January 2022 cruising on RCL

beshears

I'm just curious.  I know RCL gave everyone the option to "cancel" out their cruise here recently because of ALL the changes, because of the virus, etc. problems it was causing when cruising, and was going to give a credit to those that wanted to do this. My question, have you decided to cancel out your cruise, or go ahead as planned? I was thinking if several canceled out, that will leave the ship even more empty, or more room for those that still plan to cruise! 🙂

• Like 3

We are booked for Liberty out of Galveston on Jan. 16 (we are in central Texas, so no flights involved). The CDC's travel advisory yesterday has me rethinking. We are both fully vaccinated and boosted, and we are very careful to wear masks when at the grocery store or out in public here at home, so wearing a mask onboard will not be a problem for us. The original itinerary got changed a few weeks ago and we aren't all that interested in the three ports, so we were already thinking about just staying on the ship.  I guess we have a bit longer before we have to make that decision. I'm literally flip-flopping about every 10 minutes! 😄

• Like 4

We are booked on the same cruise (Liberty, Jan. 16).  As of this moment we are going ahead with the cruise.  We were on the Adventure on Dec. 20 with no issues.  We do avoid the crowds when we can by preferring venues that were less populated.  This will be our 4th cruise since August 2021.

• Like 1

We're on Harmony for the Jan 30 sailing.

We were able to snag an owner's suite with free gratuities and $300 OBC for about $7500 all-in, so we're definitely going as that seems like a steal from what I've been searching lately.

Hate masking so I figure I'll have to "level-up" my sunscreen for this cruise :). (Doubt it happening but hoping the masking rules roll back to at least what they were before the recent changes).  Looking at how fast it Omicron has sped through South Africa and the tentatively seen better outcomes along with customer blowback of more restrictive masking I'm giving it a slight chance.  

But either way it's been too long to have been on a ship so unless they cancel, it's happenin' for us.

• Like 3

We are booked for 1/8 on Enchantment, 12 nights. Right now, we are both on the fence. We can tolerate masks (to a degree), but our main concern is too much sea time if ports/activities get cancelled. Enchantment doesn't have a lot of extra's to start with, so losing ports is an issue for us. 

Cost also plays into our decision. This cruise originated as a 2020 cruise but was lifted and shifted twice. Cancelling and rebooking for a similar cruise in March would also mean additional $$. We got a really good price on a JS, so the $$ plays a big factor for us. We'll see how it goes until next Wednesday, and then make our call. 

I really thought the decision would be easy. I was wrong.

2 minutes ago, skagen said:

We're on Harmony for the Jan 30 sailing.

We were able to snag an owner's suite with free gratuities and $300 OBC for about $7500 all-in, so we're definitely going as that seems like a steal from what I've been searching lately.

Hate masking so I figure I'll have to "level-up" my sunscreen for this cruise :). (Doubt it happening but hoping the masking rules roll back to at least what they were before the recent changes).  Looking at how fast it Omicron has sped through South Africa and the tentatively seen better outcomes along with customer blowback of more restrictive masking I'm giving it a slight chance.  

But either way it's been too long to have been on a ship so unless they cancel, it's happenin' for us.

Agree on price point. It's a huge factor for us given the current pricing is much higher. Would be a no brainer if we could just reschedule a new date for same price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're on the January 9 Liberty sailing.  We've been talking about it, but we're still a "go" at the moment.  We don't mind masking at all, and we expect that the number and demographics of the passengers will be dramatically different than the holiday cruises.

That doesn't mean we aren't keeping our ear to the ground and won't cancel come later in the week.  We hope to hear some reports from generous CCers who may be on board next week.

• Like 1

B2B scheduled to sail next Thursday 1/6.  I’m on the fence, leaning to one side and then the other.  I’m not concerned about getting the virus.  I’m triple vaxed and have had the delta infection.  
The extra space with all the cancellations sounds wonderful.  The remaining passengers will likely be the die-hard “ride or die” cruisers.  I used to be one of them, but now I’m feeling less inclined to deal with the hassle, and the possibility of missing even Coco Cay is a deal breaker for me. 
90% sure I’ll cancel these 2 sailings.  I have another B2B booked for April and things should calm down by then. 

We're sailing on the Harmony on 1/16.  No plans to cancel unless positive COVID.  But we're boosted and have avoided it thus far.  No plans on going anywhere near crowds.  Work is relatively safe as I have an office and few come there but 3 co-workers on occassion.

We are scheduled on Mariner 1/28/22…we are still planning on going.  We are triple vaxxed and we live outside of Chicago, so the mask mandates here (and for the last almost 2 years) are the same as on the ship again.  Would much rather be in warmer weather on board.  We also booked with the crown and anchor points promo in the summer and have quad points coming bc we got a steal on a Grand Suite.  If Royal is the one to cancel, I hope they allow people to keep the promo.   But we are still planning on going if they are! 

Edited by Meem47
  • Like 1

We are booked on Odyssey January 23rd. Only reason we are considering cancelling is if alot of the onboard activities remain closed. We have 2 tweens (both vaccinated) and 6 days with nothing for them to do would not be a good time or worth the money. Gonna wait as long as we can to decide. 

January 9 Odyssey.  Planning on going on a less-crowded ship.  🙂

Luckily, my county has boosted staffing at the free testing clinic so no worries about access to a pre-cruise test.  My last eMeds expire on the 5th (including the extension) and can't take it before the 7th.

• Like 1

Same ship, same considerations. 

It’s a really cool itinerary, but if we are over 1% positive, all those islands except for St Maarten are off limits to us. 

It would really suck to spend three solid days getting down there only to get denied disembarkation and have to float around until we have three days back. 

That particular itinerary on that particular ship is literally an all or nothing crapshoot. 

3 hours ago, John Prine Fan said:

We are booked for 1/8 on Enchantment, 12 nights. Right now, we are both on the fence. We can tolerate masks (to a degree), but our main concern is too much sea time if ports/activities get cancelled. Enchantment doesn't have a lot of extra's to start with, so losing ports is an issue for us. 

Cost also plays into our decision. This cruise originated as a 2020 cruise but was lifted and shifted twice. Cancelling and rebooking for a similar cruise in March would also mean additional $$. We got a really good price on a JS, so the $$ plays a big factor for us. We'll see how it goes until next Wednesday, and then make our call. 

I really thought the decision would be easy. I was wrong.

3 hours ago, SheSailsFL said:

B2B scheduled to sail next Thursday 1/6.  I’m on the fence, leaning to one side and then the other.  I’m not concerned about getting the virus.  I’m triple vaxed and have had the delta infection.  
The extra space with all the cancellations sounds wonderful.  The remaining passengers will likely be the die-hard “ride or die” cruisers.  I used to be one of them, but now I’m feeling less inclined to deal with the hassle, and the possibility of missing even Coco Cay is a deal breaker for me. 
90% sure I’ll cancel these 2 sailings.  I have another B2B booked for April and things should calm down by then. 

Is missing coco cay a possibility?  I was thinking that was the one stop that we could count on.  Why would Coco Cay be canceled unless the weather was bad?