We’re Baaaaack!!! Live from the Regal Princess- B2B2B- 11.24.21 to 12.9.21

TracieABD

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

In the passage contract that was changed for Covid and the relevant verbiage is below - although I haven''t heard anyone say that it's been enforced yet.

image.png.6cc2ea6350efd2c35fa2602acc29d0e6.png

Not only has no one reported any particular checking or enforcement, but no one has mentioned the wine table and paying corkage fees.  I do know we are always at the terminal before they even setup the table.  They can always charge it on board. 

With the H2O, well the starter package saves lugging the heavy stuff on board - and a guy has to have his priorities straight and wine always wins over water.  😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Not only has no one reported any particular checking or enforcement, but no one has mentioned the wine table and paying corkage fees.  I do know we are always at the terminal before they even setup the table.  They can always charge it on board. 

With the H2O, well the starter package saves lugging the heavy stuff on board - and a guy has to have his priorities straight and wine always wins over water.  😊

And there you have it! 
one of the big rules of travel… know your priorities!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Going out this morning to pick up a 12 pack of soda if we can find room in the luggage... We'll have the bat set-up so that will give us some water and can exchange some soda for water as they don't stock the soda we drink. Wish we were having M & G's again - would love to put a face to a CC name Tracie.

• Like 1

Hi Tracie... Me and my cruising buddy are sailing on the Regal Princess on Jan. 14. Our last cruise was a 10 day Panama Canal cruise on the Caribbean Princess in Jan of 2020. We can't wait until our cruise and we are very excited about it, but we know things have changed because of Covid. Can't wait to read your posts and reviews of our ship. Bon Voyage, have a great cruise, and keep those posts coming.

• Like 1

November 24, 2021

Day 3

Fort Lauderdale —> Cruise!

Cruise Day! Cruise Day! Cruise Day!

Hi friends-

Well... this is it! It is finally here! The day we set foot on a cruise ship!

Last night, we determined that we had forgotten another critical item: Jon’s sneakers. We did a quick search to find a Target that opens early. Fortunately, these is one between our hotel and the cruise port.

Even though it is right before Thanksgiving- the store was totally up crowded. We found a pair of (by Jon’s standards) geeky black sneakers that would get us through the next couple of weeks. We were out of there by 8:30 and on our way the port.

Once we got to the port at 9 am, we were told we were too early to drop luggage. This may have been the first time... but there were no porters at the luggage drop off. We took another lap and found a porter that was finishing helping the disembarking passengers. He happily took our luggage AND our 2 cases of water... we shall see what arrives at the cabin. We have very low expectations for the water.

We stopped to grab a breakfast sandwiches and then returned the rental car at the airport. Everything has gone so smoothly... until Wolfgang... Oh! Wolfgang- the Uber driver who shouldn’t. He had no idea how to get from the airport to cruise port. It took over 30 minutes without traffic. We finally made it.

We checked in at 10:30 am in the green lane. We had to show our medallion, our passport, our vaccine record, and our proof of negative COVID test. These documents, especially the 2 related to COVID were very carefully scrutinized.

And now we sit at the Elite Lounge and wait to cross the threshold to vacation fabulousness! For those who are curious, there is no coffee/ pastry in the lounge... not that it matters to us. But some folk may want to know.

Anyone want to drive us to the port? Anyone NOT named Wolfgang????

Thanks for following along-

More later-

Tracie-Lynn

• Like 9

4 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Going out this morning to pick up a 12 pack of soda if we can find room in the luggage... We'll have the bat set-up so that will give us some water and can exchange some soda for water as they don't stock the soda we drink. Wish we were having M & G's again - would love to put a face to a CC name Tracie.

There are M&G's on the cruise ships. someone needs to set it up. We had a wonderful one on the Majestic in October with a huge attendance by roll call members, Cruise Director  and various staff members. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TracieABD said:

We stopped to grab a breakfast sandwiches and then returned the rental car at the airport. Everything has gone so smoothly... until Wolfgang... Oh! Wolfgang- the Uber driver who shouldn’t. He had no idea how to get from the airport to cruise port. It took over 30 minutes without traffic. We finally made it.

Well this answers one question I had - I presume the free shuttle the rental car companies used to run to the cruise port no longer exists?  Did you go back to terminal and get the Uber?  We are planning on renting a car (first time in several yrs) and wondered how it worked now. 

5 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Hi.  I am a short blond.  My husband is very handsome! 
Here is a picture…A02F66D6-E185-4A90-B06D-EBEC5A800622.thumb.jpeg.e7c9a181edf168de1c56b3db22fde50c.jpeg468D6ADF-4A31-451A-B04A-22A97B8A2DEC.thumb.jpeg.775ee6334877189a6c0e3bc1b85b99a2.jpeg

• Like 13

31 minutes ago, luvseaside said:

Well this answers one question I had - I presume the free shuttle the rental car companies used to run to the cruise port no longer exists?  Did you go back to terminal and get the Uber?  We are planning on renting a car (first time in several yrs) and wondered how it worked now. 

We do not know of a free shuttle… that would have been better than old Wolfgang for sure. 

Howdy. Jeanne and I are on the Regal voyage on Dec 13th. We were on the Majestic in Alaska in September and I started a "Live From" board for that cruise. It was fun to do, and I thank you for taking the initiative to do one for the Regal. We will be following your trip with great interest. Bon Voyage!!!

November 24, 2021.

Day 3

All the Christmas Miracles

Hi Friends-

It has become obvious to me that the fates have smiled down upon us... probably because I did not go “full metal jacket” on poor Wolfgang.

I last left you as we were waiting to board. That blessed event occurred at 11:50. First off- this happened:C1675578-2822-42F0-8BC4-05EE6A4A4EF5.thumb.jpeg.34e2f6d674de41ffbc4ee012a6faa681.jpeg

IYKYK. Sing it with me... Reunited and it feels so good...

The four of us slipped in the Elite line immediately following the people with mobility devices. As we entered the ship, many crew were standing there clapping. I honestly think they are as happy to see us as we are to see them. It was actually touching.

We hoofed- and I mean hoofed it up to Deck 17 to grab our seats in the Sanctuary. We were first in line... picked our seats... and then went back down to the Passenger Service Desk to chat. We met the PSD manager- the lovely Eniko. She helped to make our day a little brighter.

We then made our way to the Concerto Dining Room for our celebratory lunch: Antipasto, chickpea soup, and beef tenderloin. It was a lovely lunch and it really began to feel like we were on a cruise.

We checked out our digs... a CC mini on the Rivera Deck. We have traveled in insides, balconies, and now a mini. Loving. The. Space! Our luggage was already here. And guess what else arrived... Anyone?

Two Jumbo Cases of Water!!!! Just one more little miracle. We were pretty amused.

I unpacked and did my thing. For anyone who has followed any past blog- you might remember how I feel about wooden hangers. It is all I use at home. And I hang everything, so I normally have to beg for many more hangers... not this time. I actually “gave back” most of the Princess hangers... I just brought my clothes on the hangers from home- It is brilliant what one can do when their husband doesn’t care how much luggage one packs. As an aside, on the Medallion App- you can actually order more hangers.

We completed the 3 steps for the safety briefing and were on our way to watch the sail away from the Sanctuary. It was cloudy and drizzley and I was still loving it.

We decided to go to dinner in the Club Class section- and guess who joined us- Yep! That’s right— The amazing P2- AKA KCSungirl (on Cruise Critic)/ Fungirl Across America and Beyond (on Facebook) and her wonderful husband PC (Prince Charming). We ate ourselves silly. And speaking of silly... yep. That was us!

They headed on to the show and Jon and I headed up to bed. And that is where I will take may leave.

Anyone want to have another dessert???

Thanks for following along-

More Later-

Tracie-Lynn

• Like 9

On 11/23/2021 at 11:05 AM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Can't wait to follow along on your sailing.   Congrats on all the good news and enjoy every moment!  

Chris had tried to get me to come along but I wasn't able to make it.  You all have a glass of wine for me.

Wrong Cruise...we leave on Friday on the shorty Emerald cruise.  Was wondering why Tracie thought we were on her trip!

On 11/23/2021 at 11:16 AM, TracieABD said:

Wait… What?!?!

is my cousin Chris on this sailing???

You just NEED to come on down and hang with the fam!

You know from our texts last night that we are not on board...false alarm from Carolyn