Navigator New Years Cruise

4 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Sorry to hear that. It seems the local authorities are not abiding by the Federal Government’s decision to allow ships to dock, even with positive cases aboard.

If there about 2000 (?) crew that's about 9 crew.

3 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

They seem to be getting more strict, or they know more information than has been provided. Things are changing quickly.  The NCL Pearl is returning to port and canceling the current sailing and the NCL Getaway sailing for tomorrow has been canceled, both due to Covid cases.

41 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

They seem to be getting more strict, or they know more information than has been provided. Things are changing quickly.  The NCL Pearl is returning to port and canceling the current sailing and the NCL Getaway sailing for tomorrow has been canceled, both due to Covid cases.

Our final payment is due 1-22 for our 7 night February 21st cruise. Keeping my fingers crossed.

For those on Navigator now is there a good selection of Pay per View movies available?  We like to watch a good movie in the evening. We don't mind paying for it if it's a good movie.

Edited by Lorey2007

@bonsai3s Since you have been on so many Navigator sailings since the startup, I wondered what time disembarkation begins/ends? It says they are returning at 6 AM. I am trying to decide on a 10:20 AM Southwest flight from Long Beach (LGB). 

The next flight is not until 1:50. Thanks. :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

@bonsai3s Since you have been on so many Navigator sailings since the startup, I wondered what time disembarkation begins/ends? It says they are returning at 6 AM. I am trying to decide on a 10:20 AM Southwest flight from Long Beach (LGB). 

The next flight is not until 1:50. Thanks. :classic_biggrin:

Disembarkation typically starts at 7:15 am (only experienced it earlier once, 7:05 am) and the ship is "cleared" by 9:30 am. 

Numbered luggage tags are distributed the night before and no announcements are made on the p.a. system. Passengers can watch their TV inside the comforts of tbeir cabin until their number is cleared to disembark.

It is an efficient and quick process...walk off at deck 4...walk down the gangway...get your luggage...CBP checks your passport, ask to lower your mask and you are out the door...approx. time 12 minutes.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

For those on Navigator now is there a good selection of Pay per View movies available?  We like to watch a good movie in the evening. We don't mind paying for it if it's a good movie.

We'll bring our FireStick...In the past we've been able to watch Netflix & Amazon Prime.

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

Any first run or "just out" movies?

Categories include: action, adventure, autism channel, biography, comedy, documentary, drama, fantasy, musical, thriller, safety & free channels.

I'm unable to tell if the movies are "just out"...no category for "New Releases".

I haven't watched a movie in over 20 years...I have retinitis pigmentosa.

40 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Categories include: action, adventure, autism channel, biography, comedy, documentary, drama, fantasy, musical, thriller, safety & free channels.

I'm unable to tell if the movies are "just out"...no category for "New Releases".

I haven't watched a movie in over 20 years...I have retinitis pigmentosa.

Thanks so much for checking all you info is so helpful.

5 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

I have a Roku would that work the same? Do you need to bring a remote to change the input?

You can switch the input on the TV.  There are HDMI inputs on the side, and there is a menu button underneath.  You press it until the selection goes to "Input", then hold it for a few seconds until it switches to the HDMI port your Roku/Firestick is plugged into.

The issue I have with the Firestick I brought is you can't get it hooked to the Royal internet since you have to log in through a browser/login screen, but the browser won't load without an internet connection.  So we have just been using an iPad or Mac to stream through the TV since you can open the browser on those without being logged on to the RCI internet.

On 1/4/2022 at 3:13 PM, Lorey2007 said:

15 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

They shouldn't need 2000 crew for 1600 passengers should they?

Surely they stand crew down when guest numbers are so low?

Currently on board. 1000 amazing crew!

• Like 3

On 1/6/2022 at 8:22 PM, Baowen said:

Hi!  Any chance of posting the cruise compass? We are doing the 1/17/2022 7 day to Cabo/Mazatlan/PV.

Beth

Just off Navigator today from the 7 nt NYE cruise... Everything is done via the app so no Cruise Compass. Anything in particular you're looking for?

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Just off Navigator today from the 7 nt NYE cruise... Everything is done via the app so no Cruise Compass. Anything in particular you're looking for?

"No" printed Cruise Compass available at all ?? This is crazy...I'm not an app person at all !!