.

Ugggggg, you are much more patient than I am.  This is why I don't want to deal with mega TA's.  You more than earned that $140!

Researched the two cruises we have planned for 2023 and shot an email to our PCC. He called us today with the sad news that they are not included in the Black Friday Sale. Oh well, back to the original plan of booking them onboard our cruise in 1-1/2 weeks.

While he was on the phone though, he did check our cruise December 5,  our cruise January 16 plus the two in September and October. With all four we have better prices/perks than would qualify with the Black Friday Sale.  He did comment that the next sale will be President's Day and that HAL is possibly  anticipating attrition to occur. That would mean better sale prices for our Fall cruises. 

• Like 1

No luck with my 2022 Oosterdam cruise, we already have all the freebies from earlier promotion and we booked from a FCC onboard so our deposit was $200 and the price for our SS is $400 higher than when we booked. This is no real sale. No deal for us.

13 hours ago, canadianbear said:

He explained the price has gone up a lot since we booked so not worth it just to add wifi.  Oh well.  

I missed that one! Too bad. I guess that is why they won't allow for a change. I just had them increase my fare by $30 on one booking as I come out ahead with the gratuities. On another booking we saved almost $700 plus the gratuities but I also have a couple where there was a significant price increase or not included in the sale at all. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

He did comment that the next sale will be President's Day and that HAL is possibly  anticipating attrition to occur. That would mean better sale prices for our Fall cruises. 

Thanks for passing along that bit of news.......Does the comment "anticipating attrition" mean cancellations?

I have been working with HAL now for over an hour. Turns out not all cruises listed on HAL's web page as "Black Friday" cruises actually qualify as Black Friday cruises. So be very careful and confirm what is included before booking! For instance, 8Apr2023 Nieuw Statendam is listed under Black Friday, but HAL is telling me and my TA that cruise doesn't qualify for the Black Friday perks....even though it's listed.

Hopefully I can find someone at HAL who can get mess straightened out....I doubt the one cruise I checked is the only one that is on their page that is NOT a Black Friday fared cruise. Buyer Beware!😪

I will update if things change..............

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I have been working with HAL now for over an hour. Turns out not all cruises listed on HAL's web page as "Black Friday" cruises actually qualify as Black Friday cruises. So be very careful and confirm what is included before booking! For instance, 8Apr2023 Nieuw Statendam is listed under Black Friday, but HAL is telling me and my TA that cruise doesn't qualify for the Black Friday perks....even though it's listed.

Hopefully I can find someone at HAL who can get mess straightened out....I doubt the one cruise I checked is the only one that is on their page that is NOT a Black Friday fared cruise. Buyer Beware!😪

I will update if things change..............

It’s your browser hiding the “Black Friday label which clearly indicates a cruise eligible for the promo.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

Just got a quote from our TA and we are good to go...she said "because of Black Friday, the HAL phone lines have crashed so I'll have to call in your "welcome back" promo OBC later"....

....That's a good sign....I hope lots of folks are getting back on a 'dam ship.

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

The listing needs to have the "Black Friday SALE' icon in the upper left hand corner to be considered for the sale. The 1Apr2023 Nieuw Statendam is an example. That listing does show the icon. The website shows all 649 listings.

Let me attempt to rephrase what I see as the problem. At least with Firefox, which is the browser I use, one won't see that Black Friday logo....even for the cruises where it should. It's either a problem with HAL's code, or a problem with Firefox (and possibly other browsers).

The point I was trying to make was simply to encourage folks to verify you will be getting the Black Friday price. I did download and install Chrome on my PC and it sort of works correctly. However, one can still display "Black Friday" cruises, but unless there is a small "Black Friday logo" on the map it's NOT a Black Friday cruise. I think that's confusing, and the HAL agent to whom I spoke agreed.

Here's an example. Click on Black Friday Sale on the HAL home page. Then click on April 2023 for the departure date. Below is the screen you'll see. Notice that one cruise has Black Friday on the map, the other does not; even though the "View Results for Black Friday Sale" appears as the header to this page. I think that is confusing and ought be be noticed by anyone considering booking a cruise with the Black Friday princes.

'Nuff said. That's it for me, leaving the thread now. Ya'll have a good day.😎

Doug

logo2.JPG

• Like 1