Health questionnaire-pre boarding

1 hour ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

If I recall, they ask if you have had covid symptoms in past 14 days, tested positive, or been in close contact with anyone that tested positive.  I am sure I missed a few, but those are the standard questions lol cruise lines are asking.

What happens if you admit to having symptoms or been in close contact? Can't really lie about a test I think/hope. 

21 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

What happens if you admit to having symptoms or been in close contact? Can't really lie about a test I think/hope. 

You're denied boarding. That's what happened to me. I had negative tests, minor symptoms and a close contact who had tested positive. Easily I could have lied and boarded. But I told the truth and was instantly denied boarding.

I tested positive for covid the following day.

So for all you currently on the Navigator, you're welcome. 🙂

in the end, i'm glad I did. Happier to be sick at home than quarantined in cabin or worse, disembarked in Mexico. 

Royal said i'd be refunded, so i'll cruise again soon enough.

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, gospelle said:

You're denied boarding. That's what happened to me. I had negative tests, minor symptoms and a close contact who had tested positive. Easily I could have lied and boarded. But I told the truth and was instantly denied boarding.

I tested positive for covid the following day.

So for all you currently on the Navigator, you're welcome. 🙂

in the end, i'm glad I did. Happier to be sick at home than quarantined in cabin or worse, disembarked in Mexico. 

Royal said i'd be refunded, so i'll cruise again soon enough.

That's a long way to go to not board a ship, good for you for doing the right thing. And yeah you're right, would suck to test positive while on board. Any problems coming back to Canada or are you still in Florida?

On the health questionnaire does that mean 14 days from when you were in contact with a person o r 14 days from when they tested positive. If they tested positive 5 days after you had contact when does the 14 days begin?

On 12/27/2021 at 1:17 PM, Mapleleafforever said:

That's a long way to go to not board a ship, good for you for doing the right thing. And yeah you're right, would suck to test positive while on board. Any problems coming back to Canada or are you still in Florida?

It was Los Angeles where the ship was, and we were denied boarding via the app, just after noon the day prior to boarding, which happened to be just a few hours prior to our flight, so we were able to cancel the flights and didn't have to cross any borders.  Had we flown, we'd be stuck in LA as a PCR test would have been required to come back. 

41 minutes ago, dijo said:

On the health questionnaire does that mean 14 days from when you were in contact with a person o r 14 days from when they tested positive. If they tested positive 5 days after you had contact when does the 14 days begin?

14 days starts 14 days prior to answering the question. If you had contact with them in that time and they subsequently tested positve (OR developed covid like symptoms), then that's it, you don't sail unless you lie.

32 minutes ago, gospelle said:

It was Los Angeles where the ship was, and we were denied boarding via the app, just after noon the day prior to boarding, which happened to be just a few hours prior to our flight, so we were able to cancel the flights and didn't have to cross any borders.  Had we flown, we'd be stuck in LA as a PCR test would have been required to come back. 

When does the health questionnaire become available on the app? Did you get an email to complete it?  

21 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

When does the health questionnaire become available on the app? Did you get an email to complete it?  

Just after noon the day prior to boarding. I believe the app notifies you. 

Edited by gospelle

We had the scenario where we couldn't answer the last question with a "no" about coming in contact with someone who had covid the past 14 days as there was a case in my son's class.  He had a negative antigen test and also negative PCR test (and sat no where near the kid).  Royal said we would be denied boarding.  We didn't want to drive all that way to confirm test this, so we cancelled.