Symphony - terrible / no shows / Covid ?

danielwje1

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Just reported on Local TV channel here in Virginia. NCL and Royal Caribbean canceling some cruises. But I be darn if I can  find anything about canceled cruises by Royal Caribbean.

Anyone else here heard anything.

I sure hope  we all don't read about this tomorrow morning.

It was reported on WDBJ7 Roanoke, VA.  No idea where they got the info from.

Roanoke 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

A cousin of mine recently left RI for Port St. Lucie.

And I was driving around with my sun roof open on a couple of days, too. The sun was making the car too warm.

Honestly don't care for sunroofs down here. Convertibles and NEV's are the way to go.

20220107_072225.thumb.jpg.4cdfd6e0ff5d21e7f1b55c5668fdafc3.jpg

Well, most of the time😉

20220107_072043.thumb.jpg.969c4817a7d83150c4f1cda87cc46dbd.jpg

Oh, and no sunroof in the Q5

Edited by John&LaLa

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Honestly don't care for sunroofs down here. Convertibles and NEV's are the way to go.

Well, most of the time😉

20220107_072043.thumb.jpg.969c4817a7d83150c4f1cda87cc46dbd.jpg

Oh, and no sunroof in the Q5

I've never cared for convertibles. Going down a highway at 70 mph I prefer being surrounded by metal. Besides, I don't even open the sun roof that often as I don't like noise interfering with the sound of my music. I pay a decent amount for upgraded sound systems.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, beshears said:

I know blood thins when a person lives in a warm state and it does make a difference when visiting a cold state.  Here in Missouri in the winter time, I call it MISERY!!

I can tell you it’s misery up here in Canada too. The best way I can think of warming up is heading to Q39, in Midtown, and getting a heaping plate of BBQ. Heck BBQ from anywhere would help with the cold. Actually any day BBQ would help. 😋😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've never cared for convertibles. Going down a highway at 70 mph I prefer being surrounded by metal. Besides, I don't even open the sun roof that often as I don't like noise interfering with the sound of my music. I pay a decent amount for upgraded sound systems.

We've had two of the Mercedes hard top convertibles, theyre nice. As far as sound, Laura's mustang is extremely quiet with the top up. Not like an old MG or Spitfire. And the audio upgrade is too notch. 

11 hours ago, nocl said:

Keep in mind that the air flow systems on cruise ships put a slight positive pressure inside.  If you keep the outside door open then that cabin will not keep that slight positive pressure and the air conditioning system for the surrounding cabins will be impacted since more air will flow into the cabin with the door left open.  In addition to the normal heating/AC impact it might also impact air flow from the hallways into that cabin.  Might be why they did not want the door left open.

I am sure it is not the case on all ships, but on most of them the A/C will automatically cut off if the balcony door is open.

• Haha 1

I sent some feedback to guest relations about  this Christmas cruise and got the following back: 

Covid-19 has presented some unique challenges for the cruise industry, and it requires a continuous effort by all parties to adhere to all requirements. We apologize for any frustration you may feel regarding your experiences on the Symphony of the Seas. Our teams strive for diligence in addressing lapses and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention.  I can assure you that your concerns and feedback have been shared with the correct departments.

I understand how important dining and entertainment are to a quality vacation, and personal space is invaluable even when we're not combating a pandemic. Your feedback and photographs will be very useful in reviewing the sailing and identifying ways to improve our responses and methods onboard.

I thank you again for sharing the details of your cruise, and I hope you'll let me know if you decide to sail with us in the future. I would love the opportunity to arrange some amenities to welcome you back onboard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Roanoke 🤣🤣

I guess that little old TV Station in Roanoke, VA. had some inside information on some of the  Royal Ships having some cancellations.  If I hear anything about your Harmony Sailing this Sunday I will let you know.  😁 😁

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess that little old TV Station in Roanoke, VA. had some inside information on some of the  Royal Ships having some cancellations.  If I hear anything about your Harmony Sailing this Sunday I will let you know.  😁 😁

Even a broke clock is right twice a day.

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Pretty sure you know they were referring to the Hong Kong cancellations😉

But I'd love your insight on Harmony. You were spot on for the Revenue TA

#thisnevergetsold

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure you know they were referring to the Hong Kong cancellations😉

But I'd love your insight on Harmony. You were spot on for the Revenue TA

#thisnevergetsold

not true, the broadcast said Royal Caribbean had some of their ships and sailings cancelled..........so somebody there knew someone at Royal that this was about happen.

But you can spin it anyway you like.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

@Rosy Season Now that Royal cancelled a bunch of upcoming sailings out of Florida, a lot of people here owe you an apology.  They discounted your posts and bullied you because you shared your quarantine experience and explained how Royal wouldn’t help with your post-cruise quarantine arrangements like they promised.

Hugs ❤️

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

not true, the broadcast said Royal Caribbean had some of their ships and sailings cancelled..........so somebody there knew someone at Royal that this was about happen.

But you can spin it anyway you like.

FWIW you were right.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We've had two of the Mercedes hard top convertibles, theyre nice. As far as sound, Laura's mustang is extremely quiet with the top up. Not like an old MG or Spitfire. And the audio upgrade is too notch. 

We have a ruby red Mustang convertible like yours and we love it. DH is a motor head and loves to drive it. We have an after market windscreen and have driven it across country in comfort. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

We have a ruby red Mustang convertible like yours and we love it. DH is a motor head and loves to drive it. We have an after market windscreen and have driven it across country in comfort. 

I refer to Laura's as 'Arrest Me Red'

She had to special order it to get the white interior. I was fine with the red interior,  but it's her car. 

I'll look into the windscreen, thanks

21 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

I don’t know what the staffing levels were during the shutdown, but I doubt very seriously that it was so low that the captain would have to go around flushing toilets and running water through the faucets in the empty cabins. 

Apparently you’ve never been a supervisor, a big part of their job is to make sure the work gets done by the right person. You also must think that the chore in question was part of the captains job as you stated “What can I shove off to others what I do not want to do myself.”

I think you want to continue to argue so keep doing it. I choose to ignore as I believe captains can help at anything they want to

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I think you want to continue to argue so keep doing it. I choose to ignore as I believe captains can help at anything they want to

Helping isn’t the problem, posting it on the internet telling everybody you’re doing it is self serving and egotistical, “look at what I’m doing, isn’t that great?”

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Helping isn’t the problem, posting it on the internet telling everybody you’re doing it is self serving and egotistical, “look at what I’m doing, isn’t that great?”

one more thing, me thinks you do not like female captains.   Just saying. 

give it up already.  She is very beloved so deal with it.  You go KATE

• Like 2

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Honestly don't care for sunroofs down here. 

John that is one DANG CUTE DOGGIE.   OMG  If I lived near you, I would stop just to say hello to the dog.  I might smile and say hi to you too.  well maybe.   Ha Ha

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, D4 said:

@Rosy Season Now that Royal cancelled a bunch of upcoming sailings out of Florida, a lot of people here owe you an apology.  They discounted your posts and bullied you because you shared your quarantine experience and explained how Royal wouldn’t help with your post-cruise quarantine arrangements like they promised.

Hugs ❤️

Thank you.  I take no pleasure in the conditions we were in or having to say what I said.  It was a nightmare and Harmony was just one of the firsts.  I truly think that the entire industry is about to pause for a bit.  At the very least, I hope people realize I wasn't lying or making it up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, D4 said:

Hugs ❤️

very nice comment.  Nice to see and I agree.

• Like 4