Bread pudding

7 minutes ago, 78232 said:

On our last cruise, prior to covid, I asked the staff for bread pudding and it appeared.  It was not sitting out with all the other desserts.  Was that the situation on the Eurodam?

Marcia 

It was at the Sweet spot in Lido.  It was not on display as the display case is for chilled desserts, but was open to see on the counter behind the server.  

• Like 1

Last week on the Rotterdam it was at the opposite end of the Sweet Spot ice cream bar where all the bread stuff is. (They also had some sugar free pie and cake there).  There was vanilla and chocolate

bread puddings.  I think they changed their recipe a few years ago because it just doesn't seem to taste as good for some reason.  Maybe they stopped putting vanilla in the sauce or maybe my taste has changed.

• Like 1

Enjoyed bread pudding in the lido at lunch several times (probably too many times) on the Rotterdam last month....as delicious as it has always been....Was glad to see it again and it's one of our favorite Holland America desserts!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Woofbite said:

Last week on the Rotterdam it was at the opposite end of the Sweet Spot ice cream bar where all the bread stuff is.

I remembered the location on Koningsdam just after I posted about the Eurodam location.  As far as I remember (it could be a hallucination from too much sugar!😉) bread pudding was available during breakfast, lunch and dinner times at the Lido bread station.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Oh, boy.  Can't wait.  Now, if only they'd reintroduce chocolate bread pudding. . .  I can dream, right?

The white chocolate bread pudding was the best that I have ever had on a HAL ship. I wish they would bring that back! 

On 11/23/2021 at 10:51 AM, sevenseasnomad said:

Oh, boy.  Can't wait.  Now, if only they'd reintroduce chocolate bread pudding. . .  I can dream, right?

As far as I know it was available along with the plain each day on the Rotterdam last week

2 hours ago, Woofbite said:

As far as I know it was available along with the plain each day on the Rotterdam last week

Agree....Both types were ready and available on the Lido during our Rotterdam cruise last month....Absolute treat! delicious.

OMG.  I just got off Eurodam and totally forgot to have bread pudding!  I didn't have lunch in Lido very often and I don't do dessert often and never at lunch.  But I would have made an exception for bread pudding!

Good think I'll be on NA in about 2-1/2 weeks.  I'll set myself a reminder! 😁

• Like 1