Dining room dress code on (Crown) Princess

sjde

2 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

So that you don't have to ask one question at a time, Princess' recommendations are here:

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/pre-cruise/what-to-pack-for-a-cruise/

That's all very well and good but I think that sjde would really like to know what people are actually wearing on the ships, not what Princess posts in their advertised literature, which we all know can be two completely different things. 

Thankfully Cruise Critic can present both sides of the table so the unexpected can be prepared either way.

19 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

That's all very well and good but I think that sjde would really like to know what people are actually wearing on the ships, not what Princess posts in their advertised literature, which we all know can be two completely different things. 

Thankfully Cruise Critic can present both sides of the table so the unexpected can be prepared either way.

Three people ahead of me, including you, answered that point already. What would the point of me or anyone merely parroting the same or similar response?  From previous posts I've read, Sjde is a river cruiser and first I've read on Princess boards. So, if this is a first Princess cruise, the link gives answers to several questions one might have on a first Princess cruise. There was no, "side of the table," as you put it, taken. Purely informational.

1 hour ago, mtnesterz said:

Three people ahead of me, including you, answered that point already. What would the point of me or anyone merely parroting the same or similar response?  From previous posts I've read, Sjde is a river cruiser and first I've read on Princess boards. So, if this is a first Princess cruise, the link gives answers to several questions one might have on a first Princess cruise. There was no, "side of the table," as you put it, taken. Purely informational.

What would be the point of directing a person to the official Princess web answer? Anyone can do that on their own & serves no useful purpose.

On the other hand, peoples various experiences on different ships offer a true view of what to expect before sailing. 

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

What would be the point of directing a person to the official Princess web answer? Anyone can do that on their own & serves no useful purpose.

On the other hand, peoples various experiences on different ships offer a true view of what to expect before sailing. 

I always like to try and send a poster to Princess.com for information as some posters new to PCL are not necessarily aware of the extent of info there.  It's good to read what PCL says about things officially as well as get any other views from folks who have sailed with PCL.

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I always like to try and send a poster to Princess.com for information as some posters new to PCL are not necessarily aware of the extent of info there.  It's good to read what PCL says about things officially as well as get any other views from folks who have sailed with PCL.

You would think that people would have researched it for themselves before booking a cruise on any cruise line. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 8:04 AM, Mike07 said:

I've seen it happen, but guests were politely asked to wear pants the next evening.

On the Caribbean Princess last week, 2 guys in shorts and tees were turned away at the door of the Island Dining room for dinner. They were sort of shocked but said they were not aware of the policy and either went back to their stateroom to change or up to the World Marketplace.

Edited by MISTER 67