Best deck for Mini Suites?

suzyed

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

Which decks are the best for mini suites....B, C, R on the SKY?
Pros and Cons?

There is a vast choice of Mini-suites on Sky.  L107/108 and M107/108 are massive Premier Mini-Suites.  Marina suffers from open Lido Deck above making all cabins numbered 300 - 515 potentially noisy until you get down a few decks lower.  The Seawalk, as I understand it has had the inner vista blocked preventing the overlooking of balconies immediately below for a few decks, so that problem has gone.  B deck roughly B514 - B527 are the nearest the sea. So basically you just need to work out your priority. They are available on many decks. Another thing is that if you are sensitive about how big the actual balcony is then D701+ offer Premium Deluxe Balcony Cabins with bigger balconies but have smaller internal cabin area.  I always like to study the Deck Plan as it offers good comparisons of size and an idea of what is besides, above and below your choice.  Classic quiet is every neighbour is a private cabin'. E deck and lower suffer from partially obstructed views.  If you restrict your choice to B, C, and R within the 321 - 520 numbers range it looks pretty even, except some are Club Class and some have a non straight balcony front making that a little bigger or smaller than the next.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, john watson said:

There is a vast choice of Mini-suites on Sky.  L107/108 and M107/108 are massive Premier Mini-Suites.  Marina suffers from open Lido Deck above making all cabins numbered 300 - 515 potentially noisy until you get down a few decks lower.  The Seawalk, as I understand it has had the inner vista blocked preventing the overlooking of balconies immediately below for a few decks, so that problem has gone.  B deck roughly B514 - B527 are the nearest the sea. So basically you just need to work out your priority. They are available on many decks. Another thing is that if you are sensitive about how big the actual balcony is then D701+ offer Premium Deluxe Balcony Cabins with bigger balconies but have smaller internal cabin area.  I always like to study the Deck Plan as it offers good comparisons of size and an idea of what is besides, above and below your choice.  Classic quiet is every neighbour is a private cabin'. E deck and lower suffer from partially obstructed views.  If you restrict your choice to B, C, and R within the 321 - 520 numbers range it looks pretty even, except some are Club Class and some have a non straight balcony front making that a little bigger or smaller than the next.

Regards John

Thank you! Good info!

On 12/11/2021 at 2:09 PM, john watson said:

Regards John

Would this also apply to the Enchanted?

4 hours ago, suzyed said:

Would this also apply to the Enchanted?

More or less standard design for Princess Royal Class ships (includes Enchanted Princess).  There are videos on YouTube "Sky Princess Cub Class Mini Suite L107" and "Regal Princess Mini Suite M107" which show how good they are.  The balcony is forward facing but wraps around to side of ship too.  The best thing to search for information is Princess.com Deck Plans as clicking on each cabin gives statistics on that cabin. Easy to work out where cabins are located, what is above and below etc. for the exact ship you are contemplating sailing on.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Thanks 1

We had a mini-suite on the Lido deck when we sailed on the Sky.  It was quite nice.  We had easy access to the Lido area and pretty much any food and drink we needed.  It was a transatlantic and we had no rough seas so I cannot speak to motion at all.  We felt none!  It was amazing!

• 2 years later...
54 minutes ago, Amazing2021 said:

I just booked a cruise on the Regal Princess in a mini suite. M514 is this a good suite and location on the ship

It's not one that I'd book, since it's under the buffet. Many others would probably say it's fine, but I would be concerned about noise.

• Like 2

I would prefer to be mid-ship...  and not on an upper deck, such as Marina...  

Look at the mid-ship bump-out mini-suites with the angled larger balconies.

If any of these are available...  the standard balconies on this Royal Class ship are small/shallow

Be aware of the Sea Walk overhead...  If you are on a higher deck, this might provide too much of an overhang, shady, and blocking your view out overhead.