Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

15 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 127/152 - Barcelona, Spain - Gaudi, Waffles, and Diana

What a different included tour you had then ours last Fall on a Viking extension.  I did enjoy it and fortunately knew in advance the sights we would visit so our private sightseeing would exclude them.  Great photos of LSF outside.  Too bad you did not go inside.  That Gaudi house looks like Casa Mila.  Our guide told us that is his favorite inside tour of all the Gaudi properties.

1 minute ago, TayanaLorna said:

What a different included tour you had then ours last Fall on a Viking extension.  I did enjoy it and fortunately knew in advance the sights we would visit so our private sightseeing would exclude them.  Great photos of LSF outside.  Too bad you did not go inside.  That Gaudi house looks like Casa Mila.  Our guide told us that is his favorite inside tour of all the Gaudi properties.

I agree with your guide and so do my DMIL!😂

748883C8-AA98-482D-9BCA-3EEAF7265B2B.jpeg

• Like 3

After SGF, Casa Batlo gets our vote for best Gaudi interior. We did those two.(2nd time for SGF), Park Guell & Casa Mila earlier this month after our TA.  Park Guell was in a freezing rain, though, so didn’t make the rankings!

17 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 127/152 - Barcelona, Spain - Gaudi, Waffles, and Diana

Antoni Gaudi: More is more. 😄

Viking River offers “relaxed” tours for those with mobility issues. Seems like a no-brainer to offer them on Ocean, too. I wonder why they don’t.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twitchly said:

Antoni Gaudi: More is more. 😄

Viking River offers “relaxed” tours for those with mobility issues. Seems like a no-brainer to offer them on Ocean, too. I wonder why they don’t.

I wonder why also.  There are more people aboard and I would guess more with mobility issues than River.  

5 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Except for the LSF your guide was right.  We really enjoyed a tour of the house - and especially the roof-scape.

2015-06-23 02.02.52.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RPapaMarshall said:

Except for the LSF your guide was right.  We really enjoyed a tour of the house - and especially the roof-scape.

2015-06-23 02.02.52.jpg

I think another Barcelona visit is on order.  In our limited time there we chose LSF inside and out, Parc Guell and the Abbey at Montserrat.  I love the Modernist movement in architecture and would tour Casas Mila and Batlo and the Palau de Musica.

• Like 1

We have eaten at that market a couple of times.  You can find very interesting things there including sheep head.  We stuck to the less exotic.  

No stories of pick pockets?  We had a BIL pick pocketed there on a train.  He knew it the moment it happened but couldn’t catch or stop the person as they quickly passed the wallet off to another.  We carry everything of value in a pac safe bag so never had any trouble.   This was a few years ago so maybe it’s better?  

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We have eaten at that market a couple of times.  You can find very interesting things there including sheep head.  We stuck to the less exotic.  

No stories of pick pockets?  We had a BIL pick pocketed there on a train.  He knew it the moment it happened but couldn’t catch or stop the person as they quickly passed the wallet off to another.  We carry everything of value in a pac safe bag so never had any trouble.   This was a few years ago so maybe it’s better?  

They warned us extensively about pickpocketing. I didn't hear of any instances so I assume everyone heeded the warnings.

6 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

They warned us extensively about pickpocketing. I didn't hear of any instances so I assume everyone heeded the warnings.

Sitting on the balcony of our holiday apartment on Las Ramblas we saw examples of pickpockets at work down below.Also saw police accosting some of them.

One climbed a tree to try and avoid them but had to admit defeat and surrender 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We stayed at the Royal Ramblas overlooking Las Ramblas and also saw the pickpockets at work and running from police. We loved that same marketplace and it is especially fun (and crowded) at night. We ordered our first beer ever at a fast food restaurant at the Burger King on the Ramblas. I ordered a salad and it came with a small bottle of olive oil and a small bottle of vinegar. Didn't expect that. Barcelona is by far one of our favorite cities to visit.

Edited by Insanityx4
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 128/152 - Barcelona, Spain Day 2 - Rambla-n on

Can’t believe you didn’t buy a cagner for your nativity set. Ours graces our set each Christmas since we learned about him during our 2018 Barcelona visit. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 130/152 - Sea Day - The Rock, tomahawks, lobster, rainbows

That photo of the two of you with the rainbow behind is a keeper. That one deserves a place on the mantle. Not that you’ll ever be home to see it!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

That photo of the two of you with the rainbow behind is a keeper. That one deserves a place on the mantle. Not that you’ll ever be home to see it!

May 25 is coming soon and we'll be jetting back to Florida - the home of many of us former Michiganders!

5 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

May 25 is coming soon and we'll be jetting back to Florida - the home of many of us former Michiganders!

Isn’t that the truth. I think half the state either has a second home in Florida or has moved there.