Perks of booking a future cruise whilst on board?

SarahHben

I’m sure I’ve seen this discussed on here but can’t find it, but I wondered what the perks are of booking a future cruise whilst on board?

My husband and I have booked a Ventura cruise for August 2023 and my parents are onboard Ventura at the moment and have text to ask if we mind them coming too. 
Is it worth their while booking before they disembark on Sunday morning or does it make no difference?

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I’m sure I’ve seen this discussed on here but can’t find it, but I wondered what the perks are of booking a future cruise whilst on board?

My husband and I have booked a Ventura cruise for August 2023 and my parents are onboard Ventura at the moment and have text to ask if we mind them coming too. 
Is it worth their while booking before they disembark on Sunday morning or does it make no difference?

Thanks in advance.

On Brittania we booked another staycation cruise on Iona and got 15% off. They had some good deals, can't remember them, but one was triple OBC.

3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thanks in advance.

It certainly could be if they get back after the 6th December, which is when the current 10% off the launch price offer ends.

As for any extra perks, there may be extra OBC, or possibly a £50 deposit, which might be lower than the launch 5%.

14 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I think you only have to pay a £50 deposit. 

We have only ever paid £50 deposit when booking onboard, which in a distinct advantage during Covid. We have always had extra OBC and sometimes a discounted price. 

I have had different offers on different cruises. Always been £50 deposit but in addition extra %off or extra OBC.

My very best bargain was when I did my first Caribbean cruise and a hand written notice went up behind the Future Cruise Desk and in Reception to stay on for the next cruise for £459 even better both cruises were no single supplement.

You can also transfer the cruise to your TA when back home. 

3 minutes ago, ccpm said:

I have had different offers on different cruises. Always been £50 deposit but in addition extra %off or extra OBC.

My very best bargain was when I did my first Caribbean cruise and a hand written notice went up behind the Future Cruise Desk and in Reception to stay on for the next cruise for £459 even better both cruises were no single supplement.

You can also transfer the cruise to your TA when back home. 

Years ago on Oriana there was a sign went up advertising the following cruise for 14 nights to the Baltics for about £499 or might have been £599.  We we're still working, otherwise would have stayed on.

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Normally low deposit and extra OBC.

There is normally an inducement to book onboard as mentioned above especially when new cruises are lunched.

If the cruise that they are on was booked via a TA then the new booking will be passed back to them. They may automatically receive a reward from the agent. When I previously mentioned what the reward could be the post was promptly taken down, This is obviously highly classified info that if made public could de-stable the whole travel industry and result in CC being taken down by Ofcom. So suggest the TA concerned is contacted to see what they are prepared to give them.

9 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

There is normally an inducement to book onboard as mentioned above especially when new cruises are lunched.

If the cruise that they are on was booked via a TA then the new booking will be passed back to them. They may automatically receive a reward from the agent. When I previously mentioned what the reward could be the post was promptly taken down, This is obviously highly classified info that if made public could de-stable the whole travel industry and result in CC being taken down by Ofcom. So suggest the TA concerned is contacted to see what they are prepared to give them.

I was quoting what they get as a perk from P&O. Of course they can leave the booking with P&O direct or transfer it to the TA that they are with when they book the cruise onboard and any perks or discounts will be on top of what P&O offer and nothing to do with P&O.