What's your favorite food item on NCL ships?

havanadaydreaming

Agreed on the french onion soup in Le Bistro, just got off the gem this morning.

Some other foods i can say were top notch.  I will only mention the buffet and main dining room lunch as others have touched on alot of the other spots

Buffet. Pizza was very good memories of pre covid it was poor.

Pasta Bolognese was very tasty.

Little Potatos Circles for breakfast

Reg Sausage for breakfast

Lemon butter Butter fish delicious

French Fries all places seems they fry them on the gem.

Every Meat item on the cutting board too many to remember. Beef wellington was very good

salads were good too

Lunch main dining room

Philly cheese steak sandwich no peppers extra cheese awesome

Fish sandwich made by  O'sheehans  very good

salads were good

Desserts Top 3

Tiramisu La Cucina

Apple pie w/vanilla ice cream O'sheehans

Chocolate Cake  Cagney' s 

Ice Cream was below average this time do to quality issues  too soft and too icey

Pre-covid -- the chicken nachos in the lunch MDR. Does anyone know if they are still on the menu? Also, has the MDR been open for lunch if there are no sea days (one is a late port start -- 12pm)? 

I second some that others have mentioned -- Le Bistro filet, MDR lava cake, and caesar salad. O'Sheehan's hot wings. 

Tammy 

15 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

The bread at Ocean Blue

French onion soup at Le Bistro

Filet in the Haven

Napoleon at Le Bistro

Thatwould be my perfect NCL meal, along with those yummy almond croissants for breakfast the next day!

Yes those almond croissants!!! I almost forgot about them. The best!

• Like 2

Lots of favorites:

- Pesto Pasta and Pretzel Rolls from Garden Cafe

- Friuts de Mer (miss the original though 🙁) and Escargot at Le Bistro

- Shrimp & Scallops at Teppanyaki

- Pepperota Hummus and Peanut Butter Cheesecake from MDH Lunch

- Wings from O'Sheehan's

- Tableside Guacamole from Los Lobos

- Everything at Pincho's...Seriously, take me back to The Escape. Best restaurant ever.

• Like 2

Did the Encore this September and the filet/shrimp combo at the Teppanyaki was amazing.  Giant shrimp and very tender filet.  Can’t wait to compare to the Bliss in January!  Ditto on the Indian food noted above at GC ☺️

Edited by crystlvylt1
  • Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 3:39 PM, MaggieNY said:

My husband loves the lava cake for dessert. In 2016, the Breakaway served it every night. Then in 2019, we were on the Gem for 14 days and they only served it a few times. He was very unhappy. We just got off a 14 day cruise on the Breakaway. We had lava cake the first night and he asked if it would be on the menu every night. They said no. He went into great detail about his love of lava cake. Someone at Taste put in a standing order for lava cake for him. So every night we were at Taste or the Manhattan Room, we automatically got lava cake. And on top of that, the chef sent the official recipe to our cabin so I can make it here at home.

Now THAT is what I call great customer service!

• Like 6

On 11/24/2021 at 5:45 PM, Steam said:

The Indian food in the Garden Cafe on the Breakaway and Breakaway+ class ships. It's the first spot I got to on embarkation day. They have a good rotation of dishes (both meat and vegetarian) throughout the week. So good. 

I would venture to say it is the best indian food I have had around the world. I would use to that it was the UK.

On the ship, I know it's safe and clean to eat and it's delicious. I still think of their beef curry.

• Like 3

I second the Indian food rave on the Encore buffet! Pretzel rolls everywhere on NCL!

I think our favorites are: pork belly appetizer on Haven menu, Tahitian vanilla French toast (Haven breakfast), NY strip, lamp chops, and fries at Cagney's, The amazing offerings at Moderno and the lobster roll from the outside kiosk for ocean blue!

Edited by Kfamilycruise
  • Like 2

On 12/6/2021 at 10:59 AM, DrSea said:

I would venture to say it is the best indian food I have had around the world. I would use to that it was the UK.

On the ship, I know it's safe and clean to eat and it's delicious. I still think of their beef curry.

I spent some time in India, and it always seems weird to me when someone mentions "beef" and "curry" together.  There was certainly no beef on the menu at any restaurants I visited in India!  Even the burgers were made with chicken or beans....

I will have to seek out the Indian food at the buffet on my upcoming cruises! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigrednole said:

I like reading all of this. I haven't been on an NCL cruise and only one on Carnival. Is it sad that I am looking forward to chicken wings and beer at O'Sheehan's?

Absolutely not!   One of my favorites is the chicken sandwich at O'Sheehan's.  

• Like 1