We need two beds, one larger than a twin. Also, we will need accessible since we need higher toilets .Options?

mark46

I am not sure what you are asking for. You need two beds, one a standard twin and one something larger?  Is that right?

I don’t believe that any of the beds are larger than a twin.  A state room comes with two of them.

They push the two twins together to make one larger one (approximately a queen).

• Like 1

mark46-

It seems that this may be your first cruise.

Most major cruise lines have twin beds that can be put together to make a queen size bed in most of the. cabin categories.

That being said, you may consider a cabin that has a sofa bed which the steward will make up before bedtime. That bed may be a bit larger than a standard twin.

You may also consider booking a family cabin or a two bedroom suite. Both may offer accommodations that you are considering.

The best way to check about bed size and availability would be to call Celebrity and discuss your needs.

• Thanks 1

You could get a (probably) balcony room that has a sleep sofa.  Twin beds pushed together to make large bed; sleep sofa approximately full/queen size.

If you need a higher toilet, you may need an accessible room - had one once (booked a balcony guarantee and was given a huge handicap accessible room)

Sofa beds in the suite cabins we have had (CS, RS and PH) have all been queen size. The snag is when out they are lower than a standard bed so if you struggle with toilet height you may struggle to get up and down comfortably.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mduffy1834 said:

You could get a (probably) balcony room that has a sleep sofa.  Twin beds pushed together to make large bed; sleep sofa approximately full/queen size.

If you need a higher toilet, you may need an accessible room - had one once (booked a balcony guarantee and was given a huge handicap accessible room)

Standard balcony cabin sleeper sofas are generally barely twin size, let alone full or queen.  Suite sofa beds are larger.

I recently had a Suite Guarantee and got an Accessible Sky Suite on an M-Class-    The room is larger that a normal SS.   The room has 2 Singles and I believe are more  narrow than a  U.S Single (39x75").  When put together it measure that of a U.S. Queen Bed (60x80").    My adjustable bed at home has two Twin XL (extra Long) and the two bed together are a King Bed (76x80).    that can either be configured as a Queen or two singles.   The beds have  curved corners at the  base so is a  bit shorter on the edges.

While the room does have a higher toilet the shower can be a bit of a challenge as there is no curb and water goes everywhere.   We had to roll up towels and form a shower dike   Felt sorry for the  extra work for our Stateroom Attendant.

Edited by Jim_Iain

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

While the room does have a higher toilet the shower can be a bit of a challenge as there is no curb and water goes everywhere.   We had to roll up towels and form a shower dike   Felt sorry for the  extra work for our Stateroom Attendant.

I've always worried about that.  I remember getting water all over the floor in the new AQ cabins on deck 11 on M class ships, even though they had shower doors and a raised lip.  Problem was the shower doors did not close completely.  I note that the new Explora ships have an ingenious design to deal with that--a drain system built into the floor all around the shower like the drain system we have on our pool deck.  I don't have a handicapped cabin on that ship, but it seems like a good solution to the problem.

On 11/23/2021 at 11:27 AM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've always worried about that.  I remember getting water all over the floor in the new AQ cabins on deck 11 on M class ships, even though they had shower doors and a raised lip.  Problem was the shower doors did not close completely.  I note that the new Explora ships have an ingenious design to deal with that--a drain system built into the floor all around the shower like the drain system we have on our pool deck.  I don't have a handicapped cabin on that ship, but it seems like a good solution to the problem.

I've done a lot of design work on bathrooms and found a great disability site.   They often recommend a water dam.   It blocks water and a wheelchair can just roll over it.  As opposed to our towel dam 

image.png.7b6824b02536d135e66260ae3aec8400.png

5828308B-DEF0-4CC1-A8E7-73F5071F32BD.thumb.jpeg.e2d6b26ccbb1d71aa788c92844e0879c.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain