P&O Cancellation Terms

davecttr

22 hours ago, molecrochip said:

I acknowledge that the customer service which you've received there is bad. When I said "Hang in there", I was more suggesting that your problem should resolve itself to allow you to move... eventually. 

Hi Moley have there been any developments today with regards to the Ventura/Aurora cruises that you can share with us please 

27 minutes ago, Mollag said:

Hi Moley have there been any developments today with regards to the Ventura/Aurora cruises that you can share with us please 

Last I heard, Ventura will still sail for Maderia on Monday. If no major issues with PCR tests ahead of Maderia arrival then all is likely to be good.

Aurora is, I believe, scheduled to head for dry dock on Wednesday evening. But that may have changed given location of dry docks.

Just now, molecrochip said:

Last I heard, Ventura will still sail for Maderia on Monday. If no major issues with PCR tests ahead of Maderia arrival then all is likely to be good.

Aurora is, I believe, scheduled to head for dry dock on Wednesday evening. But that may have changed given location of dry docks.

That’s great thank you much appreciated 👍

13 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

That’s a brave move. I’m quite surprised. Fingers crossed that it all goes to plan, both in terms of getting to all the scheduled ports and no outbreaks on board.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

And before anyone asks why Aurora is going for dry dock, all the ships that have re-entered service since (and including QM2) have or will have a dry dock.

What happened with Aurora before Xmas she went to Hamburg and came back a couple of days later was it because Germany shut up shop?

18 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

That’s a brave move. I’m quite surprised. Fingers crossed that it all goes to plan, both in terms of getting to all the scheduled ports and no outbreaks on board.

But does anybody on here genuinely believe that a 35 night cruise can go anything remotely close to plan currently?

I was going to say it will end up as organised chaos

But tbh it's more likely to become disorganised chaos as the cruise line has to deal with countless problems on a daily basis 

I can't even say fingers crossed it goes ok

It just won't go ok. Let's be honest?

It will do  well to last 10 days before it starts having to offload passengers and crew etc 

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

8 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

How long before we follow that advice ?  I wouldn't have thought our leaders could ignore the situation with the daily numbers so high. I know some on here disagree but IMO cruising is too risky at this time.

Wonder if that will impact on the Ventura 35 night USA cruise in February 

14 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

Cruising is risky agreed, but the goalposts keep changing,  

LFT Tests do not always show a person infected until the last minute.

but will show when infection is not contagious 

A PCR Test will show a person is infected 

However

Once infected and recovered, if another PCR Test is taken possibly up to 90 days after that person could still show a positive  PCR test result. Which causes problems travelling. 

The Omicron variant , when fully vaccinated with booster, appears to be  less severe to the variant two years ago,  

Here in UK we have reduced quarantine to 6/7th day if two negative LFT test taken 24hrs apart.

USA are 5 days quarantine.

More Tests being taken, more cases known.

Covid now compared  Covid 2 years ago is not the same. 

and it is feasible that the outbreak can and should be  controlled on a ship, except if one becomes really ill.

Like Norovirus

What is happening and scaremongering,  is not comparing covid now to Covid 2 years ago.

How many people in a Hospital ICU are not vaccinated ? that is the figure required to be advertised not 

how many  deaths  occurred in the UK . As the death does not always relate to Covid.

Lots of folk seem to be quite content to take the risk. The very best of luck to them. We have a gap in February and the prices for the Britannia Caribbean look quite good. 

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

How long before we follow that advice ?  I wouldn't have thought our leaders could ignore the situation with the daily numbers so high. I know some on here disagree but IMO cruising is too risky at this time.

I would think any minute if the past is anything to go by.  Most sensible people wouldn't cruise now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I would think any minute if the past is anything to go by.  Most sensible people wouldn't cruise now.

Not me but between a rock and a hard place. Long cruise, booked two years ago and I’m terrified of being off loaded to quarantine. What can I do? Don’t want over 12K as FCC, can’t cancel as lose the lot, so have to go. It’s a lot of money for a cruise which won’t remotely like previous ones. I’m sorry for others who are looking forward to it but I’m personally praying it’s cancelled 😞 

7 minutes ago, Cristaltips said:

Not me but between a rock and a hard place. Long cruise, booked two years ago and I’m terrified of being off loaded to quarantine. What can I do? Don’t want over 12K as FCC, can’t cancel as lose the lot, so have to go. It’s a lot of money for a cruise which won’t remotely like previous ones. I’m sorry for others who are looking forward to it but I’m personally praying it’s cancelled 😞 

Hang in there. From your previous post I'm assuming it's the Ventura 35 nights in February. If it is, there is a lot could happen before then. Fingers crossed for you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

It actually says that passengers with increased risk of severe illness should avoid cruising.

So it is not as clear as you make out.

"It is especially important that travelers who are at an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide, regardless of vaccination status,” the agency said."

• Like 1

Tell a white lie and say you dont want to be given a third jab after feeling so unwell when you had the second.

That way they will then refuse you boarding, and giving you the right to a full cash refund, under their latest terms and conditions. Their website still only says double vaccinated last time I looked, and still is the standard for most places. 

33 minutes ago, wowzz said:

It actually says that passengers with increased risk of severe illness should avoid cruising.

So it is not as clear as you make out.

"It is especially important that travelers who are at an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide, regardless of vaccination status,” the agency said."

On the American boards they point out that this is advisory. They seem to be pretty much ignoring it. CLIA are pointing out that it is unfair to the cruise industry and it seems CDC have an agenda. We will be ignoring it untill the UK FCO issue their dictat. We won't be going into hiding and if cruising stops in the UK will find some other form of foreign holiday. What other folk do is their choice, but we have made ours.

17 minutes ago, zap99 said:

On the American boards they point out that this is advisory. They seem to be pretty much ignoring it. CLIA are pointing out that it is unfair to the cruise industry and it seems CDC have an agenda. We will be ignoring it untill the UK FCO issue their dictat. We won't be going into hiding and if cruising stops in the UK will find some other form of foreign holiday. What other folk do is their choice, but we have made ours.

I would say that I deleted the post that you quoted, as I was wrong.

However, the fact remains that the CDC can only offer guidance, and the mood on the US boards is very much one of "screw the CDC" !

I don't see the UK government advising against cruising anytime soon, especially given the lack of serious symptoms with most Omnicron cases.

Obviously the public will make their own mind up, but I suspect P&O will try and ride out the next few weeks, waiting for the inevitable reduction in cases later in January  (hopefully!).

Just now, wowzz said:

However, the fact remains that the CDC can only offer guidance, and the mood on the US boards is very much one of "screw the CDC" !

I don't see the UK government advising against cruising anytime soon, especially given the lack of serious symptoms with most Omnicron cases.

Obviously the public will make their own mind up, but I suspect P&O will try and ride out the next few weeks, waiting for the inevitable reduction in cases later in January  (hopefully!).

The other threads seem to be getting deleted, so by the time you read this........🤔. The CDC advise against cruising but then say........if you do 🤣

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Much different for US cruisers

7 night ish cruises starting and ending in Florida with much less chance of quarantine and nice weather from start to finish even if you lose all the port stops

They don't even have to test to get off the boat back in Florida

They never really know how many passengers are infected 

They just find out how many crew are infected once a week

I would take the risk in their shoes 

Theres nothing like that we can book in UK

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

CDC certainly does have an agenda.  It's stated very clearly:

CDC works 24/7 to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S. Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights disease and supports communities and citizens to do the same.

CDC increases the health security of our nation. As the nation’s health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our mission, CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats, and responds when these arise.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

CDC certainly does have an agenda.  It's stated very clearly:

CDC works 24/7 to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S. Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights disease and supports communities and citizens to do the same.

CDC increases the health security of our nation. As the nation’s health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our mission, CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats, and responds when these arise.

As per the link I posted earlier,  if cruise ships in the US have a lower incidence of covid outbreaks than the general US population,  why does  the CDC single out the cruise industry.

As has been pointed out in other forums,  US theme parks are open, with no need for proof of vaccinations, negative test reults, social distancing etc. 

I'm obviously aware that there are differences between the two, but you would think that the CDC should also be advising against going to Disneyland! 

• Like 3