Enough is Enough

Fighterone

We selected 19002 on  MSC Seashore for the March sailing  20 months ago but MSC's incompetent staff moved us to 19003 which is port side and with no view of Ocean Cay at all unless they dock backwards. This cabin, 19002,  is between 2 grand suites and cannot be subject to be a  part of a block of cabins to quarantine anyone. 

When they decided to move everyone to GUAs when they reformulated their cabin design on November 15th, they showed a total lack of care for customers by reassigning cabins without even checking which ones had previously been selected by their loyal customers. There are 4 of us (8 couples and 2 kids) on this sailing that I know of who have been moved. 

We understand it's their right to do this but their customer service, their website, their phone wait times have finally done us in despite the wonderful experience in YC. Customers have their limits. 

Pure incompetence and lack of care for their customers!

It's the third time (2 pre-pandemic) out of 7 sailings MSC switches our cabin and the only cruise line out of 15 cruise lines we have sailed on to EVER have done this.

Edited by Fighterone

They did the same to me on the 11/20 Seashore sailing. Moved one of our cabins from 19002 to 19003. 

I called MSC customer service and they moved me back. 

I liked the layout and view. It was worth contacting them to get it back

The seashore backs into port at OC. You get a great view of the lighthouse from the deck.  19003 would have no view of the island. 

• Like 1

Totally agree, Fighterone. We lost the H cabin, despite there being at least one other available after they reassigned us.  Anyway, while the systems were down, no one else would have been able to book our originally chosen cabins.

To add insult to injury, MSC is not granting us the itinerary change compensation of $100 because we’ve already been compensated with an FCC for a previously cancelled cruise, which we used to book this cruise. 

We’ve had it with MSC!  I had to fight with them for the OBC we were entitled to on last month’s sailing; then we had problems with the way they handled the flights, which caused major headaches up to four days prior to travelling.  Mr B has said he never again wants to hear I’ve booked another MSC cruise!  

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dbox said:

They did the same to me on the 11/20 Seashore sailing. Moved one of our cabins from 19002 to 19003. 

I called MSC customer service and they moved me back. 

I liked the layout and view. It was worth contacting them to get it back

The seashore backs into port at OC. You get a great view of the lighthouse from the deck.  19003 would have no view of the island. 

Our T.A. was unable to get 19002 back for us but she found us another cabin that will work instead of 19003 which I would have not wanted as we were moved to 18001 once on MSC Seaside. 

11 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Totally agree, Fighterone. We lost the H cabin, despite there being at least one other available after they reassigned us.  Anyway, while the systems were down, no one else would have been able to book our originally chosen cabins.

To add insult to injury, MSC is not granting us the itinerary change compensation of $100 because we’ve already been compensated with an FCC for a previously cancelled cruise, which we used to book this cruise. 

We’ve had it with MSC!  I had to fight with them for the OBC we were entitled to on last month’s sailing; then we had problems with the way they handled the flights, which caused major headaches up to four days prior to travelling.  Mr B has said he never again wants to hear I’ve booked another MSC cruise!  

Wow, no OBC because of the FCC!!! Yes, it's always a fight with them. We are fortunate to have a good T.A. who now does the fighting for us. 

We will also be opting for other cruise lines from now on. 

Will you be on this sailing, though? We were looking forward to meeting you and have a good time with our Norwegian friends who have already cancelled. They too were shorted on their cabin. 

Big 👎👎 to MSC! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fighterone said:

Our T.A. was unable to get 19002 back for us but she found us another cabin that will work instead of 19003 which I would have not wanted as we were moved to 18001 once on MSC Seaside. 

Wow, no OBC because of the FCC!!! Yes, it's always a fight with them. We are fortunate to have a good T.A. who now does the fighting for us. 

We will also be opting for other cruise lines from now on. 

Will you be on this sailing, though? We were looking forward to meeting you and have a good time with our Norwegian friends who have already cancelled. They too were shorted on their cabin. 

Big 👎👎 to MSC! 

Yes, we’re continuing with the cruise, but only because we have non-refundable flights.  We’ve booked a suite on Celebrity for our regular September cruise next year as we’ve had enough of MSC’s lack of care for their customers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

There are already numerous threads on this same subject. 

As there are on many other subjects.

Do you have any idea of the number of times I’ve answered the same questions posed over and over again on this forum?   Never once have I said that the answers were contained in numerous other threads!

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 4

It seems the way to deal with MSC and their frustrating “before cruise” customer service is to book last minute (if you can) 

From reading posts on here, it’s usually the folks who have multiple bookings multiple months ahead of time who are having problems 

We’re looking to book another cruise with MSC for January so hopefully we will again avoid having our room taken away or issued a guarantee etc. 🤞

We really do love the on board experience they offer and honestly it’s hard to beat their price point. 

Edit because it didn’t make sense lol

Edited by styles27
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Of course. We’re fortunate to be within a 2-3 hr flight to their FL ports. 

Yeah - I sometimes envy you on that score. 

Prices are ridiculously low in the US at the moment because the ships are sailing at 30% capacity in some cases as a result of Europeans not booking US sailings.  That’s more than likely going to continue into the future due to rising numbers of cases of Covid and restrictions being put in place in many European countries at present. 

I’m beginning to find other companies’ prices in or around MSC’s these days - something I hadn’t seen before.  I always ended up booking MSC because they were so much cheaper.  That doesn’t seem to be the case anymore.  The changes they’ve made to the cabin categories and ‘Experiences’ doesn’t help, either. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

As there are on many other subjects.

Do you have any idea of the number of times I’ve answered the same questions posed over and over again on this forum?   Never once have I said that the answers were contained in numerous other threads!

🤣 Right! I appreciate your courtesy. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Yeah - I sometimes envy you on that score. 

Prices are ridiculously low in the US at the moment because the ships are sailing at 30% capacity in some cases as a result of Europeans not booking US sailings.  That’s more than likely going to continue into the future due to rising numbers of cases of Covid and restrictions being put in place in many European countries at present. 

I’m beginning to find other companies’ prices in or around MSC’s these days - something I hadn’t seen before.  I always ended up booking MSC because they were so much cheaper.  That doesn’t seem to be the case anymore.  The changes they’ve made to the cabin categories and ‘Experiences’ doesn’t help, either. 

So far here in the states the other mass market lines are still hundreds of dollars more pp than MSC.  I’m a little surprised that MSC hasn’t raised their rates to be more in line with them. 
Even at the low rates we only had 490 pax on our cruise. I don’t get it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fighterone said:
We selected 19002 on  MSC Seashore for the March sailing  20 months ago but MSC's incompetent staff moved us to 19003 which is port side and with no view of Ocean Cay at all unless they dock backwards. This cabin, 19002,  is between 2 grand suites and cannot be subject to be a  part of a block of cabins to quarantine anyone. 

When they decided to move everyone to GUAs when they reformulated their cabin design on November 15th, they showed a total lack of care for customers by reassigning cabins without even checking which ones had previously been selected by their loyal customers. There are 4 of us (8 couples and 2 kids) on this sailing that I know of who have been moved. 

We understand it's their right to do this but their customer service, their website, their phone wait times have finally done us in despite the wonderful experience in YC. Customers have their limits. 

It's the third time (2 pre-pandemic) out of 7 sailings MSC switches our cabin and the only cruise line out of 15 cruise lines we have sailed on to EVER have done this.

We are on the same cruise with you. Actually, we are on the week before also, doing the 14 days.  I can understand your frustration!  We booked a specific cabin months ago and now in a Guarantee. I have called numerous times to be told it was Covid (hmmm, no, if so then why weren't the cabins on the previous week, our first half of the 14 day cruise Guarantees now), then to be told cabins would be assigned on the 15th. Well, it is the 27th and we are still in a Guarantee Cabin.

MSC had no problems sending me a message this week telling me to make final payment but they can't give us our cabin back.

We decided to just go with it.  I am so ready to get away! The cabin, well we will deal with it since we have been on an inside cabin on the Epic for 21 days I feel like we can handle any cabin assignment😂 

Now I wish they would put the Spa treatments back on that they took away when they took away the assignments.  I called to find out the other day when they would open them back up and the CS person told me the spas are all closed, yeah right, good to know I am more informed than their CS!

Hoping to get our cabin assignment before we pay tomorrow but doubt it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I had some trouble reading the OP, but I think I’ve been invited to a wedding. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, I agree, I sometimes have difficulty expressing myself since English is not my first language but FUNNY others seem to understand what I posted. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fighterone said:

Yes, I agree, I sometimes have difficulty expressing myself since English is not my first language but FUNNY others seem to understand what I posted. 

English is also not my first language.

What was meant by the comment was that the font was very fancy , for example, similar to what one would see on wedding invitation.

Your comments were not confusing…it was just the fancy font😆

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Yes, we’re continuing with the cruise, but only because we have non-refundable flights.  We’ve booked a suite on Celebrity for our regular September cruise next year as we’ve had enough of MSC’s lack of care for their customers. 

Bea, this is the same for us. I had 4 MSC cruises booked...I sailed Aug and Oct on Mera and had Seashore in April and Poesia 28 day in July. When they did the GTY stuff for my Seashore cruise, that was the last straw for me. Honestly, I see people coming in here complaining and I always defended MSC saying once you get onboard it will be better. But now, I don't even believe that (e.g., minibar changes...just petty).

Don't get me wrong, I still think YC is a fantastic product, but with its current dilution (minbar, non-refundable deposits...completely crazy in the covid era...MSC can make last minute changes but if we change 120 days or more out we are out of luck with our money?) I'm no longer sure it is worth the hassle of dealing with MSC customer service.

I canceled my Seashore and booked RCCL Symphony for the same dates. I also cancelled Poesia and am doing a B2B on the RCCL Jewel in June (24 days).

Will I get YC level service? No. But I will pay about 75% of what MSC was charging me (once you add in drink package, internet, etc) and get 200% better customer service. I'll take that deal.

Covid has been going on now for almost 2yrs...I'm sick of it and don't need MSC's customer service adding to my frustration levels.

I know MSC has a large European contingent, but I also suspect the reason their ships are sailing so low is because of their utter lack of regard for customers. I read all of the forums here and I laugh at the stuff people on the other lines ***** about. Oh, NCL is charging me tax for my free drink package. Please...come over to MSC and see what real pain is.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fighterone said:

I can only say we all feel your pain. Good luck with whatever you end up doing...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phissy said:

English is also not my first language.

What was meant by the comment was that the font was very fancy , for example, similar to what one would see on wedding invitation.

Your comments were not confusing…it was just the fancy font😆

Oups! I did not mean to put it in italics. Oh well! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Bea, this is the same for us. I had 4 MSC cruises booked...I sailed Aug and Oct on Mera and had Seashore in April and Poesia 28 day in July. When they did the GTY stuff for my Seashore cruise, that was the last straw for me. Honestly, I see people coming in here complaining and I always defended MSC saying once you get onboard it will be better. But now, I don't even believe that (e.g., minibar changes...just petty).

Don't get me wrong, I still think YC is a fantastic product, but with its current dilution (minbar, non-refundable deposits...completely crazy in the covid era...MSC can make last minute changes but if we change 120 days or more out we are out of luck with our money?) I'm no longer sure it is worth the hassle of dealing with MSC customer service.

I canceled my Seashore and booked RCCL Symphony for the same dates. I also cancelled Poesia and am doing a B2B on the RCCL Jewel in June (24 days).

Will I get YC level service? No. But I will pay about 75% of what MSC was charging me (once you add in drink package, internet, etc) and get 200% better customer service. I'll take that deal.

Covid has been going on now for almost 2yrs...I'm sick of it and don't need MSC's customer service adding to my frustration levels.

I know MSC has a large European contingent, but I also suspect the reason their ships are sailing so low is because of their utter lack of regard for customers. I read all of the forums here and I laugh at the stuff people on the other lines ***** about. Oh, NCL is charging me tax for my free drink package. Please...come over to MSC and see what real pain is.

alyssamma, I agree. Enough is Enough was the appropriate title for this thread as we are all upset with the lack of courtesy and caring from MSC. Enjoy the Jewel and the Symphony OTS. RCI is also a great cruise line. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fighterone said:

If you are referencing the 5 March cruise, we are on that one as the second week of a B2B.  We did get our original room re-assigned to us, so good things are at least possible! 

In the worst case scenario at Ocean Cay, at least are only one floor away from the One Deck, which should afford fantastic views of the island.

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 2