New Tier between Platinum Plus and Ambassador starting Jan 2022

fstuff1

6 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

The Sapphire tier benefits are described in the iPhone NCL app.   It still shows the same point levels as the previous D+ tier.  

Yes, they have been there all day (see post 73). At the moment they have just renamed P+ as Sapphire. My assumption is that this is in preparation for introducing a new tier above that.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 2

Does anyone know what the boundaries of Sapphire and Diamond (?) will be?   Also will the level of Ambassador rise?   My wife and I are both on 550 points so are very interested in any change especially as we have lots of cruises booked.

At present when i go to "MyNCL" the Latitudes tab is no longer there most of the time.   When it is it takes me to "My Account".

MOST ANNOYING!!!! 

Edited by casofilia
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, casofilia said:

Does anyone know what the boundaries of Sapphire and Diamond (?) will be?   Also will the level of Ambassador rise?   My wife and I are both on 550 points so are very interested in any change especially as we have lots of cruises booked.

At present when i go to "MyNCL" the Latitudes tab is no longer there most of the time.   When it is it takes me to "My Account".

MOST ANNOYING!!!! 

The only suggestion I have heard (earlier in this thread I think) is 350 points for Diamond.

Would make sense to me. Sapphire starts quarter of the way to Ambassador and Diamond at half way.

If those numbers are correct then I don’t see Ambassador changing.

On my end, the webite just lists my points at 96 when I log in, no level anymore. The app still has me as Platinum with next level listed as Platinum Plus. I'm anxiously waiting to see how they revamp the program. Everyone is talking about changes at the top level, but I am hoping that the Platinum benefits are not cut, specifically the laundry and specialty dining. There are a lot more cruisers at that level now. They could also up the points needed for each level like they did a few years ago. Hopefully if that happens, we will get grandfathered in and stay Platinum. 

Interesting that on Friday I got in touch with my PCC in Sydney and he was unable to tell me anything!!!   

One would have thought that all NCL offices would have been given information so such a release went worldwide at the same time.

On 1/7/2022 at 1:19 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

We are not on the same page traveling in the same direction - - -

No links or URL about it

Screen shots may reveal my personal account information

Login to NCL.com

Enter your user name and password to seek your own unique personal account information

relative to your own Latitudes Rewards status.

Latitudes Rewards Program Benefits link: https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program#!#benefits

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

@Wendy&Grumpy

Thanks for the link but that is the situation today.   What everyone is waiting for is what the situation will be on the 10th!!

It might be interesting to take a screen shot of that and compare with the new, when it arrives.

That's all there is on the website right now. The "Sapphire" naming only shows in the app.

38 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Yes, on the website. The "Sapphire" naming only shows on the app.

For a while yesterday the Sapphire naming appeared on the website for some of us, including showing our status as Sapphire (which is more than the app is doing). However it has changed back now.

10 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

For a while yesterday the Sapphire naming appeared on the website for some of us, including showing our status as Sapphire (which is more than the app is doing). However it has changed back now.

I remember the good old days when I worked in IT.  We would plan a computer system conversion for weeks or even months to ensure a smooth transition.  We would run simulations offline to find any bugs and try to make sure that end users would never be subjected to a haphazard, piecemeal implementation of a new suite of software.  Ah, the good old days.

@The Traveling Man

Those were the days when NOTHING went out from any office of an important company before it was proof read by the writer and then checked again for accuracy by a superior.   That was, of course, before NCL actually existed.

Everyone went by the saying:- "Do it once and do it right".

Edited by casofilia

4 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@The Traveling Man

Those were the days when NOTHING went out from any office of an important company before it was proof read by the writer and then checked again for accuracy by a superior.   That was, of course, before NCL actually existed.

Everyone went by the saying:- "Do it once and do it right".

I was still coding COBOL in the 1990s.  NCL was around before that.

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

I remember the good old days when I worked in IT.  We would plan a computer system conversion for weeks or even months to ensure a smooth transition.  We would run simulations offline to find any bugs and try to make sure that end users would never be subjected to a haphazard, piecemeal implementation of a new suite of software.  Ah, the good old days.

You have to play in your own sandbox!