Royal's ships 2023/24

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

@gbenjo

Graham are you up on Royal Caribbean’s carry on policy?

It looks like only one bottle of wine .

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

It’s to stop each person bringing on 2 bottles of wine. 
1 per person is easier to police. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, springaussie said:

It’s to stop each person bringing on 2 bottles of wine. 
1 per person is easier to police. 

It the way it looks to me .

If you had 5 adults in a cabin, you can have 5 bottles and a real party.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

I wonder how heavily it will be policed, we cruise next week & haven't received any information regarding this.

I think we should have a bit of a honeymoon period but from what I’ve heard if we write different names and the room number on the bottles .
Then one person should be able to carry them on , but it’s a bit unknown at the moment???

Edited by Chiliburn

6 hours ago, mr walker said:

and a queue for the single bathroom 🙂 

Neil….5 in a cabin, OMG, too much snoring and other body emissions, 🤣

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, joejoe 59 said:

I wonder how heavily it will be policed, we cruise next week & haven't received any information regarding this.

If you check your edocs  or conditions of carriage  , mine still states 2 per cabin.

I will be taking a copy and carrying on 2 bottles.

8A60B9BE-ECBA-45F3-869F-E56ADD423A28.thumb.jpeg.2b9788e3b49285f2304c991c1f97a18b.jpeg

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I think we should have a bit of a honeymoon period but from what I’ve heard if we write different names and the room number on the bottles .
Then one person should be able to carry them on , but it’s a bit unknown at the moment???

If the new rule is one bottle per person then that is the rule. If one person is carrying five bottles then the other four would be “ confiscated” at security scanning. Write what you like on the bottle…the ship has a manifest and knows who is in the stateroom. Yes five people in one room would mean five bottles per room but still only means one  bottle per person.  If someone has shelled out for a stateroom ( suite) big enough for five adults then they would not be too concerned or petty about a bottle of wine…….was that word drivel or dribble? 

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

If you check your edocs  or conditions of carriage  , mine still states 2 per cabin.

I will be taking a copy and carrying on 2 bottles.

8A60B9BE-ECBA-45F3-869F-E56ADD423A28.thumb.jpeg.2b9788e3b49285f2304c991c1f97a18b.jpeg

In the vast majority of cases, two bottles per stateroom still equates to one bottle per person and on the occasion that there is only one person in the room (  they would have paid a singles premium or for two people already) I’m sure Royal would not be too concerned about an extra bottle of wine that someone was “ sneaking” on. Good Chance security would detect the two bottles  and grab the second bottle anyway but hey,  go for it, Im sure Royal could not care less 

51 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

In the vast majority of cases, two bottles per stateroom still equates to one bottle per person and on the occasion that there is only one person in the room (  they would have paid a singles premium or for two people already) I’m sure Royal would not be too concerned about an extra bottle of wine that someone was “ sneaking” on. Good Chance security would detect the two bottles  and grab the second bottle anyway but hey,  go for it, Im sure Royal could not care less 

I’m not trying to break the rules Graham, I’m just trying to interpret them and update royal guests.

Even if you have a booze package it’s good to have a drink in the fridge so you don’t have to run to the bar every half hour.

Drivel or Dribble,I’m good with either one , I know what you’re saying .

I figure you will have your finger on the pulse Chili.

I have been sussing out a short cruise on Quantum or Ovation in one of the bigger loft suites. Ovation shows details of Star class, genie, drink packages etc, yet Quantum does not.

Does Quantum have Star class amenities?

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m not trying to break the rules Graham, I’m just trying to interpret them and update royal guests.

Even if you have a booze package it’s good to have a drink in the fridge so you don’t have to run to the bar every half hour.

Drivel or Dribble,I’m good with either one , I know what you’re saying .

But it would be beneficial to be updated with the correct information, not just assumption or speculation.

The new rule reads as one bottle per person, pretty clear I would have thought.

Edited by gbenjo

53 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Does Quantum have Star class amenities?

I would say it has star class.

Star class is probably sold out because it’s cheap, the ship is heavily discounted.

Edited by Chiliburn

Yes we try to deal if facts  Graham ,I like to provide a link.

The new rules only come in a couple of days ago.

I’m on Saturday,I’m in a solo cabin and my documentation and Royal Caribbean condition of carriage says I can carry 2 bottles of wine for consumption in my cabin and that’s what I will be doing. 
Worst that will happen is one bottle will be stored on the ship and return the last afternoon.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/onboard-alcohol-guest-policy

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I am surprised we don’t have to pay the gratuities on the free drinks! 

Did you tell Graham about Quantum and Anthem probably getting water slides?

He has a thing about waterslides and would be so excited about Anthem in Sydney for the 24-25 season .

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Did you tell Graham about Quantum and Anthem probably getting water slides?

He has a thing about waterslides and would be so excited about Anthem in Sydney for the 24-25 season .

Yep…drivel or dribble, it doesn’t really matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I would say it has star class.

Star class is probably sold out because it’s cheap, the ship is heavily discounted.

Star Class isn't sold out for the cruises I am looking at next season. There are grand loft and owners loft suites available on each of the Quantum cruises I looked at. Unlike Ovation, there is no mention of any star class benefits or a genie. It could be just an omission on their site, but of that I can't be sure. There is a grand each difference, which makes Quantum worth considering, but if there is no Star class drink package & extras plus adding flights etc, I would rather pay the extra for Ovation

Ovation

Ovulation.thumb.jpg.3b5960b804044f0e39ff4fdc49b91d42.jpg

Quantum

Quantum.thumb.jpg.4778a6a9d4cae5bb9c652595925dae85.jpg

22 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Star Class isn't sold out for the cruises I am looking at next season. There are grand loft and owners loft suites available on each of the Quantum cruises I looked at. Unlike Ovation, there is no mention of any star class benefits or a genie. It could be just an omission on their site, but of that I can't be sure. There is a grand each difference, which makes Quantum worth considering, but if there is no Star class drink package & extras plus adding flights etc, I would rather pay the extra for Ovation

Ovation

Ovulation.thumb.jpg.3b5960b804044f0e39ff4fdc49b91d42.jpg

Quantum

Quantum.thumb.jpg.4778a6a9d4cae5bb9c652595925dae85.jpg

They are fantastic prices but what is so good about Star class on a Quantum Geoff ?

I have never had star class but I have had Grand and owner’s suites .

The extra room is nice but personally I happy with just a balcony or a J4 junior suite.

The suites lounge sucks on Quantum class, the lofts are right at the back of the ship and

I can’t see the value for money personally.

• Like 1