Symphony - Unvaccinated Suite Guest Access

WESTPAC72

Cruising with a large family group with both vaccinated and unvaccinatd family.  All are staying in Suites (Grand and Owner). 

Will unvaccinated family (potentially adults and certainly young kids) be granted entry to:

-Coastal Kitchen

-Suite Lounge  

-Suite Sun Deck (all outdoors).

Thanks in advance for any information.  

3 hours ago, WESTPAC72 said:

-Suite Sun Deck (all outdoors).

Should be OK for this venue and maybe CK, unlikely for the SL. The RCI app has most venues listed, but it doesn’t have a V (vax only) or E (everyone) designation for CK. 

For Oasis class.ships-

CK is available for everyone

Pool decks are available for everyone. 
Sorry, simply can”t recall regarding the suite lounge. I would guess it would be available since it is the same room as Coastal Kitchen. Some of the suite lounge chairs and the Coastal Kitchen tables are just feet away from each other. 

For other areas, you can check the app. If there is no “V” it is available for everyone 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

A very few may get a medical exemption. 

I’ve been told of medical exemptions. It was reported there were 4 unvaccinated adults on a recent Harmony cruise. (Somewhere around 4000+ passengers on board.). How easy/hard is it to get an exemption 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I’ve been told of medical exemptions. It was reported there were 4 unvaccinated adults on a recent Harmony cruise. (Somewhere around 4000+ passengers on board.). How easy/hard is it to get an exemption 

m

Extremely difficult. My friend couldn't sail with an unvaccinated 12 year old with a legit doctor exemption because RCI medical team didn't approve it. To make matters worse, the answer came after final payment and they ended up not traveling and getting a credit instead of a refund.

We have been in CLS suites for four cruises since the restart and before vaccines were approved for anyone under 12 YO, and there have been several children in CK on each cruise. Rarely saw any of the families with small kids frequent the Suite Lounge, however.

The suite sun deck was virtually deserted on each of our cruises - most days we were the only ones up there other than the bartender.

Well, I know the DL on Harmony was vaxxed only and we could and did take off our masks so it would make sense that the SL would be also.   I never saw any guests in the DL with a mask on (concierge and waitstaff did of course).  This was Nov 28 and Dec b2b so rules may have changed recently.

Edited by BND

Just now, BND said:

Well, I know the DL on Harmony was vaxxed only and we could and did take off our masks so it would make sense that the SL would be also.   I never saw anyone in the DL with a mask on.  This was Nov 28 and Dec b2b so rules may have changed recently.

Yes -The rules have changed in the past week or so. Mostly more masking 

M

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes -The rules have changed in the past week or so. Mostly more masking 

M

I knew for a lot of venues but haven't read anything about the DL and SL's  (and the few CL's left)

Regarding the medical exemption for adults...the information that I received (several months ago) is that medical exemptions are granted only for already-booked cruises, which leads me to believe that exemptions must be re-approved every time an unvaccinated adult wants to cruise.  IOW, there is no "blanket" medical exemption that will apply to anyone.  Who knows if the rules have changed since then....

• Haha 1