Chef's Table Lumiere

windsurferfirst

I was thinking of booking this for my husbands 60th birthday on Sky Princess next April. I would appreciate any feed back from people who have booked this in the past. My one concern is there will only be two of us so will they still go ahead if the other seats don't fill.

Have a great Christmas everyone and a happy, healthy New Year.

• Like 1

The Chef's Table is always so popular that if you don't sign up on embarkation day, you probably won 't be included.  We have done this at least 3x--wonderful food but almost too much!  At our age, we don't eat as much as we used to eat.  The entire menu is planned by the head chef and you can expect more than one entree.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would be more worried about getting in!  We were about the 5th couple onboard in November, and I went straight to the front desk, and they called the number to get on the list and handed me the phone.  After he took the information, I asked if we were sure to get in as we had to have been the first to call.  He said that there were people already on the list from so many people "in transit" (they were on the cruise the week before)! I finally understood why we hadn't been able to get in for several years.  Luckily, we were staying in a suite (our first ever), and the suite concierge got us in.  Another reason, it's probably hard to get in normally!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Try booking the Winemakers Dinner….exactly like Chef’s table only no tour of dining room or cookbook and it is $65 cheaper…only $40 per person (recommended by maitre d’ on Royal last month…they had them both at the same time and our servers told us the menus were exactly the same..only 1 of the wines was different)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I did both the winemaker and the chef table on the Royal last May.  They are indeed both different menus and both are worth it.  The Royal does it practically every night with the table filled, we know because we had a mix up with another party getting scheduled a different night and having to go on a 3rd night with both parties.  It's best to call the dine line as soon as you get on board.  I know I wasn't anywhere near the first on board last time...  maybe like the 1000th, but was able to still get it arranged.  The chef table is a little more seafood heavy with the winemaker being a little more meat heavy.  We enjoyed both, but decided when both were available, we would choose the winemaker over the chefs table.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

Try booking the Winemakers Dinner….exactly like Chef’s table only no tour of dining room or cookbook and it is $65 cheaper…only $40 per person (recommended by maitre d’ on Royal last month…they had them both at the same time and our servers told us the menus were exactly the same..only 1 of the wines was different)

Your server was...incorrect. The menus are not the same. Not even. But they are both wonderful in different ways 😊

• Like 3

10 hours ago, geepmaley said:

So can only book once on board?

Well...technically yes.  But on a previous cruise (A TA) where one of the Roll Call members just happened to be on the cruise just prior and was also booked on the TA...she was able to get advance bookings for a rather large group who were joining the ship for the TA.  I don't know how she did it and I did NOT ask questions!  That was our first Winemaker's Dinner and we've since done it two more times.  Have yet to do the CT since we feel we get so much value with the WD.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 4:26 AM, windsurferfirst said:

I was thinking of booking this for my husbands 60th birthday on Sky Princess next April. I would appreciate any feed back from people who have booked this in the past. My one concern is there will only be two of us so will they still go ahead if the other seats don't fill.

Have a great Christmas everyone and a happy, healthy New Year.

We just got off the Sky and we did the Chef’s table.  It cost about $275 incl tip for the 2 of us.

I will say that the service was top notch and made the experience. For every dish, 12 servers got behind each guest with a covered dish and simultaneously served and opened the tray. Pretty cool.

However the food was ok in that it was plentiful and good but in my opinion, lacked a lot of creativity that we’ve experienced at Carnivals Chefs Table over the years.

We did do a brief galley tour (with masks) but all appetizers and other courses were served in the private room in Cielo.

Probably for me the main issue with the food was the main course. As I don’t eat seafood, they basically loaded me up with 4 kinds of meat (Lamb, Beef, Pork and Chicken) with a small side of potatoes.  Again all very nice but it was just cooked meat, and a lot of it.

Appetizers, Dessert and other side dishes were pretty good.

Glad we did it but likely won’t be doing it again 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 6:43 PM, Cruise till you drop said:

We just got off the Sky and we did the Chef’s table.  It cost about $275 incl tip for the 2 of us.

I will say that the service was top notch and made the experience. For every dish, 12 servers got behind each guest with a covered dish and simultaneously served and opened the tray. Pretty cool.

However the food was ok in that it was plentiful and good but in my opinion, lacked a lot of creativity that we’ve experienced at Carnivals Chefs Table over the years.

We did do a brief galley tour (with masks) but all appetizers and other courses were served in the private room in Cielo.

Probably for me the main issue with the food was the main course. As I don’t eat seafood, they basically loaded me up with 4 kinds of meat (Lamb, Beef, Pork and Chicken) with a small side of potatoes.  Again all very nice but it was just cooked meat, and a lot of it.

Appetizers, Dessert and other side dishes were pretty good.

Glad we did it but likely won’t be doing it again 

Where do I sign up for that?  I have participated in two CTs and, for the life of me, I could not understand the appeal of standing around in the galley sipping Champagne and noshing on small bites.  I agree that the Champagne and the appetizers were all good, but my feet were getting cold.  I would much rather have done it seated at a table.

Boy, talk about First World problems.

• Like 1