QM2 tomorrow, Nov. 28th?

Mudhen

According to my calendar, I have the QM2 leaving Southampton for a quickie cruise, tomorrow. Is that really happening or have I made a mistake on my calendar?

It has been crossed out, written over, arrows pointed elsewhere, so many times, I'm not sure just when she's going out for her first REAL cruise.

Any info on her current status would be appreciated.

Bit of chaos this evening due to storm Arwen ( Iona delayed by 24 hours - all local hotels full) and the changes in 2 day Covid testing, but she’s scheduled to sail at 18.30 tomorrow evening we’ll be on board and We CAN’T WAIT!

• Like 1

I'll be following this thread in hopes we can hear some news about the return of the QM2! We'll be sailing to the Caribbean on her in Feb. So looking forward to being back on board!

Wishing all those who are sailing tomorrow, a wonderful cruise!

I hope it isn't cancelled. We are on our way to join the ship right now. First time on a ship in two years. And our first time on QM2. We are quite looking forward to it albeit it is also the shortest cruise we have ever taken. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 5:57 PM, Marion B said:

Mickb,

Since we should have been onboard right now (Brooklyn to Caribbean) and were cancelled, I hope you have a fabulous time to make up for the disappointment of us and many others.

Fair winds and following seas.

I was supposed to be on the Brooklyn to Caribbean cruise until they went and cancelled it. have rebooked for July1st. to Canada so here is hoping it works out !!

• Like 1

We disembarked QM2 yesterday. The staff had been on board for the last month preparing for their first cruise. The ship was just over half full when we set sail. I did check availability the day before we sailed and all stateroom classes were shown as 'sold out'. This was a shake down cruise before they start increasing the numbers. We were told by the staff, passenger numbers will increase to 80% capacity for the transatlantic to NY.

Lovely to be back on board with all the Christmas decorations. I think the atmosphere was a little subdued, with the reduced numbers, wearing masks and it was such a short cruise. Also we had very little interaction with other passengers, other than those we were travelling with. Overall, it was nice to get away, but not really what we were used to pre-pandemic. An interesting last day trying to fill in our PLF's and arranging PCR test. 

As I write this, our PCR result has just arrived. We are negative, free, and all ready for our next cruise.

Brian

• Like 3