One night in Coastal Kitchen

A friend and I are sailing on Sunday on Odyssey.  We have the UDP. We just learned our Royal Up bid for a junior suite was accepted! It's our first time in a suite, and we thought we might try to get a Coastal Kitchen reservation for one night instead of eating at a specialty restaurant.  Seasoned suite passengers, which is your favorite night in CC?

5 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

A friend and I are sailing on Sunday on Odyssey.  We have the UDP. We just learned our Royal Up bid for a junior suite was accepted! It's our first time in a suite, and we thought we might try to get a Coastal Kitchen reservation for one night instead of eating at a specialty restaurant.  Seasoned suite passengers, which is your favorite night in CC?

Congratulations !!  The JS is a great room.  Lots more space, walk-in closet and full bath.  You might even have a bath-and-a-half depending on the JS that you get.

JS have access to the CK on a space-available basis so flexibility is your friend.  Traditionally, the first night of the cruise is filet night but that does vary from ship-to-ship.  I would check with the CK desk as soon as you board to verify which night will be filet night and then see if they can accommodate you.  The great news is, even if they cannot accommodate you in the CK, you have the UDP so you have a lot of great options for dinner !  Enjoy !

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Congratulations !!  The JS is a great room.  Lots more space, walk-in closet and full bath.  You might even have a bath-and-a-half depending on the JS that you get.

JS have access to the CK on a space-available basis so flexibility is your friend.  Traditionally, the first night of the cruise is filet night but that does vary from ship-to-ship.  I would check with the CK desk as soon as you board to verify which night will be filet night and then see if they can accommodate you.  The great news is, even if they cannot accommodate you in the CK, you have the UDP so you have a lot of great options for dinner !  Enjoy !

Since JS only get access if there is room, does that mean they cannot make a reservation for nights in advance, and have to knock on the door each evening for availability? 

7 minutes ago, Jenna said:

Since JS only get access if there is room, does that mean they cannot make a reservation for nights in advance, and have to knock on the door each evening for availability? 

Generally yes for both. You can call/go by earlier in the day to inquire about a reservation. Your key card will not open the door, you must knock to be let in. 
m

On Odyssey, the Coastal Kitchen is on deck 14 starboard side, near the Windjammer exit.  The Host is located just outside the restaurant for reservations. All the daily menus are available on the app and the current day's menu is displayed on a lighted board just outside of CK. 

On our sailing last week, reservations had to be made once onboard and directly with the Host.

Dinner hours are 5:30-9:00 PM

That is fantastic…definitely go to Wonderland… the food there is so much better than Giovanni’s kitchen with an American influence.  It is not like the Giovanni’s table you are used to.  Although UDP vs CK … it’s such a hard decision especially the steaks at Chops vs the filet at CK… have you thought about an early sitting at CK and then Chops at a later sitting just to compare … you are on vacation you are allowed to have two dinners lol…   I included some pictures from the Odyssey when we were on it back in October.  Those were my favorite.  You should also make your way up to playmaker and order the s’mores cookie … you get a credit towards food from the UDP and it is the best cookie ever!!!

C27FFE46-865A-4586-BFD7-A3DF6525E187.jpeg

C40FEF20-416B-426C-858E-6D252723039C.jpeg

FF8BE462-F860-42B2-8DF1-3D11D577A443.jpeg

7306B814-ACAE-431A-AB18-2CD27474E5B6.jpeg

46 minutes ago, chaswelf said:

My experience being in a JR and CK is be prepared to eat early, like 5 or late and you'll have a better chance of getting in

that's also been our experience, although it can vary by ship, depending on availability. If you like lobster definitely try to go that night - it's SO much better in CK than the MDR

• Thanks 1