New email from Royal. Very much a CYA Message. Offers nothing except CWC.

dianajo67

As these new protocols are just now being established, it remains to be seen how well RCCL enforces them on board ships.

I'm on the HOYS Jan 16 cruise and we haven't gotten the email yet.  Could come from out TA.  The concern from others on this cruise appears to be which, if any, ports we'll dock at.  No word on that and I suspect we won't hear until the next week or the week before the cruise.  The 2 cruises before us stop in St Thomas and CocoCay. but not San Juan.  We'll keep an eye out for what happens on those cruises.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ramona760 said:

Are they sending out notices if you booked with a TA? Anyone get one from Navigator OTS? We are booked on Jan 14, a 3 day from L.A.

I rarely use a TA.  This time I did.  I am not getting the emails directly from Royal.  My TA forwards the messages on to me.

• Like 1

It's frustrating that some don't get it that Royal is just doing everything they can to avoid another cruising shutdown. I applaud all the measures they are taking, and realize that during a pandemic where cases/treatments/guidance are constantly changing, that Royal will need to adapt as well. Any manner of cruising is better than the industry being shut down again.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Diveloonie said:

Can you please explain why you think PR would be skipped?  We are supposed to depart out of that port in a few weeks.

PR has a new requirement that all arrivals have a negative test within 2 days of arrival to the island regardless of vaccine status.  Seems to apply to cruises as well as airports etc.  It sounds like Royal will still do cruises from PR as folks flying to the cruise will meet the requirement of a recent test and will then provide a test before debarkation at the end of the cruise.  It’s just the ships making port stops there that are unlikely to go.  

29 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

PR has a new requirement that all arrivals have a negative test within 2 days of arrival to the island regardless of vaccine status.  Seems to apply to cruises as well as airports etc.  It sounds like Royal will still do cruises from PR as folks flying to the cruise will meet the requirement of a recent test and will then provide a test before debarkation at the end of the cruise.  It’s just the ships making port stops there that are unlikely to go.  

What happens if  a day before debarking the ship you are positive? They don't want you on the island, do you have to stay on the next sailing to quarantine until you get a negative test result to get off the ship?

Just now, Jimbo said:

What happens if  a day before debarking the ship you are positive? They don't want you on the island, do you have to stay on the next sailing to quarantine until you get a negative test result to get off the ship?

I would imagine the port agreement includes quarantine hotels that infected folks would go to.  Will be interesting to see the numbers the first time they do this.

1 minute ago, dianajo67 said:

I would imagine the port agreement includes quarantine hotels that infected folks would go to.  Will be interesting to see the numbers the first time they do this.

I still don't see SJ putting up with that. I can see possibly cruising stopping from SJ because of this issue.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You can read about it here....

I got the same email though my TA today for my 16 Jan Allure sailing.  They are certainly opening up the door for the limits on amenities that was observed on the Odyssey holiday cruise: 

I'm fine with increased protocols being used and certainly hope that this is more than just lip service.  I realize that this only lowers the chances of covid; what will really reduce the chances of getting covid are these protocols plus reduced capacity (less people + same amount of space = reduced exposure).  

11 hours ago, nelblu said:

I'm on the January 22 Allure sail and no e-mail.  My TA has been MIA over the last 2 months.

I'm on this sailing too and a travel agent. Nothing came for this one. Everyone's agents should forward everything to them when they get it. 

8 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Just like in real life and venues all over, I've never once seen 100% compliance on mask wearing WITH properly fitted masks. You'd be hard pressed to find a hospital with 100% compliance, most simply don't get their mask fitted properly to create a nice seal. A lot of Dr's use full forced air respirators for a reason. That said, do I think they can help somewhat? Sure. At the percentages you state and that are tossed around on TV? Absolutely not. It's simply not comfortable and people will choose comfort eventually. The best defense remains vaccines and boosters to keep folks from getting hospitalized or dying.

Masks are mostly theater and folks that want to wear well fitting N95's to protect themselves (as always intended with them), should do so but let's stop this forced mask charade. It doesn't work, people won't comply if they don't want to or will find away around it (fake compliance mask, mesh mask, fake docs, exemptions etc) and it just clouds up issues and replaces the problem with a new one that is further reaching and escalates tensions and divisions. Trying to control everyone and staying mad when it doesn't work has got to be exhausting. 

Evidently, you just DON’T get it (and won’t). Stubbornness rules in your head. Do us all a favor and STAY HOME!

34 minutes ago, MarKandi said:

Evidently, you just DON’T get it (and won’t). Stubbornness rules in your head. Do us all a favor and STAY HOME!

I feel that I explained my position well, I'm sorry you don't like it but I can't help that. It would of been nice for you to state your position instead of attacking me for mine but that's cool. Hope you have a great day and are blessed with all the N95's you need to feel comfortable/safe and protect yourself. Good day!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I feel that I explained my position well, I'm sorry you don't like it but I can't help that. It would of been nice for you to state your position instead of attacking me for mine but that's cool. Hope you have a great day and are blessed with all the N95's you need to feel comfortable/safe and protect yourself. Good day!  

I thought you were spot on!  (I'm not sure why your original post disappeared.)

• Like 1