Royal's ships 2023/24

On 11/23/2023 at 9:03 PM, arxcards said:

My nightmare is when I get to the ship and realise my passport is still at home.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

That is a regular occurrence with many embarkation days.  

Always a worry for me. I am a double, triple, quadruple checker & then one more time for luck 🙂

When I regularly flew OS for work DW would think I was mad. She would watch me put the passport in my carry-on bag. She'd then watch me check again a few minutes later, and then when I pick up the bag & my wallet, phone etc I'd check again. I'd check again as I went out the door. Often our regular shuttle driver would ask just before we pulled away "has everyone got their passports" & I'd check one more time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

Always a worry for me. I am a double, triple, quadruple checker & then one more time for luck 🙂

When I regularly flew OS for work DW would think I was mad. She would watch me put the passport in my carry-on bag. She'd then watch me check again a few minutes later, and then when I pick up the bag & my wallet, phone etc I'd check again. I'd check again as I went out the door. Often our regular shuttle driver would ask just before we pulled away "has everyone got their passports" & I'd check one more time.

It seems a long time since i used a passport so i'll have to triple check also  i did leave it home one time and had to drive home to get it.  i only got a five year one and was starting to worry i wouldn't get to use it.

55 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

It seems a long time since i used a passport so i'll have to triple check also  i did leave it home one time and had to drive home to get it.  i only got a five year one and was starting to worry i wouldn't get to use it.

Mentioning passports.   Our old one was looking not too good and my husband had trouble with it through the system so I decided we should get new ones.   We did get 10 year ones.   Went to the Post Office and did he get a shock at the price.   He has no idea as I look after all the finances! 

Eileen

2 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

Mentioning passports.   Our old one was looking not too good and my husband had trouble with it through the system so I decided we should get new ones.   We did get 10 year ones.   Went to the Post Office and did he get a shock at the price.   He has no idea as I look after all the finances! 

Eileen

The Govt must have got a shock when people stopped travelling during Covid.  The prices have increased a lot in recent years.  When I travelled with my elder daughter she was included on my passport photo for one passport cost.  I shudder to think what families pay now.  Air fares used to be half price.  Children were free in accommodation if they used existing bedding.  Most accomodation had two double beds.  I'm glad we travelled a lot with the children when they were young. 

8 hours ago, gbenjo said:

And conversely,  I am sure the guest services people often think…really,you have to kidding. 🤔🤔😂😂😂😂

Shouldn’t you be working?

Isn’t there three  cruise lines  you have to service ? Now Disney ?

Those complimentary buffets must be taking a toll .

Edited by Chiliburn

24 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Shouldn’t you be working?

Isn’t there three  cruise lines  you have to service ? Now Disney ?

Those complimentary buffets must be taking a toll .

No….and its more like six or seven cruise lines…..and covid put an end to the buffet for us…….now we have to put up with “pain in the butt”  guests on an empty stomach. I thought such a “ well informed “ person like you would have known all that. We will be even busier when the Speculation and the Assumption of the Seas come here.😉

Edited by gbenjo
  • Haha 3

@springaussie

what do you recon Glen ,if voyager does reposition to Brisbane.This would be the last cruise in the Mediterranean.

That would give Voyager a month to get to Brisbane,does that gives it enough time do you think?

Do you think they would have passengers? Because I can book a cabin at a reasonable price for just a $100 deposit on this cruise.

Fly to Venice for a few days and join the ship for the repositioning to Australia.

IMG_0799.thumb.png.507fbde16d349d9df8985ba6629438fb.png

20 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

@springaussie

what do you recon Glen ,if voyager does reposition to Brisbane.This would be the last cruise in the Mediterranean.

That would give Voyager a month to get to Brisbane,does that gives it enough time do you think?

Do you think they would have passengers? Because I can book a cabin at a reasonable price for just a $100 deposit on this cruise.

Fly to Venice for a few days and join the ship for the repositioning to Australia.

IMG_0799.thumb.png.507fbde16d349d9df8985ba6629438fb.png

Chilli sounds a great price.

If it was me I would be trying out first  where Navigator and Ovation are going to be Christmas 2025.

Royal Caribbean Deployment is renowned for booking ports for Oz cruises and changing their mind at short notice. 
Voyager will take definitely take passengers to Oz. The timeframe is right. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Chilli sounds a great price.

If it was me I would be trying out first  where Navigator and Ovation are going to be Christmas 2025.

Royal Caribbean Deployment is renowned for booking ports for Oz cruises and changing their mind at short notice. 
Voyager will take definitely take passengers to Oz. The timeframe is right. 

With the new terminal that Royal has built in Ravenna I would say Ovation or Quantum will be home ported there to increase capacity.
A oasis would be to big for the Mediterranean ports there and there’s a few tender ports.

The money Royal Caribbean has spent they will have to increase capacity.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

With the new terminal that Royal has built in Ravenna I would say Ovation or Quantum will be home ported there to increase capacity.
A oasis would be to big for the Mediterranean ports there and there’s a few tender ports.

The money Royal Caribbean has spent they will have to increase capacity.

Ravenna is part of a working port.

Nothing near it.

It was my port of call after Venice in 2016 on Rhapsody Greek Island cruise .

Royal has been ordered by the court not called Ravenna “Venice” It was classed as false advertising. 

On 11/25/2023 at 5:15 PM, springaussie said:

Incase anyone missed it Ovation was back in Sydney today 0600 - 0800 owing to a medical emergency . Left Sydney 1900 Thursday to Milford Sound but turned around. 
Ovation is now  heading to Wellington arriving 0800 Tuesday.

Today it is too windy for Wellington.

Another sea day for Ovation.

Still hasn’t docked since leaving Sydney 1900 Thursday besides unloading the patients at Circular Quay Saturday. 

58 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Ravenna is part of a working port.

Nothing near it.

It was my port of call after Venice in 2016 on Rhapsody Greek Island cruise .

Royal has been ordered by the court not called Ravenna “Venice” It was classed as false advertising. 

From memory it will take 2 ships and should be operational next year. 
The way Quantum is going in Brisbane I wouldn’t be surprised if it disappears next season.

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2021/09/royal-caribbean-group-to-build-and-operate-new-cruise-terminal-in-ravenna/#:~:text=The development will complement the,as a port of call.

Edited by Chiliburn

On 11/28/2023 at 9:22 AM, Chiliburn said:

From memory it will take 2 ships and should be operational next year. 
The way Quantum is going in Brisbane I wouldn’t be surprised if it disappears next season.

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2021/09/royal-caribbean-group-to-build-and-operate-new-cruise-terminal-in-ravenna/#:~:text=The development will complement the,as a port of call.

Chilli I doubt Brisbane will disappear as a Royal Home Port.

I seen an interesting article on the blog today about is Lelepa really going to happen.

It’s  hard to see how Lelepa will survive with only 2 ships in Oz over the Summer

What happens to NZ and Oz cruises?

To me it’s looking more likely Carnival Companies and Sir Richard will use it also

If it  takes off. 

Edited by springaussie
  • Like 1

Brisbane,? I was thinking Quantum may disappear next season and something else may replace it,Voyager?

I checked that article on the blog,interesting.

It seems to be dragging on ,maybe they are hoping to get some U.S. foreign aid or something to get it started.

Another thing is airlines are going be hit with carbon emissions also.That’s going to affect international visitors.Airfares will increase,cutting back international tourism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Chilli I doubt Brisbane will disappear as a Royal Home Port.

I seen an interesting article on the blog today about is Lelepa really going to happen.

It’s  hard to see how Lelepa will survive with only 2 ships in Oz over the Summer

What happens to NZ and Oz cruises?

To me it’s looking more likely Carnival Companies and Sir Richard will use it also

If it  takes off. 

A hybrid itinerary that includes Sydney & Brisbane in a 10 night loop that also includes Lelepa +1 might even be sustainable year round and can also focus on a shortened Brisbane season on the peak months.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

A hybrid itinerary that includes Sydney & Brisbane in a 10 night loop that also includes Lelepa +1 might even be sustainable year round and can also focus on a shortened Brisbane season on the peak months.

Thanks

But  I can’t see that working.

I maybe wrong. 

15 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Royal Miami Office in some strife over referring to Ravenna as Venice. 

Great thing!

False Advertising 

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-sanctioned-over-misleading-advertising/114205#

They wouldn’t practice false advertising , LOL 

They do have a ship shuttle from Venice airport and one from the transport centre. 
So you are kind of departing from Venice .

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That would be like homeporting from Port Kembla and calling it Sydney. Good to be nipping that sort of thing in the bud.

Royal invested hundreds on millions in a new terminal at Ravenna .

It makes Port Kembla look possible and I believe it’s in the Sydney basin,you can travel there on Sydney train opel card .

Im sure they wouldn’t hesitate advertising it as Sydney.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Where do you think Ovation will go ?           L.A. ?

Ovation has to be in Singapore or Cadiz around March 2026 for ten year dry dock. 
The most likely thing I can see is Quantum working the Ovation Trans Pacific April 20;25.

Asia or Europe Chilli Mid 2025. 

• Thanks 1